Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Dickinson plays for Dematha Catholic in Maryland. They always have good teams and produce tons of D-1 players. He is currently ranked at #14 with 247. Some of Dematha's alumni:

Markelle Fultz
    Jerami Grant
    Jerian Grant
    Victor Oladipo
    Johnny Sawyer (SCU guard)
    Adrian Dantley
    Mike Brey (Notre Dame coach)
    Adrian Branch (ugh)
    Danny Ferry
    Joseph Forte

Isaac Johnson is ranked in the 50's. Only one crystal ball prediction with him at 247, and it's Gonzaga. 6-11, 210lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Dickinson plays for Dematha Catholic in Maryland. They always have good teams and produce tons of D-1 players. He is currently ranked at #14 with 247. Some of Dematha's alumni:

Markelle Fultz
    Jerami Grant
    Jerian Grant
    Victor Oladipo
    Johnny Sawyer (SCU guard)
    Adrian Dantley
    Mike Brey (Notre Dame coach)
    Adrian Branch (ugh)
    Danny Ferry
    Joseph Forte

Isaac Johnson is ranked in the 50's. Only one crystal ball prediction with him at 247, and it's Gonzaga. 6-11, 210lbs.
    quite the list, thanks. a couple others are backcourt mates Sidney Lowe and Derek Whittenburg from Jimmy V's National Championship team who played for famed high school coach Morgan Wootten at De Matha. The espn special on Jimmy V is a must see, and documents these two and their journey from De Matha to NCState nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    quite the list, thanks. a couple others are backcourt mates Sidney Lowe and Derek Whittenburg from Jimmy V's National Championship team who played for famed high school coach Morgan Wootten at De Matha. The espn special on Jimmy V is a must see, and documents these two and their journey from De Matha to NCState nicely.

Agreed, bum.
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Soon as I saw Dematha I thought the same thing. My favorite 30-for-30 of all time. Still watch it when I see it on ESPN. Still can't believe NC State won that game, but was cheering for them throughout the whole tournament.

I broke up with a gal over that game. We had a date that night and asked her if we could reschedule, because I didn't want to miss the game. She said, "Sure." The next night I called and asked her where she would like to go out. She said she couldn't because she was washing her hair. I asked if it was in retaliation for me breaking our date, so I could watch the game and she said, "Yes." I told her okay and never spoke to her again. Great decision. The game was memorable, she wasn't.

Adrian Dantley, Jarrett Jack, and I believe two current players who made the U18 Team USA squad this summer. That program is always stacked; the list of well known DeMatha Catholic HS hoops players goes on and on. I got to work two summers as a coach for Morgan Wooten’s basketball camp in ‘96-‘97; his son Joe hooked me up thanks to the AD at the small school I was teaching at and coaching middle-school hoops team for then: St Anselm’s Abbey School in DC.

Please pardon the thread drift. Summer time ....
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

Quote Originally Posted by Robzagnut View Post

I broke up with a gal over that game. We had a date that night and asked her if we could reschedule, because I didn't want to miss the game. She said, "Sure." The next night I called and asked her where she would like to go out. She said she couldn't because she was washing her hair. I asked if it was in retaliation for me breaking our date, so I could watch the game and she said, "Yes." I told her okay and never spoke to her again. Great decision. The game was memorable, she wasn't.
    Great story. And even greater decision by you! Thanks for sharing.

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    6m6 minutes ago
    More
    The following teams have confirmed that they’d watch 2020 four-star Ben Carlson:

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue, Iowa State, Stanford, Northwestern, Butler, Creighton, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Indiana, Ohio State, Gonzaga, and Colorado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4bPD0OJfns

Pretty sure Isaiah Cottrell plays with Dom Harris.

Harris helping out with recruiting

Dominick Harris

@DominickHarri2
    Following Following @DominickHarri2
    More Dominick Harris Retweeted Jake
    Gonzaga �� @bigfella702

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    Following Following @jakeweingarten
    More
    2020 five-star Isaiah Cottrell will be watched by the following schools next week:

Arizona State, Gonzaga, Washington, Arizona, Kansas, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, USC, WVU, Virginia, Syracuse, UNLV, Michigan, TCU, Wake Forest, Cal, Marquette.

New team: @DreamVisionBall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post

Dominick Harris

@DominickHarri2
    Gonzaga �� @bigfella702

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    More
    2020 five-star Isaiah Cottrell will be watched by the following schools next week:

Arizona State, Gonzaga, Washington, Arizona, Kansas, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, USC, WVU, Virginia, Syracuse, UNLV, Michigan, TCU, Wake Forest, Cal, Marquette.

Dom Harris will help us out in more ways than one, this would be a huge recruit if we were able to land him. Pretty impressive list of teams!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Dom Harris will help us out in more ways than one, this would be a huge recruit if we were able to land him. Pretty impressive list of teams!
    I really think Dom is going to lead to a SoCal pipeline. He slipped under the radar a bit when he committed so early, but has really put himself on the map since then. Love the kid already, haven't been this hyped for a recruit in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    I really think Dom is going to lead to a SoCal pipeline. He slipped under the radar a bit when he committed so early, but has really put himself on the map since then. Love the kid already, haven't been this hyped for a recruit in a long time.
    Right with you! He ranks top 75 by 247 right now, but will likely keep moving up and up over the next few years!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post

Dominick Harris

@DominickHarri2
    Gonzaga @bigfella702

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    More

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    And Isaiah Cottrell plays for the same high school Zach Collins did - Bishop Gorman in Vegas

List of our 2020 recruits from Gonzaga Guru

https://twitter.com/GonzagaGuru/stat...21596322455552

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Actually, he had blue-blood options. He and Shawn (His dad, Coach Harris) chose GU.

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    And Isaiah Cottrell plays for the same high school Zach Collins did - Bishop Gorman in Vegas
    To go with this post and Zag_Fanatic, aside from the pipeline that could develop, great players like this don't go somewhere to play by themselves. They are both great players on their own and will make attempts to recruit others to come play with them. This recruit will start an era that will be unforgettable. And that's saying something, considering what's already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaholicPodcast View Post
    To go with this post and Zag_Fanatic, aside from the pipeline that could develop, great players like this don't go somewhere to play by themselves. They are both great players on their own and will make attempts to recruit others to come play with them. This recruit will start an era that will be unforgettable. And that's saying something, considering what's already happened.
    I know a lot of people are gonna scoff at this, but i would not be surprised if Gonzaga were to win 2 or 3 national championships in the next decade. Duke West.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    I know a lot of people are gonna scoff at this, but i would not be surprised if Gonzaga were to win 2 or 3 national championships in the next decade. Duke West.
    Even Duke East won’t do that. C’mon.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    It's really hard to win 'ships when you're replacing 4 outta 5 starters every year.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    It's really hard to win 'ships when you're replacing 4 outta 5 starters every year.
    In AAU circles, it’s “chips.”

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    I like it smoove

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Didn't Villanova just do that?

Quote Originally Posted by West Side Lady View Post
    Didn't Villanova just do that?
    Yes, yes they did. Along with Uconn, North Carolina and, uh, Duke East.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagabasketball View Post
    Yes, yes they did. Along with Uconn, North Carolina and, uh, Duke East.
    Florida w Horford, Noah and Brewer coached by Billy Donovan
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”