Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Ditch the mix tape moves

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    307

    Default Ditch the mix tape moves

    Perkins was awful.
    Plays no defense.
    Gets beat off the dribble causing others to leave their man
    and we give up an uncontested 3.

    Turnover machine. Dribble Dribble Dribble and goes nowhere.
    Shooting terrible. Missing free throws. Fouling at bad times.

    I was trying to figure which was worse
    1. The officiating
    2. Perkins game tonight.

    Sadly I have to go with Perkins.
    Ditch the And 1 mix tape moves and play the game right.

    That team was not better than us. Not even close.

    Kell chewed up Perkins all night long.

    Let J Will run the point and bench Perkins

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzZag View Post
    Perkins was awful.
    Plays no defense.
    Gets beat off the dribble causing others to leave their man
    and we give up an uncontested 3.

    Turnover machine. Dribble Dribble Dribble and goes nowhere.
    Shooting terrible. Missing free throws. Fouling at bad times.

    I was trying to figure which was worse
    1. The officiating
    2. Perkins game tonight.

    Sadly I have to go with Perkins.
    Ditch the And 1 mix tape moves and play the game right.

    That team was not better than us. Not even close.

    Kell chewed up Perkins all night long.

    Let J Will run the point and bench Perkins
    Kick rocks
    Love the zags for life

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Pure hyperbole.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AzZag View Post
    Let J Will run the point and bench Perkins
    um what? lol


    Silly thread title but he's been pretty bad ever since the 2nd half of the Texas game where he was atrocious. His jump shot bails him out sometimes but the Point Guard skills are meh. Does anyone really trust him with the ball like you did Nigel? Half as much? Clanks 2 free throws to end the game tonight. He's in his own head bad... No killer instinct and short memory (see Norvell)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    um what? lol


    Silly thread title but he's been pretty bad ever since the 2nd half of the Texas game where he was atrocious. His jump shot bails him out sometimes but the Point Guard skills are meh. Does anyone really trust him with the ball like you did Nigel? Half as much? Clanks 2 free throws to end the game tonight. He's in his own head bad... No killer instinct and short memory (see Norvell)
    Goss and Perkins turnovers are nearly identical. Ppg too. Do I think he is better then goss? No.

    But the over exaggeration on Perkins is old.
    Love the zags for life

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,388

    Default

    And he has no one to back him up. I have been harping on this all season. Melson can't run the offense, and Wade is injured and has been away from organized ball for too long. So when Perkins has a game like hell, Few can't sit him for five minutes to get his head straight. He has to stick with him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    And he has no one to back him up. I have been harping on this all season. Melson can't run the offense, and Wade is injured and has been away from organized ball for too long. So when Perkins has a game like hell, Few can't sit him for five minutes to get his head straight. He has to stick with him.
    We are going to live or die with him. He isn't as bad as ppl like to talk on here. However when he isn't having a good game, we can't survive without him.
    Love the zags for life

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Goss and Perkins turnovers are nearly identical. Ppg too. Do I think he is better then goss? No.

    But the over exaggeration on Perkins is old.
    Come on man. He was horrible tonight. He was horrible in the Texas game and made a play that JV high school point guards know not to make at the end of a game to give Texas the shot to tie. He doesn't deserve personal attacks but people can make the observation that his play is not what you would call "heady" from a PG at all and his bad play seems to snowball.

    Free Jesse Wade for 10-15 mins a game and you can even let Perkins play the off guard he seemed more comfortable at IMO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,388

    Default

    Keep in mind his stats before this game. 2 for 1 A/T ratio. High shooting percentages from three and from the field. But I worry about him come late February. He's going to end up playing a ton of minutes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    Come on man. He was horrible tonight. He was horrible in the Texas game and made a play that JV high school point guards know not to make at the end of a game to give Texas the shot to tie. He doesn't deserve personal attacks but people can make the observation that his play is not what you would call "heady" from a PG at all and his bad play seems to snowball.

    Free Jesse Wade for 10-15 mins a game and you can even let Perkins play the off guard he seemed more comfortable at IMO.

    http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cbk/....asp?id=122297

    I see about 4-5 more losses and a sw16 exit if goss had this team instead of last yrs team. Some bad games. However he had the squad to back it up. Perkins doesn't.
    Love the zags for life

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Keep in mind his stats before this game. 2 for 1 A/T ratio. High shooting percentages from three and from the field. But I worry about him come late February. He's going to end up playing a ton of minutes.

    http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cbk/....asp?id=122297
    Love the zags for life

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Lose to wvu in sw16 if he Perkins.
    10pts. 2-10 shooting. 5 turnovers and 2 assists.

    4pts. 2-9 shooting vs Portland. 3 ass and 1 to.

    9pts. 4-13 shooting vs SDSU

    15pts. 5-17 shooting vs NC

    9pts. 3-12 shooting vs SDSU on 2nd game of yr. 3 assists and 4 turnovers.

    15pts. 3-11 shooting vs Portland at home.

    20pts. 6-19 shooting vs NW.

    11.7ppg on 27.4% shooting.

