Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Grad Transfer? ;)

Default Potential Grad Transfer? ;)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...on-make-future

Looks like he has a decision to make. He looked pretty good against us in the tournament. Seems like a good kid, heck of a player. I don't think he'd come here, but it would be an interesting get.

Assuming the jackrabbits win their conference tournament, I could see them as a dangerous 12 or 13 seed.

As for your transfer dream, I hope he stays right where he’s at.

Not a good fit, IMO. Too much of a throwback.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    He seemed pretty adamant about staying there.

Jazz, with Filip & Brandon Clarke playing next year, where would he fit?

Do you mean a "throwback" to a PK post player...

I think he could start with us as I believe that Tillie will make the jump this year so his big body and old school play would fit in nicely...imo
    Last edited by Bogozags; 12-14-2017 at 12:00 PM.

IF Tillie returns, we'd have Larsen, Filip, & Clarke (occasionally Rui) up front.

Not enough room or mins to go around for Daum.

I do love his game though.

speaking of IF those Rui and Tillie return, we are going to be REALLY good next season.

Add another guard to the mix (Ayayi?), and that frontcourt, along with Kispert, Norvell, Rui development, another F4 contender in the making.

This year is a Sweet 16 squad at best, imho, but ya never know with the right match-ups.

Amen to that my friend. When we'll have Larsen, Tillie (hoping he stays and gets better this year with his fouling and PPG output), Clarke, Rui ( he's going nowhere till he rectifies certain things)and Filip.we'll be more than fine. Parenthetically I love throwbacks. We should be quite shocking in the front court.

To be sure, we have a different type of basketball this year i.e.high flyers to be sure with first option an alley oop or an emphatic dunk. Me? I'd rather see a fine lay up due to pinpoint passing and some good strong defense....but that's just me. I hope we'll have both as the season wears on.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post

To be sure, we have a different type of basketball this year i.e.high flyers to be sure with first option an alley oop or an emphatic dunk. Me? I'd rather see a fine lay up due to pinpoint passing and some good strong defense....but that's just me. I hope we'll have both as the season wears on.
    Its the only reason I see us hitting a wall in 2nd Rd or S16, as our defense has been porous in critical moments, especially end of games.

For instance, this year's team wouldn't be able to sustain the blows, fouls, banging, and defensive dog fight we had vs West Virginia last season in S16.

Teams are desperate, Refs are tight, and shots are off more than not, thus defense wins the game. We funneled dribble drive guards to our bigs last year, b/c we knew Karno or Collins (or J3 on weakside help), could clean it up. We also defended in crunch time better with a fresh Silas and Collins off the bench, both really good defensive players.

Our bench, save Jeremy Jones, probably hurts our defensive scheme more than helps, whether its Kispert, Norvell, Rui, et al.

Not that we're not equally talented, I believe we are, its just Tourney time is about defense. and toughness. and fresh legs as well.

Its the difference b/w this year and next, or last year and this year.

While our overall Def % is good, its the last 5 or 6 mins of games, or when a team goes at us, or tough on boards, which worries me and precisely what we'll see after Rd 1 in NCAA's.

We have seen the Zags give up leads this year and not do as well as they could be doing -- but we have also seen the Zags perform well defensively for streaks. I think of the Texas game where we gave up the lead-- but turned on the D in the overtime period forcing 3 turnovers and 4 missed shots -- Texas scored on a dunk and 2 FTs - total of 4 points in the entire overtime period.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    IF Tillie returns, we'd have Larsen, Filip, & Clarke (occasionally Rui) up front.

speaking of IF those Rui and Tillie return, we are going to be REALLY good next season.

Add another guard to the mix (Ayayi?), and that frontcourt, along with Kispert, Norvell, Rui development, another F4 contender in the making.

This year is a Sweet 16 squad at best, imho, but ya never know with the right match-ups.
    Absolutely no doubt in my mind, if all eligible to return do so next year along with the newcomers, this will be a one seed/final four threat. An elite guard to accompany Perkins would seal the deal for sure (maybe that elite guard is waiting to emerge from the current roster or maybe he comes in the form of a grad transfer, who knows).

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Tillie (hoping he stays and gets better this year with his fouling and PPG output) . . .
    How is it that you evaluate players? Advanced statistics actually favor Tillie's current ten game sample over what Wiltjer and Sabonis put out per 100 possessions. And let's be real, there are going to plenty of opportunities to boost those numbers as we head into WCC play.

Just curious after the continuous criticism of Perkins' play.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoZag View Post
    How is it that you evaluate players? Advanced statistics actually favor Tillie's current ten game sample over what Wiltjer and Sabonis put out per 100 possessions. And let's be real, there are going to plenty of opportunities to boost those numbers as we head into WCC play.

Just curious after the continuous criticism of Perkins' play.
    I'm a big fan of Mark Twain, who said "there are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."

I read that article this morning and I thought it was really disrespectful to South Dakota State.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post

Agreed not enough minutes to go around but if Daum wanted to come he would certainly battle (and probably win) for a starting spot alongside Tillie. He’d certainly play over Larsen and Filip. The kid is an AA for a reason.

Isn't every Grad with a year of eligibility a potential grad transfer?

He has stated that he doesn't want to transfer, so how potential is he>
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Agreed not enough minutes to go around but if Daum wanted to come he would certainly battle (and probably win) for a starting spot alongside Tillie. He’d certainly play over Larsen and Filip. The kid is an AA for a reason.
    Sure it’s all speculation and I hope he stays and plays there BUT he would an incredible add to a team that will be in the serious fight for an NC...that might be reason enough for him to look at GU “IF” he were to transfer...

Sounds like Greggg at WSU is already buttering him up.....

Sounds like Greggg at WSU is already buttering him up.....
    Choice between staying or going to Wazzu...i’m Staying put

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Choice between staying or going to Wazzu...i’m Staying put
    No, Wichita State Greggg.....offered high praise of Daum after their game.....

No, Wichita State Greggg.....offered high praise of Daum after their game.....
    Ah, yes now that would be a good move but would rather have him come here as we play for the NC next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Ah, yes now that would be a good move but would rather have him come here as we play for the NC next year...
    Again, this is extremely insensitive and offensive towards South Dakota State. He has shown no inclination whatsoever that he is going to transfer. You guys sound like a bunch of vultures.

There is a very well-informed poster with an NSA bug in Few's mind and earlier this year he said to expect a BCS "blue book" elite transfer mid-season (obviously not eligible this season). if that's still the case, and the poster is rarely here much these days, then there's probably not room for a kid like this.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Again, this is extremely insensitive and offensive towards South Dakota State. He has shown no inclination whatsoever that he is going to transfer. You guys sound like a bunch of vultures.
    Joining the roster next year are Brandon Clarke and Filip Petrusev. Power forward is not a need.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Read post #16 of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    There is a very well-informed poster with an NSA bug in Few's mind and earlier this year he said to expect a BCS "blue book" elite transfer mid-season (obviously not eligible this season). if that's still the case, and the poster is rarely here much these days, then there's probably not room for a kid like this.
    My guess is that BobZag is the poster you’re referring to but I’ve no idea who the transfer may be. If true, I guess we will learn who it is within the next Few weeks as 1st semester wraps up this week for every D1 school, if it hasn’t already.
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”