X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hooter73
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

nice assists and can break down a defense to get to the rim, not great 3pt % being highlighted yet. Nice find.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
      I lived in the PI for three years and was also married to a Filipino. In the PI, basketball is KING...I can see him signing as he most probably comes from a big family. Their culture is such that the children take care of their parents, which is why they have large families. The #1 export in the PI is their workers and they all send money back to their families. If he signs then there is a strong chance he will be the highest earner in his family, so he will do the same - send his money home to assist with his family. It would have been nice to see him play here in the states, especially at GU but the family comes first in their culture...
      My wife was born in the Philippines but grew up in LA. The Philippines along with Lithuania are the two most basketball crazed nations in the world but unfortunately the average height for a Filipino male is like 5'8 so when a Kai Sotto comes along he has an entire nation pulling for him. The kid is legit, hence the multimillion $ offer to play in Spain. His dad played pro ball too, so they're not dirt poor like a lot of people there I just think they felt that Europe is the better way to go over the NCAA.

Comment

• Bogozags
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
        My wife was born in the Philippines but grew up in LA. The Philippines along with Lithuania are the two most basketball crazed nations in the world but unfortunately the average height for a Filipino male is like 5'8 so when a Kai Sotto comes along he has an entire nation pulling for him. The kid is legit, hence the multimillion $ offer to play in Spain. His dad played pro ball too, so they're not dirt poor like a lot of people there I just think they felt that Europe is the better way to go over the NCAA.
        So am sure you are getting a steady diet of Lumpia and Pancit and Adobo...lol

Sorry for the side track...

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

Harris and Nix. WooooooooWeeeeeeeeee.

The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• cggonzaga
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
            Harris and Nix. WooooooooWeeeeeeeeee.

Would be nice.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
              Banned
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
              So am sure you are getting a steady diet of Lumpia and Pancit and Adobo...lol

Sorry for the side track...
              Yes sir, she's an amazing cook. But she grew up in LA, so she also makes Persian food, Mexican food, Korean, etc. Did I mention that she's an amazing cook? lol

Comment

• Zagdawg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Devin Ugland

Verified account

@Devin_Ugland
                10h10 hours ago
                More Devin Ugland Retweeted Devin Ugland
                Evan Mobley finished with 15 points, 7 rebounds and 4 blocks, Isaiah Mobley 10 points, 16 rebounds and 5 blocks, Dominick Harris 14 points. Gianni Hunt led all scorers with 22 points.

Devin Ugland

Verified account

@Devin_Ugland
                Follow Follow @Devin_Ugland
                More
                Isaiah Mobley’s inbounds pass is stolen by Vazquez who misses a double pump 3-pointer. Rancho Christian wins 55-52.

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
                  Would be nice.
                  Yes, I noted the 6'5 guard thing in there.

As much as I loved Pangos and Bell (and no one loved them more), I am starting to really like these bigger guards. It sure would be nice to go FF this year, and thus can show 2 FF in 3 years, a new level, and not have to apologize to any of these top 50 recruits at all, seems like we'd attract even more.

Especially if certain programs get sanctioned, though that's a long shot.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• GLJake
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Aug 2010

Looks like a visit per Twitter

@jakeweingarten
                    2 hours ago

Gonzaga will host 2020 five-star Zach Harvey for an official visit on October 31st-November 2nd, he tells Stockrisers.

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Poor man’s Steph Curry anyone? Really like this kid’s game.

Comment

• webspinnre
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GLJake View Post
                          Looks like a visit per Twitter

@jakeweingarten
                          2 hours ago

Gonzaga will host 2020 five-star Zach Harvey for an official visit on October 31st-November 2nd, he tells Stockrisers.
                          That's great news!
                          I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Zach Harvey and Dominic Harris would be a great backcourt duo to come in together in 2020. The next great guard tandem to come into the fold?

Santangelo & Frahm
                            Pangos & Bell
                            Perkins & Melson
                            Harris & Harvey

Harvey seems a strong lean for Kansas but Self and crew are deep in the thick of this FBI probe so that’s gotta weigh heavily on the mind of this young man and his family.
                            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• caldwellzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                              Zach Harvey and Dominic Harris would be a great backcourt duo to come in together in 2020. The next great guard tandem to come into the fold?

Santangelo & Frahm
                              Pangos & Bell
                              Perkins & Melson
                              Harris & Harvey

Harvey seems a strong lean for Kansas but Self and crew are deep in the thick of this FBI probe so that’s gotta weigh heavily on the mind of this young man and his family.
                              247 has him 80% Kansas lean, but if you look at the part that a recruit can control by what they tell 247 Gonzaga is Warm and Kansas is Cold. This would be a great backcourt, him and Harris! Add in Ravet and Foster with some experience and could be one of the better backcourts we have ever had.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2018

Plus all the Crystal Balls to Kansas were from 2016 and 2017, the only one from 2018 (Brian Snow) says he is undecided.

Comment

Working...
                                X