    Team record 6-1. If you think we go 6-1 with Perkins doing that? Your high. Probably 2-5.
    Love the zags for life

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,388

    Default

    I don't think some folks are aware that Jesse still isn't well physically. That is part of the reason he isn't getting much run. That and the fact that he has not played much organized ball since the Civil War.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Rough stretch for zags and Josh. I can't remember fast forwarding as many games as I have in a row. Painful to watch. I think some of the frustration re Josh vs Nigel, despite some stats similar, is that it feels like Josh's errors are unforced, while Nigel's came from forcing things. Josh is good for 1 to 2 turnovers per game thst involve loose handles, needless no look passes to nowhere, silly post entry passes, etc. Nigel made some of these too, but not as many. This team is in desperate need of a point guard for back up minutes. I am worried for next year. Ayayi, wade, and the kid whose other offer was smc, and Josh as a 5th year sr. Not sure how that will go. Josh, as always, needs to make the simple plays. I'd be happy if he'd just stop dribbling off himself and looking away for EVERY pass. Seems like a nice kid, hard to watch.

  15. #15

    Default

    I think as a whole that was one of the worst games i have ever seen since i started following in 1998. Absolutely pathetic effort against a really really bad team.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I think as a whole that was one of the worst games i have ever seen since i started following in 1998. Absolutely pathetic effort against a really really bad team.
    U must drink through games. .

    SDSU is 8-3. We lost to some eh teams over the years.
    Love the zags for life

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    U must drink through games. .

    SDSU is 8-3. We lost to some eh teams over the years.
    You dont know hoops if you think that is a good team we just lost to. Their best win was Georgia with losses to Washington State, CAL, and blown out of the water by ASU.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    You dont know hoops if you think that is a good team we just lost to. Their best win was Georgia with losses to Washington State, CAL, and blown out of the water by ASU.
    Lol
    Love the zags for life

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    You dont know hoops if you think that is a good team we just lost to. Their best win was Georgia with losses to Washington State, CAL, and blown out of the water by ASU.
    Opinions and facts. Your in the opinion group.

    Gonzaga 2002-03 team lost to 11-20 Loyola. So you must be drunk through hoops. Lmao
    Love the zags for life

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    4,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    You dont know hoops if you think that is a good team we just lost to. Their best win was Georgia with losses to Washington State, CAL, and blown out of the water by ASU.
    I don't know how good they'll end up being, but their RPI rank is 52nd in college basketball... The Zags have lost to far worse teams, at home let alone the road, with their guards playing horrible. Far worse than Melson and Perkins to be fair. This edition of the Zags will be a learning process, but it's going to be another special season I know that.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I think as a whole that was one of the worst games i have ever seen since i started following in 1998. Absolutely pathetic effort against a really really bad team.
    Like I said 2002-03 team lost to 11-20 Loyola.
    05 team lost to 17-14 SF.

    Multiple double digit loss wcc teams through the years.


    I'm not gonna go through every yr but we lose to way worse teams then SDSU.
    Love the zags for life

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    And he has no one to back him up. I have been harping on this all season. Melson can't run the offense, and Wade is injured and has been away from organized ball for too long. So when Perkins has a game like hell, Few can't sit him for five minutes to get his head straight. He has to stick with him.
    This! It’s why this team doesn’t really have much depth. If a second guy could come in and run the offense so that Perkins could get some mental breaks, then I could see this team as potentially making the Elite 8 with an outside shot at the final four. There’s some talent on the team, but it’s talent that isn’t ready to put in work on an every night basis. Norvell is a guy I wish could become a second distributor, but he’s got a one track mind at this point. This team isn’t that cohesive when Perkins is off. I expect at least a couple losses when it comes to league play. Kispert looked like the guy early, especially with Dickau talking about his ability to play some point. I’m almost more excited about next season as this one has developed...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Perkins has actually had been pretty consistent offensively this season thus far. Only last night and Creighton game had him scoring a low 5 points in each.

    However, over the course of their Gonzaga careers, Perkins and Melson have both been mostly inconsistent on the offensive end every year. They are not the type of guards who are going to take over games at will or put teams on their backs very often. That is why having a player like Goss last year was so special. Goss could turn it on when needed and take over games. With Perk and Melson, you don't have that same confidence.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pilot Point, Texas
    Posts
    920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Goss and Perkins turnovers are nearly identical. Ppg too. Do I think he is better then goss? No.

    But the over exaggeration on Perkins is old.
    I am not certain it is an over exaggeration. I think that While Perkins may have comparable statistics, what we are seeing is skewed by the fact that he is incredibly inconsistent. One game brilliant another game dismal. I have always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but these meltdowns like he had last night are making that increasingly difficult. At this stage I am just tired of watching him when he has games like this. He is very predictable and those teams that prepare for him put all of his weaknesses on display.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    74

    Default

    CDC [/QUOTE]Keep in mind his stats before this game. 2 for 1 A/T ratio. High shooting percentages from three and from the field. But I worry about him come late February. He's going to end up playing a ton of minutes.[/QUOTE]

    Kenpom shows Perkins as 24.8/23.9 assist/turnover per 100 possessions. basically 1 for 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •