Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 276 to 292 of 292

Thread: 2020 Recruits

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I think when/if Nix/Burrett get close to committing Few will call Suggs and ask him point blank where he is and then move forward if he is undecided. Just a small note here Few new about 2 weeks prior to Strawther committing via Twitter that Strawther was committed to GU. Things like that are normal and I would expect that some sort of call would be made to Suggs before signing one of the other two.
    Honest question regarding the recruiting process - how does that work with Nix/Burnett? Would they already be under the impression that they aren't Few's first choice? I can't imagine Few receiving a call from Nix saying he wants to commit and Few being like "hold on let me just make sure that Suggs doesn't want it first and I'll get back to you".

  2. #277

    Default

    bring them all in...1a 1b heck 1c...the scholarships will work themselves out...you really need at least 4 guys at minimum anyways avg. 30min per and 5 is ideal for a zag backcourt.

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Honest question regarding the recruiting process - how does that work with Nix/Burnett? Would they already be under the impression that they aren't Few's first choice? I can't imagine Few receiving a call from Nix saying he wants to commit and Few being like "hold on let me just make sure that Suggs doesn't want it first and I'll get back to you".
    No it doesn't work that way, our coaches are in contact with these players every single day. They have a feel already on where things will go. If Nix says he is ready to commit then there have been conversations leading up to that day that give the staff the feel it's coming and that is when they talk to Suggs. Many of these players say whatever they want on social media to mislead people in their recruiting process, but when they are talking to coaches, the staff knows where they stand with these guys better than anyone.

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    bring them all in...1a 1b heck 1c...the scholarships will work themselves out...you really need at least 4 guys at minimum anyways avg. 30min per and 5 is ideal for a zag backcourt.
    All are super talented and scholarships would work themselves out, but we already have Harris/Strawther and if we had 3 more guards that cuts playing time for high rated recruits. Remember our 2019 class is loaded at the 3-5 position, so we are talking two guard positions right here.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    So we have not used this a lot, but want to bump it up to the top again for 2020.

    With the Powell hiring a name to watch is Nimari Burnett. Great relationship with Powell and we had some initial interest (he had interest back as well).
    I mentioned this a few weeks ago...

    https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...72316112392192

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I mentioned this a few weeks ago...

    https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...72316112392192
    Nix or Burnett (sp?) If Suggs falls out, is there a preference?

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Nix or Burnett (sp?) If Suggs falls out, is there a preference?
    Sounding more and more like Nix might be a legit option in 2019! Burnett is 2020 and it might not even be Suggs or Burnett, could easily be Suggs and Burnett.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Sounding more and more like Nix might be a legit option in 2019!
    Any more information you can share here?

  9. #284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Sounding more and more like Nix might be a legit option in 2019! Burnett is 2020 and it might not even be Suggs or Burnett, could easily be Suggs and Burnett.
    That haul would be epic!

    It's incredible how much GU recruiting has evolved.

    Pretty exciting time to be a Zags fan!

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    Any more information you can share here?
    Nothing yet, but the rumblings are not quieting down...

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,657

    Default

    EPI Training


    @ElitePInstitute
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    Gonzaga University completed in-home visit with Woodward Academy’s 2020 7’0 PF/C Walker Kessler

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    EPI Training


    @ElitePInstitute
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    Gonzaga University completed in-home visit with Woodward Academy’s 2020 7’0 PF/C Walker Kessler
    I knew nothing about him, so just watched my first reel of him; very, very impressed. He's very skilled, coordinated, great post moves, shot blocker, passer and shooter. No wonder he's a 5*. He's from the southern Atlanta suburbs abd right now Puke and Georgia are leading, but if you're a high major "big" coming outta high school, how could you not pick Gonzaga? Olynyk, Sabonis, Collins, JWIII and now Rui and Clarke are about to be lottery picks.


  13. #288
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    EPI Training


    @ElitePInstitute
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    Gonzaga University completed in-home visit with Woodward Academy’s 2020 7’0 PF/C Walker Kessler
    Keep an eye on Kessler, him and Burnett are two of Powell's recruits that have great relationships with Powell.

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I knew nothing about him, so just watched my first reel of him; very, very impressed. He's very skilled, coordinated, great post moves, shot blocker, passer and shooter. No wonder he's a 5*. He's from the southern Atlanta suburbs abd right now Puke and Georgia are leading, but if you're a high major "big" coming outta high school, how could you not pick Gonzaga? Olynyk, Sabonis, Collins, JWIII and now Rui and Clarke are about to be lottery picks.

    Clark wasn’t on any mock drafts prior to this year. Now he’s a projected lottery pick. Rui may very well join him there.

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Clark wasn’t on any mock drafts prior to this year. Now he’s a projected lottery pick. Rui may very well join him there.
    Huh? I was listing all of the "bigs" that we're putting into the NBA. I read the Duke board last night and they think he's a lock for them, they're already adding him to their roster.


    K already keeping busy
    Went to see Jaylen Johnson in home yesterday.
    Going to see Caleb Love today.
    I think we get Johnson, Hampton (if he doesnt reclassify), Kessler, and maybe Boston next year. Other targets are Love and Roach. We need to target more bigs because we literally have 0 once Carey leaves.


    Johnson, Boston and Kessler are the three I feel best about. I advocated for pursuing another lower ranked big this year because I'd like to have one with some experience next year. If Hurt is one and done, we're going to be scrambling there.

    https://247sports.com/college/duke/B...ass-131437884/

    That would stink if we lost Suggs and Kessler to Puke, but not sure how much of a priority bigs are with Timme, Ballo, Petrusev and Pavel. Even if Filip leaves after this season, we still have an embarrassment of riches at the 5.

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Huh? I was listing all of the "bigs" that we're putting into the NBA. I read the Duke board last night and they think he's a lock for them, they're already adding him to their roster.


    K already keeping busy
    Went to see Jaylen Johnson in home yesterday.
    Going to see Caleb Love today.
    I think we get Johnson, Hampton (if he doesnt reclassify), Kessler, and maybe Boston next year. Other targets are Love and Roach. We need to target more bigs because we literally have 0 once Carey leaves.


    Johnson, Boston and Kessler are the three I feel best about. I advocated for pursuing another lower ranked big this year because I'd like to have one with some experience next year. If Hurt is one and done, we're going to be scrambling there.

    https://247sports.com/college/duke/B...ass-131437884/

    That would stink if we lost Suggs and Kessler to Puke, but not sure how much of a priority bigs are with Timme, Ballo, Petrusev and Pavel. Even if Filip leaves after this season, we still have an embarrassment of riches at the 5.
    I was supporting your conclusion (e.g. taking a non-mock draft player to the lottery over the course of 1 year supports GU as an ideal place to get both exposure AND develop).

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I was supporting your conclusion (e.g. taking a non-mock draft player to the lottery over the course of 1 year supports GU as an ideal place to get both exposure AND develop).
    Ah...sorry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •