Thread: Stanford Men's Soccer

Default Stanford Men's Soccer

I will preface this by saying that I am not a soccer fan AT ALL (because I'm old).

Was watching Sport's Center last night hoping for some Zag's highlights. The Stanford men were playing for their 3rd straight title (VS Indiana?). They wind up knocking in a rebound in OT to win the National Championship. The guy that scored turns around & starts running back to midfield & rips off his jersey only to reveal a sport's bra.

One of the funniest damn things I've ever seen!!
    "I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

I saw that, but I thought I saw 2 players wearing that. That was unexpected. Could it possibly be to prevent some chaffing? I've heard of marathon runners putting tape over their nipples, maybe it's the same idea.

Stanford women also won a National Championship. First time the same school has won men's and women's soccer titles in the same year. Next weekend Stanford women's volleyball could possibly add a third Championship for the school in just over a 2 week period. That would have to be unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I saw that, but I thought I saw 2 players wearing that. That was unexpected. Could it possibly be to prevent some chaffing? I've heard of marathon runners putting tape over their nipples, maybe it's the same idea.
    My thought was they were "pulling a Brandi Chastain".

That's why I thought it was so funny (& well planned). Yea, there were a couple of other guy's. I assume they are all scorer's, so they were all prepared if they happened to score the winning goal.

Or, I could be totally wrong!!

They look an awful lot like sports bras. But they're not. Instead, they're tracking devices that can measure all sorts of things. Some of them are basic, such as a player's heart rate. But they can also track more in-depth things, such as training regimens. The "bra", or vest, is really not important by itself. It's just the best way to hold the device to the player's body.

I suppose you could call them a "telemetry harness". Within the GUB there are probably exercise physiologists, therapists, or even an MD who can explain it better than the USAToday article cited above . . .

The USF men's basketball team experimented with simpler heart rate monitors in 2011 during the Rex Walters era. . .

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...eart-monitors/

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Thanks for that Reno

(but I like my explanation better!)

Damn; almost made it the entire year without screwing up! Wonder if that is gonna' cost me any presents?