Thread: Santa Claus

Default Santa Claus

What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

That's better than those "Downfall" memes that were making the rounds after the Patriots - Seahawks Super Bowl.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Five golden rings
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Seriously nothing makes me jump more than an unexpected noise when I'm wrapping the kids presents from Santa in "the Santa wrapping paper" which in itself is secured like Fort Knox. I smuggled stuffed animals in my sweatshirt the other night for fear that someone would come out of bed wanting a drink of water.

My child is now 10. She is smart enough to "know" that there's not a chance in hell one guy from the North Pole can come into everyone's house, everywhere, and that "Mall Santas" aren't the real ones.

Yet she still believes, kind of.

She asked.

I said; "Santa believes in kids. So long as kids believe in Santa, Santa believes in kids and is real. When kids stop believing in Santa, he no longer is real to them."

Kind of "Clintonian" in my "it depends upon the meaning of "is," type legal wrangling. But, I also think there's just enough "heart" in it to feel right. And, as I said, she still believes, maybe bc she so hopes he's real.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Not sure if it was last year or the year before our kid kept asking questions so we decided to tell her Santa isn't real. We kind of still force her into playing along. But only because her cousins haven't figured it out yet.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

I believe.

Grant asked A LOT of questions this year (are you sure Santa is real? Do parents just eat the cookies?, how does Santa get to all the houses in one night?) I don't know if it's because he's smart or there's some kid at school who I'm going to need to intimidate next December, I mean, he's 6, I thought we had at least 2 more years without the questions.

Sadly, my two older boys (12 and 10) don't believe in Santa anymore. My youngest(8) still does and the older boys are honoring that.

When I was a kid, I wanted to believe and was a late convert. My younger sister by 2 1/2 years gave up on Santa before I did.