Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    IMO spy, Liam is a walk-on caliber player at best at Gonzaga, I have watched many of his games... there are other places he would start or get more minutes of PT.... the difference between 99. and 99.9 is a good analogy.... I'm not sure his career at GU would be better than Jack Beach's... but again...

Just my opinion...

Go! Zags!!!
    Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think he'll be a star or anything, but I think that he can carve out a nice "Dranginis" type career for himself at GU. To think that a kid who literally grew up with a top 10 program would not play for them for the possibility of more minutes at an inferior program is hard for me to fathom, but who knows? LL still has 2 more seasons and he's becoming a stud, so where he winds up as a senior should be interesting, but my money is on the fact that he'll play for the team that he literally grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think he'll be a star or anything, but I think that he can carve out a nice "Dranginis" type career for himself at GU. To think that a kid who literally grew up with a top 10 program would not play for them for the possibility of more minutes at an inferior program is hard for me to fathom, but who knows? LL still has 2 more seasons and he's becoming a stud, so where he winds up as a senior should be interesting, but my money is on the fact that he'll play for the team that he literally grew up with.
    I think it will depend on how much playing time he thinks he can get. The vast majority of kids want to play, and will choose a program where they'll get that opportunity.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    depends on his personal goals...i've personally encouraged fringe pro players to choose academics...for example, stanford would still be an excellent bball program, but a guy like tommy's kid could potentially get more playing time and an elite education at the same time.

I am throwing this name out there, but I have not heard the name from any of my people and honestly not sure how interested we are at this point. I will do some digging on this, as he is only a 3 star big.

https://twitter.com/shon12_/status/1107784028822749185

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I am throwing this name out there, but I have not heard the name from any of my people and honestly not sure how interested we are at this point. I will do some digging on this, as he is only a 3 star big.

https://twitter.com/shon12_/status/1107784028822749185
    Sent a text with ??? after that tweet and the response was pretty priceless. I would say we did some initial scouting and that's it on Shon, the interest is more from his side as of now.

So we have not used this a lot, but want to bump it up to the top again for 2020.

With the Powell hiring a name to watch is Nimari Burnett. Great relationship with Powell and we had some initial interest (he had interest back as well).

So we have not used this a lot, but want to bump it up to the top again for 2020.

With the Powell hiring a name to watch is Nimari Burnett. Great relationship with Powell and we had some initial interest (he had interest back as well).
    That's potential big news!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    That's potential big news!
    Burnett is a stud, but our priority target for 2020 is Suggs so not sure right now how hard we will push for Burnett when/if Suggs commits.

Burnett is a stud, but our priority target for 2020 is Suggs so not sure right now how hard we will push for Burnett when/if Suggs commits.
    hopefully suggs won't drag the process out so zags can move forward if he chooses elsewhere...guys like burnett or nix aren't exactly your normal backup plans.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    hopefully suggs won't drag the process out so zags can move forward if he chooses elsewhere...guys like burnett or nix aren't exactly your normal backup plans.
    No they are not, but that is where our recruiting is going to right now. I expect Suggs will decide this summer at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Julian Strawther ‏
    @JulianStrawther

Blessed to have received an offer from Gonzaga University #GoZags ‼️‼️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyjldIGxkds

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...rized-recruit/
    Think this is fitting for today! September 11th, 2017 is when we offered!

I mentioned this name for a reason...

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...31893794791424

I mentioned this name for a reason...

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...31893794791424
    Is he going pro?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Is he going pro?
    No, but he did have interest from Vandy.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    What pro league are they in?

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Nice....

What pro league are they in?
    SEC
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Is he going pro?
    The connection is our new Assistant
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    The connection is our new Assistant
    Ahhhhhhh. Thx 62

Ahhhhhhh. Thx 62
    Is this plan B?
    Just realized I listed a 5 star recruit as a plan B. Gotta lay off those edibles......

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Is this plan B?
    Just realized I listed a 5 star recruit as a plan B. Gotta lay off those edibles......
    We have hit a point in our recruiting that our plan B for 2020 is definitely a 5 star recruit, but I would say it this way 1A Suggs 1B Burnett/Nix... It's more about fit and style than the star rating at this point.

My question is, if one the the 1Bs wants to commit, do we go with that player instead of waiting for 1A?

Bird in the hand. Hard lesson for some kids but we've seen it before that they wait and wait for whatever reason and a team... doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    My question is, if one the the 1Bs wants to commit, do we go with that player instead of waiting for 1A?
    I do when they’re this close talent wise.

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    I think when/if Nix/Burrett get close to committing Few will call Suggs and ask him point blank where he is and then move forward if he is undecided. Just a small note here Few new about 2 weeks prior to Strawther committing via Twitter that Strawther was committed to GU. Things like that are normal and I would expect that some sort of call would be made to Suggs before signing one of the other two.