Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Says we offered.

Really like his potential, just needs to get stronger and the sky is the limit. Excellent shooting stroke and passing ability at 7'1, not to mention his awesome shot blocking ability.

Gonzaga Guru Retweeted

Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
    59m59 minutes ago
    More
    TCU and Gonzaga were in today for top-40 Junior Julian Strawther

Rumor is that Kai Soto is going to except a multi million dollar offer from one of the teams in Spain, either Madrid or Barcelona and forgo the NCAA ala Killian Hayes.

Strawther is #33 nationally with 247 now.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Rumor is that Kai Soto is going to except a multi million dollar offer from one of the teams in Spain, either Madrid or Barcelona and forgo the NCAA ala Killian Hayes.
    Not overly shocked here, money talks!

Gonzaga Guru Retweeted

Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
    59m59 minutes ago
    More
    TCU and Gonzaga were in today for top-40 Junior Julian Strawther
    We are putting a lot of time into him, hopefully it pays off!

TIS/SFBA

@SimplyFunBball
    Follow Follow @SimplyFunBball
    More
    6’5 PG 2020 Daishen Nix picks up an offer from Gonzaga! Stay humble! Keep working! #gozags #TrustTheProcess @thegrindsession @djfromveg @ZagMBB

https://247sports.com/Player/Daishen-Nix-46050728/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPI6w_F3oXw

I lived in the PI for three years and was also married to a Filipino. In the PI, basketball is KING...I can see him signing as he most probably comes from a big family. Their culture is such that the children take care of their parents, which is why they have large families. The #1 export in the PI is their workers and they all send money back to their families. If he signs then there is a strong chance he will be the highest earner in his family, so he will do the same - send his money home to assist with his family. It would have been nice to see him play here in the states, especially at GU but the family comes first in their culture...

nice assists and can break down a defense to get to the rim, not great 3pt % being highlighted yet. Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I lived in the PI for three years and was also married to a Filipino. In the PI, basketball is KING...I can see him signing as he most probably comes from a big family. Their culture is such that the children take care of their parents, which is why they have large families. The #1 export in the PI is their workers and they all send money back to their families. If he signs then there is a strong chance he will be the highest earner in his family, so he will do the same - send his money home to assist with his family. It would have been nice to see him play here in the states, especially at GU but the family comes first in their culture...
    My wife was born in the Philippines but grew up in LA. The Philippines along with Lithuania are the two most basketball crazed nations in the world but unfortunately the average height for a Filipino male is like 5'8 so when a Kai Sotto comes along he has an entire nation pulling for him. The kid is legit, hence the multimillion $ offer to play in Spain. His dad played pro ball too, so they're not dirt poor like a lot of people there I just think they felt that Europe is the better way to go over the NCAA.

My wife was born in the Philippines but grew up in LA. The Philippines along with Lithuania are the two most basketball crazed nations in the world but unfortunately the average height for a Filipino male is like 5'8 so when a Kai Sotto comes along he has an entire nation pulling for him. The kid is legit, hence the multimillion $ offer to play in Spain. His dad played pro ball too, so they're not dirt poor like a lot of people there I just think they felt that Europe is the better way to go over the NCAA.
    So am sure you are getting a steady diet of Lumpia and Pancit and Adobo...lol

Sorry for the side track...

Harris and Nix. WooooooooWeeeeeeeeee.

The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Harris and Nix. WooooooooWeeeeeeeeee.

Would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    So am sure you are getting a steady diet of Lumpia and Pancit and Adobo...lol

Sorry for the side track...
    Yes sir, she's an amazing cook. But she grew up in LA, so she also makes Persian food, Mexican food, Korean, etc. Did I mention that she's an amazing cook? lol