Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game thread: SDSU

Default Post game thread: SDSU

Ugly. I'd swear but I can't on here. Zags lose 72-70

Perkins and melson were terrible. Melson worse then Perkins IMO. Zn was good. Rui and jw3 were really good. Tillie is foul prone and disappears a lot in games. Kispert is gone with time.

This was a horrible loss. It shows when Perkins struggles, this team can't overcome it. Some will say its cuz he isn't good but it shows how important he is to this team. Zn will average 25+ a game in a season before he leaves.

You can't win when your guards turn the ball over and can't buy a bucket. Let the bashing begin! I know some are revving up.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=400986886

Sigh. Have a good Xmas.
    Love the zags for life

We need to stop thinking this is last years team. Enjoy it for what it is. This team could go to E8 or rd of 32.
    Love the zags for life

I don't be get the coaching decisions. It seemed like our best lineup was at the end of the first half, with 2 bigs and rui at the 3. Why the heck didn't we go to that again? How is having perkins and melson out there a better option?!

Pathetic game for the Zags. Little emotion, no fire, uninspired, silly fouls, silly passes, etc. The list goes on and on. Congrats to SDSU. The Zags better get ready for some soul searching.

More Wade. Need to give him minutes to develop --need another option.

We need a new starting lineup. Either Rui or Kispert at the 3. ZN, Perk, Tillie and jw3.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Pathetic game for the Zags. Little emotion, no fire, uninspired, silly fouls, silly passes, etc. The list goes on and on. Congrats to SDSU. The Zags better get ready for some soul searching.
    Gonzaga got out gonzaga-ed. Embarrassing.

This is the kind of team that needs these types of losses. You don’t show up, you’ll get beat. They’re young and need to learn from this. May be it’s our backcourt that needs benched next game.

I know this is nothing like last year, but I don’t get this team and I’m starting to think Few doesn’t either. I’m not seeing them get better, or motivated.

Few was bad, guards were bad, team didn't listen, bad fouls, bad passing, bad turnovers....

Other than that it was a great night
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    I know this is nothing like last year, but I don’t get this team and I’m starting to think Few doesn’t either. I’m not seeing them get better, or motivated.
    You aren't the only one that thinks this. We better figure it out quick or the streak WILL END

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

We will goes as far as josh takes us...the streak ends this year

There are some positions where you can get away with little offensive potential. Shooting guard is not one of them. This must be solved.

JWIII misses 2 ft's in the 1st half, Perk misses both in the 2nd half and Melson went 1-2. If we made those, we win, despite how wretched we played.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Few was bad, guards were bad, team didn't listen, bad fouls, bad passing, bad turnovers....

Other than that it was a great night
    Forgot the refs, they gave SDSU 10 points and took 6 away from the Zags. Everybody sucked.
    It's not funny.

MELSON -9
    WILLIAMS 0
    PERKINS -7
    NORVELL +6
    TILLIE -9
    WADE +3
    LARSEN +1
    HACHIMURA +5
    JONES -1
    KISPERT 1
    Japanese fan

Quote Originally Posted by Just_An_Old_Zag View Post
    We will goes as far as josh takes us...the streak ends this year
    Haha here we go. Way to overreact. Never fails after a loss.

Larsen played 0 minutes in the 2nd half. Few did not coach his A game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Forgot the refs, they gave SDSU 10 points and took 6 away from the Zags. Everybody sucked.
    Refs were fine IMO. We shot ourselves.

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Refs were terrible all night. Blocks instead of charges on Tillie and Norvell were ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Skimhvn View Post
    MELSON -9
    WILLIAMS 0
    PERKINS -7
    NORVELL +6
    TILLIE -9
    WADE +3
    LARSEN +1
    HACHIMURA +5
    JONES -1
    24 KISPERT 1
    That's alarming. Rui doing work tho

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Wait, the streak is ending already in December? WCC may very well be a 1 bid league this year, so Zags just need to make sure they get that bid. If it truly comes to that, nothing really matters until the conference tourney in Vegas.

This is a game to forget for the fans and a game to store away forever if you are a Gonzaga player. This is the kind of game that will spell doom in March. They need to figure out how to win these ugly games. The home crowd was good for the Aztecs and seemingly every 50/50 loose ball or 50/50 foul call went against GU tonight. The only way to counteract that is by valuing each possession and taking care of the ball. This is the type of game when the guys have to realize early what's going on and play much, much smarter. This was a game about mindset and mental toughness; unfortunately, several people that the team relies on were awol for most of the game.

All right, get it out of your system. Vent all you want. Not much to be pleased with, though Rui, Zach, and Jacob continue to grow.

Silly turnovers cost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skimhvn View Post
    MELSON -9
    WILLIAMS 0
    PERKINS -7
    NORVELL +6
    TILLIE -9
    WADE +3
    LARSEN +1
    HACHIMURA +5
    JONES -1
    24 KISPERT 1
    Surprised by the Tillie number. Otherwise, aligned with what I saw.