Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagabasketball View Post
    Yes, yes they did. Along with Uconn, North Carolina and, uh, Duke East.
    3 in 10 years???? Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    I know a lot of people are gonna scoff at this, but i would not be surprised if Gonzaga were to win 2 or 3 national championships in the next decade. Duke West.
    Agreed. We are seeing better and better recruits start looking our way, to go with an amazing coaching staff. I think it's more of a Nova like situation, but Duke is a good comparison as well.

Before winnng more than one, let’s try to get back to the FF to win our first!

Schools such as Duke, UK, KU, UCLA etc all have excellent recruiting each year and they have extreme difficulty time getting to the EE let alone winning the whole ball of wax. GU has one FF appearance and it took us 20 years for us to get there. We would all like GU to make it back to the FF and that in itself is an incredible accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    He said 2 or 3, no? And your boys at Duke east had 3 in 11 years from 91-01. While it didn't happen, your perch on the ledge of righteous indignation isn't nearly so secure as you've led your self to believe.

I took the comment to be more along the lines hyperbole, amyway.

He said 2 or 3, no?
    Stop with the facts, you're confusing people

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Before winnng more than one, let’s try to get back to the FF to win our first! .
    Sounds like a logical place to start to me.
    "I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

We have the talent to win 2 in the next 5 years if we win it this year and then Tillie and Rui stay for their senior years. We d have exceptional talent this and the next few years. LUCK is always needed though......nobody's a lock for a FF let alone a championship.

We win a title this year and Tillie and Rui are not going to be here for their senior years.

It would be a historic team if Rui and Tillie did stay.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

He said 2 or 3, no? And your boys at Duke east had 3 in 11 years from 91-01. While it didn't happen, your perch on the ledge of righteous indignation isn't nearly so secure as you've led your self to believe.

I took the comment to be more along the lines hyperbole, amyway.
    Maybe just a little bit, but i definitely think we are growing into a program that can compete for titles with the big boys annually. Whether we win them remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Agreed. We are seeing better and better recruits start looking our way, to go with an amazing coaching staff. I think it's more of a Nova like situation, but Duke is a good comparison as well.
    Nova works too.

I just see what Coach K built at Duke, how he took a program on the fringes and made it a blue blood within 30 years. I see Coach Few as being capable of taking the enormous amounts of talent hes cobbling together and doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Maybe just a little bit, but i definitely think we are growing into a program that can compete for titles with the big boys annually. Whether we win them remains to be seen.

Nova works too.

I just see what Coach K built at Duke, how he took a program on the fringes and made it a blue blood within 30 years. I see Coach Few as being capable of taking the enormous amounts of talent hes cobbling together and doing the same.

Yes, of course. I understood that you werent actually predicting 2 or 3 titles in the next ten seasons.

Isaiah Cottrell, hmm. Interesting.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    A regular grip or a key grip? Union or no? Maybe a golf grip!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Isaiah Cottrell, hmm. Interesting.
    Has a shot at the AA game. He'll have to be a bit more dynamic, but all the pieces are there. Dom will be there. Would love to see GU make a splash with two. And Cottrell is definitely a "player we like", not just a talent grab.

Tweet from Gonzaga Guru@GonzagaGuru at 8:15pm:

"Gonzaga was watching 2019 Zags commit @twonster4080, as well as 2020 recruits @LiamLl0yd & @JulianStrawther in this matchup between @LVProspects & the Griffins, coached by Gonzaga & NBA Hall of Fame point guard John Stockton"
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

3 hrs ago on Twitter - Gonzaga Guru@GonzagaGuru

"Marjon Beauchamp lists Gonzaga among 7 programs in pursuit of his 5-star talents. @Marjon32 is a 2020 6'6" wing is from Seattle & comments about 5 of those schools, including GU & Mark Few.
    https://t.co/jVVEAymMC6"

Link to Article: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....y-live-periods

Did GU make an offer? Did AZ make an offer?

His comments are very good

USC: "I think they are a good program...."

Arizona: "I think that it is a very good program..."

Michigan: "...that is a good program..."

Gonzaga: “I think they are good. Coach Mark Few is a good coach and they have a good coaching staff. They run their sets, for sure, and I think it is just really good there.”

Washington: "...I think that they are good..."

MarJon will be attending his 3rd high school in 3 years.

Freshman in 2016-17: Nathan Hale; won National Championship; won 3A state championship vs Garfield; coached by Brandon Roy
    Sophomore in 2017-18: Garfield; won 3A state championship vs Rainier Beach; coached by Brandon Roy
    Junior in 2018-19: Rainier Beach, will be coached by Mike Bethea

I assume that if he wins a state championship at Rainier Beach, he will play at another high school as a senior at the school he defeats as a junior

I've posted about Beauchamp a couple of times and love his game. But I think he's a long shot given where he has played/will play in hs. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    I've posted about Beauchamp a couple of times and love his game. But I think he's a long shot given where he has played/will play in hs. Hope I'm wrong.
    I’m sorry I missed your post Maynard G. It’s dizzying to keep track of the talent lately. Since Guru posted about it today I thought the post might be of some interest.

Why did Marjon leave his coach after two years? Is Beach going to be loaded next season or did they just have available PT? Any other players doing the Seattle Shuffle?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    I’m sorry I missed your post Maynard G. It’s dizzying to keep track of the talent lately. Since Guru posted about it today I thought the post might be of some interest.

Why did Marjon leave his coach after two years? Is Beach going to be loaded next season or did they just have available PT? Any other players doing the Seattle Shuffle?
    Beach graduated their best players (Kevin Porter-USC, Trevante Anderson-San Fran), so barring any other transfers it looks like Beauchamp and Kemp should be their stars. No one else of note (D1 recruits) on the current roster. Garfield w/ them would have been a better team with them than Beach will be, most likely.

No reported reason for the transfers that I've seen

Gonzaga Guru Retweeted

Ryan Silver

@RyanSilver1
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    2020 Lamont Butler Riverside Poly and 2021 Malik Thomas on unofficial visit with Coach Michaelson Gonzaga at Gonzaga today. #westcoastelite #wceua #uaa #team #family #ALLIN #playhungry… https://www.instagram.com/p/BmKJ582h...=1c5qqrb2a3cq2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qHfdLa44DY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ev-aBR_t2U

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Gonzaga Guru Retweeted

Ryan Silver

@RyanSilver1
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    2020 Lamont Butler Riverside Poly and 2021 Malik Thomas on unofficial visit with Coach Michaelson Gonzaga at Gonzaga today. #westcoastelite #wceua #uaa #team #family #ALLIN #playhungry… https://www.instagram.com/p/BmKJ582h...=1c5qqrb2a3cq2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qHfdLa44DY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ev-aBR_t2U

Malik Thomas looks like a big strong PG! Kid already has a lot of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Malik Thomas looks like a big strong PG! Kid already has a lot of talent.
    Kid looks grown, already. Wow. And that move right before the minute mark. Frickin' ninja, this one.