Thread: Maui 2018

Default Maui 2018

A word of caution for those headed to Maui in November. I do not know why, but early booking on both hotel and airfare prices are insane - worst I have seen in 20+ years. Very odd, but perhaps the improving US economy and all that money we old people are making in the stock market is causing everyone to pay stupid prices. Sorry!

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Zag View Post
    A word of caution for those headed to Maui in November. I do not know why, but early booking on both hotel and airfare prices are insane - worst I have seen in 20+ years. Very odd, but perhaps the improving US economy and all that money we old people are making in the stock market is causing everyone to pay stupid prices. Sorry!

Go Bulldogs!
    "75" hypothetically, all things being equal, how difficult is to get tickets? There is no sense to pay for airline tickets as well as lodging if tickets are virtually impossible to obtain...

The wife and I planned to go this year and yes Maui in itself is reason enough to go BUT I want my cake and be able to eat it too!

I think I have been to almost every Gonzaga game in Maui. Tickets have never been a problem except in 2009 there seemed to be a lot of Arizona, Vandy, and Wisconsin people looking for tickets at the exact same time I was. But we got in and didn't get "scalped". In 2013 several of the friendly guys selling tickets outside the arena (arena being a relative term - more like a big gym) gave up and there were literally people giving away free tickets to those who were willing to wait until just before game time. In the spirit of full disclosure I will say that a couple UCLA friends did not get tickets in 2015 because the Kansas, Indiana, UNLV and Vandy folks apparently out bid them at the door.
    If the 2018 Maui lineup holds true (and it probably will at this point), Arizona and Duke should travel well and you never know about San Diego State and Xavier. But once again I will be going without advance tickets and am confident I will see every GU game. And in a worst case scenario, I will be eating Poke from the Lahina Safeway (best deal in Hawaii) and resting on the beach in the sunshine and applying sunscreen to the Lovely Mrs. '75 instead of watching a game. That does not sound like torture to me.

Have you signed up at the Maui web site? I always do. Their web site says ticket-only packages will go on sale in August of 2018. In my experience that never actually happens and signing up is unlikely to get you advance tickets, but you never know: http://mauiinvitational.com/sb_output.aspx?form=23

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Booked my package today. We are going to celebrate our 20th anniversary and figured I couldn't risk missing out. The site could be a little more explicit about what I purchased. I'm hoping I get two sets of All-Tournament tickets, but Mrs. Fly maybe staying on the beach while I run down to the games.

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Booked my package today. We are going to celebrate our 20th anniversary and figured I couldn't risk missing out. The site could be a little more explicit about what I purchased. I'm hoping I get two sets of All-Tournament tickets, but Mrs. Fly maybe staying on the beach while I run down to the games.
    Our anniversary is the 16th, and we're trying to go, but as 75 said, the prices are nuts; $3800 for 2 grownups ans 2 kids for 3 nights, and that's just for hotel, not airfare!!!

https://www.wynjade.com/mauiinvitational18/pricing.html

My wife and daughters wont wanna go to the games, just me, so I wonder if I can just get tickets for myself.

Wondering if anyone has a lead for tickets to the Ill and Game 8 in Maui. Am willing to pay over value- Need 2 if possible. Thanks in advance