Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagabasketball View Post
    Yes, yes they did. Along with Uconn, North Carolina and, uh, Duke East.
    3 in 10 years???? Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    I know a lot of people are gonna scoff at this, but i would not be surprised if Gonzaga were to win 2 or 3 national championships in the next decade. Duke West.
    Agreed. We are seeing better and better recruits start looking our way, to go with an amazing coaching staff. I think it's more of a Nova like situation, but Duke is a good comparison as well.

Before winnng more than one, let’s try to get back to the FF to win our first!

Schools such as Duke, UK, KU, UCLA etc all have excellent recruiting each year and they have extreme difficulty time getting to the EE let alone winning the whole ball of wax. GU has one FF appearance and it took us 20 years for us to get there. We would all like GU to make it back to the FF and that in itself is an incredible accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    3 in 10 years???? Get a grip.
    He said 2 or 3, no? And your boys at Duke east had 3 in 11 years from 91-01. While it didn't happen, your perch on the ledge of righteous indignation isn't nearly so secure as you've led your self to believe.

I took the comment to be more along the lines hyperbole, amyway.

He said 2 or 3, no?
    Stop with the facts, you're confusing people

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Before winnng more than one, let’s try to get back to the FF to win our first! .
    Sounds like a logical place to start to me.
    "but I did not shoot the deputy...."

We have the talent to win 2 in the next 5 years if we win it this year and then Tillie and Rui stay for their senior years. We d have exceptional talent this and the next few years. LUCK is always needed though......nobody's a lock for a FF let alone a championship.

We win a title this year and Tillie and Rui are not going to be here for their senior years.

It would be a historic team if Rui and Tillie did stay.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

He said 2 or 3, no? And your boys at Duke east had 3 in 11 years from 91-01. While it didn't happen, your perch on the ledge of righteous indignation isn't nearly so secure as you've led your self to believe.

I took the comment to be more along the lines hyperbole, amyway.
    Maybe just a little bit, but i definitely think we are growing into a program that can compete for titles with the big boys annually. Whether we win them remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Agreed. We are seeing better and better recruits start looking our way, to go with an amazing coaching staff. I think it's more of a Nova like situation, but Duke is a good comparison as well.
    Nova works too.

I just see what Coach K built at Duke, how he took a program on the fringes and made it a blue blood within 30 years. I see Coach Few as being capable of taking the enormous amounts of talent hes cobbling together and doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Maybe just a little bit, but i definitely think we are growing into a program that can compete for titles with the big boys annually. Whether we win them remains to be seen.

Nova works too.

I just see what Coach K built at Duke, how he took a program on the fringes and made it a blue blood within 30 years. I see Coach Few as being capable of taking the enormous amounts of talent hes cobbling together and doing the same.

Yes, of course. I understood that you werent actually predicting 2 or 3 titles in the next ten seasons.