• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cggonzaga
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    So, why doesn’t he play on the sneaker circuit?
    Because he’s loyal to his AAU team and they don’t.

Comment

• caldwellzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
      Because he’s loyal to his AAU team and they don’t.
      Add that to the fact he has already committed to play at Gonzaga and why does he really need to play on the shoe circuit.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
        Add that to the fact he has already committed to play at Gonzaga and why does he really need to play on the shoe circuit.
        I actually like that he doesn't. Otto Porter of the Washington wizards is the only lottery pick in the last 20 years I believe that did not play AAU ball.

Comment

• thebigsmoove
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
          I actually like that he doesn't. Otto Porter of the Washington wizards is the only lottery pick in the last 20 years I believe that did not play AAU ball.
          Which is why almost everyone plays on the sneaker circuit. Its how you build your brand. Savvy AAU coaches and handlers put their guys on a pedestal in front of College coaches and NBA scouts at these camps and tournaments.

Comment

• Bogozags
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by doctorzag View Post
            Hunter Dickinson 5 star , Seven-footer . Rated 14th in the class of 2020 . Saw an interview at the NBPA top 100 camp where he said Gonzaga was recruiting him. When asked about his recruitment the first three schools he mentioned were Purdue, Michigan and Gonzaga. The interview was from today.
            I thought at the end of the interview he said the "Blue Bloods" (UNC, Duke KU and UK) as the schools he will consider first...it would have been nice for him to have mentioned GU in that sentence but...

I would be willing to bet GU will not get a visit from this young man...just to strong of a "pull" from the east coast

Comment

• CDC84
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Dickinson plays for Dematha Catholic in Maryland. They always have good teams and produce tons of D-1 players. He is currently ranked at #14 with 247. Some of Dematha's alumni:

Markelle Fultz
              Jerami Grant
              Jerian Grant
              Victor Oladipo
              Johnny Sawyer (SCU guard)
              Adrian Dantley
              Mike Brey (Notre Dame coach)
              Adrian Branch (ugh)
              Danny Ferry
              Joseph Forte

Isaac Johnson is ranked in the 50's. Only one crystal ball prediction with him at 247, and it's Gonzaga. 6-11, 210lbs.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                Dickinson plays for Dematha Catholic in Maryland. They always have good teams and produce tons of D-1 players. He is currently ranked at #14 with 247. Some of Dematha's alumni:

Markelle Fultz
                Jerami Grant
                Jerian Grant
                Victor Oladipo
                Johnny Sawyer (SCU guard)
                Adrian Dantley
                Mike Brey (Notre Dame coach)
                Adrian Branch (ugh)
                Danny Ferry
                Joseph Forte

Isaac Johnson is ranked in the 50's. Only one crystal ball prediction with him at 247, and it's Gonzaga. 6-11, 210lbs.
                quite the list, thanks. a couple others are backcourt mates Sidney Lowe and Derek Whittenburg from Jimmy V's National Championship team who played for famed high school coach Morgan Wootten at De Matha. The espn special on Jimmy V is a must see, and documents these two and their journey from De Matha to NCState nicely.

Comment

• sittingon50
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                  quite the list, thanks. a couple others are backcourt mates Sidney Lowe and Derek Whittenburg from Jimmy V's National Championship team who played for famed high school coach Morgan Wootten at De Matha. The espn special on Jimmy V is a must see, and documents these two and their journey from De Matha to NCState nicely.

Agreed, bum.
                  But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Robzagnut
                    Zag for Life
                    • Apr 2007

Soon as I saw Dematha I thought the same thing. My favorite 30-for-30 of all time. Still watch it when I see it on ESPN. Still can't believe NC State won that game, but was cheering for them throughout the whole tournament.

I broke up with a gal over that game. We had a date that night and asked her if we could reschedule, because I didn't want to miss the game. She said, "Sure." The next night I called and asked her where she would like to go out. She said she couldn't because she was washing her hair. I asked if it was in retaliation for me breaking our date, so I could watch the game and she said, "Yes." I told her okay and never spoke to her again. Great decision. The game was memorable, she wasn't.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Adrian Dantley, Jarrett Jack, and I believe two current players who made the U18 Team USA squad this summer. That program is always stacked; the list of well known DeMatha Catholic HS hoops players goes on and on. I got to work two summers as a coach for Morgan Wooten’s basketball camp in ‘96-‘97; his son Joe hooked me up thanks to the AD at the small school I was teaching at and coaching middle-school hoops team for then: St Anselm’s Abbey School in DC.

Please pardon the thread drift. Summer time ....
                      Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• gonstu
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Robzagnut View Post

I broke up with a gal over that game. We had a date that night and asked her if we could reschedule, because I didn't want to miss the game. She said, "Sure." The next night I called and asked her where she would like to go out. She said she couldn't because she was washing her hair. I asked if it was in retaliation for me breaking our date, so I could watch the game and she said, "Yes." I told her okay and never spoke to her again. Great decision. The game was memorable, she wasn't.
                        Great story. And even greater decision by you! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
                          6m6 minutes ago
                          More
                          The following teams have confirmed that they’d watch 2020 four-star Ben Carlson:

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue, Iowa State, Stanford, Northwestern, Butler, Creighton, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Indiana, Ohio State, Gonzaga, and Colorado

Comment

• cggonzaga
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/jakeweing...53587007868928

Comment

• thebigsmoove
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2007

Pretty sure Isaiah Cottrell plays with Dom Harris.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Harris helping out with recruiting

Dominick Harris

@DominickHarri2
                                Following Following @DominickHarri2
                                More Dominick Harris Retweeted Jake
                                Gonzaga �� @bigfella702

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
                                Following Following @jakeweingarten
                                More
                                2020 five-star Isaiah Cottrell will be watched by the following schools next week:

Arizona State, Gonzaga, Washington, Arizona, Kansas, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, USC, WVU, Virginia, Syracuse, UNLV, Michigan, TCU, Wake Forest, Cal, Marquette.

New team: @DreamVisionBall.

Comment

Working...
                                X