Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 224 of 224

Thread: 2020 Recruits

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    That's awesome. The way Evans' story read, it sounded like Oumar Ballo is class of 2019? "The signing of Timme only adds further to Gonzaga’s sparkling 2019 class. Next fall, he will be joined by Rivals150 members Brock Ravet and Anton Watson, along with Martynas Arlauskas. The WCC juggernaut may not be done yet, as it is the favorite for Oumar Ballo, one of the more coveted international prospects who hails from Mali."

    Is there a chance Ballo is class of 19 or is he the guy we start a 20 page thread over next year?

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    That's awesome. The way Evans' story read, it sounded like Oumar Ballo is class of 2019? "The signing of Timme only adds further to Gonzaga’s sparkling 2019 class. Next fall, he will be joined by Rivals150 members Brock Ravet and Anton Watson, along with Martynas Arlauskas. The WCC juggernaut may not be done yet, as it is the favorite for Oumar Ballo, one of the more coveted international prospects who hails from Mali."

    Is there a chance Ballo is class of 19 or is he the guy we start a 20 page thread over next year?
    I thought the same thing from that article. He would be a huge catch!! Plus we are the favorites for Pavel. I hate to say it like this, but could we be to loaded at the 4/5 next year???

  3. #203

    Default

    Ballo had 32/32 vs the DR in the tourney this summer. No, that wasn't a typo. lol

  4. #204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    That's awesome. The way Evans' story read, it sounded like Oumar Ballo is class of 2019? "The signing of Timme only adds further to Gonzaga’s sparkling 2019 class. Next fall, he will be joined by Rivals150 members Brock Ravet and Anton Watson, along with Martynas Arlauskas. The WCC juggernaut may not be done yet, as it is the favorite for Oumar Ballo, one of the more coveted international prospects who hails from Mali."

    Is there a chance Ballo is class of 19 or is he the guy we start a 20 page thread over next year?
    Hmmm...you're right, I didn't catch that. Wonder if he plans on reclassifying. If we landed him too for 2019...we would be a top 5 class.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Hmmm...you're right, I didn't catch that. Wonder if he plans on reclassifying. If we landed him too for 2019...we would be a top 5 class.
    We also are the favorites for Pavel and he is a Top 50 prospect, if we land one or both of them then we are Top 5 fighting for Top 3.

  6. #206

    Default

    That ballo kid looks like shaq. Holy moly. How old is he? When can I see him in a zags uni

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Just about time for someone to start crying "but what about time...not enough time for everyone" Hope he is 2020.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    That's awesome. The way Evans' story read, it sounded like Oumar Ballo is class of 2019? "The signing of Timme only adds further to Gonzaga’s sparkling 2019 class. Next fall, he will be joined by Rivals150 members Brock Ravet and Anton Watson, along with Martynas Arlauskas. The WCC juggernaut may not be done yet, as it is the favorite for Oumar Ballo, one of the more coveted international prospects who hails from Mali."

    Is there a chance Ballo is class of 19 or is he the guy we start a 20 page thread over next year?
    I asked Evans and he responded that 2019 is a “distinct possibility.” Looks like I posted in the wrong thread...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    I asked Evans and he responded that 2019 is a “distinct possibility.” Looks like I posted in the wrong thread...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where did you ask him at? I was going to Tweet him, but wasn't sure if he would respond.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Where did you ask him at? I was going to Tweet him, but wasn't sure if he would respond.
    I just responded to his tweet about Timme

    https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...729710080?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    I just responded to his tweet about Timme

    https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...729710080?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice good to know he responds to people. I will start Tweeting him questions too! Thanks!

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    If anyone has access to 247 VIP I see Evan Daniels is having a Q/A today, they should post a question on Ballo there and report back (without breaking any rules).

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Nice good to know he responds to people. I will start Tweeting him questions too! Thanks!
    I Tweet Margot Robbie all the the time but she never replies. I can't figure it out.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    A few 2020 names to watch Julian Strawther (has a visit schedule in Feb), Daishen Nix, Nimari Burnett, and Zach Harvey. The class of 2020 the staff is really focused on the guard position to go along with the 2019 class that is more heavy on the bigs. Although Harvey is mentioned in this post, the staff is wanting him to reclassify back to 2019, but either way they really want him (2019 or 2020).

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

  16. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    He is the number 31 recruit in the state of California alone for 2020. Surprised that we're going after somebody ranked so low, unless they are expecting him to blow up quickly.

    https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Ba...chool&State=CA

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    He is the number 31 recruit in the state of California alone for 2020. Surprised that we're going after somebody ranked so low, unless they are expecting him to blow up quickly.

    https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Ba...chool&State=CA
    Yeah it is interesting that is forsure. I thought it was interesting that he is D. Harris' old teammate to. Wonder if Dom and his dad have some insight on him that the rest of us are not seeing that they passed on to the staff.

    https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...44660057387008

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Bigger news of the day though and I had been hearing this name here and there, is below

    https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...75555951480833

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Sorry something is off on his profile, he is rated number 11 in the class of 2020 and a 5 star recruit.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Sorry something is off on his profile, he is rated number 11 in the class of 2020 and a 5 star recruit.
    11 on composite. 7 on 247, 10 on ESPN, 17 on Rivals. We are in on several really good guard prospects to pair with Harris in 2020. If we land another 1 or 2 of them and Ballo comes too that class could rival 2016 and 2019.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    11 on composite. 7 on 247, 10 on ESPN, 17 on Rivals. We are in on several really good guard prospects to pair with Harris in 2020. If we land another 1 or 2 of them and Ballo comes too that class could rival 2016 and 2019.
    I agree. I think pairing that group with 2019 would spell another few Final Four runs.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    3,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Sorry something is off on his profile, he is rated number 11 in the class of 2020 and a 5 star recruit.
    Apparently he's also a pretty big football player, and his 247 rating appears to be for football (position is dual-threat QB), where he's lower ranked/rated. Here's his ESPN basketball profile:

    http://insider.espn.com/college-spor...09/jalen-suggs
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,056

    Default

    Is Liam Lloyd a walk on candidate for Gonzaga? He would already be eligible for free tuition.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •