Thread: Christmas Shopping

Default Christmas Shopping

We just finished all of our Christmas shopping. How is everyone else doing on Christmas shopping? Also how much shopping did you do on Amazon? If I had to put a number on it I would say 75% of it was purchased on Amazon.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

We're not doing too bad. I still need to shop for my Mom and a little more for my Dad, I don't know what my husband plans for his parents but the kids are done, my Grandpap's gift is done (he's usually impossible to shop for). We wrapped all the presents we bought so far which is a huge weight off our shoulders and something we're usually doing Christmas Eve.
    Amazon:25%
    Costco 40%
    Other stores:25%
    Handmade shops:10% a local lady painted this really cute Harry Potter peg doll for my son, to go with the movie and some chocolate frogs I made.
    I plan to make the boys some new lounge pants too.

Looking at the layout of the calendar, it's looking like late Saturday Night the 23rd is going to work out well for we to start & finish my shopping this year.
    "but I did not shoot the deputy...."

We're about 90% done. I would say we did 40% on Amazon, the rest a mix of in-store (Target, Macy's, Kohl's etc) and their online counterparts.

A Shameless plug here!

If you are looking for unique, handmade jewelry, including some Zag gear, I expect to be open the 23rd until at least 5, and probably later, and can be open on the 24th for those that prefer last minute shopping. Let me know you're coming, and I'll be there.

Will Bockemuehl
    Bockemuehl Jewelers 220 E Wellesley, ste 106
    Spokane, WA 99207
    509-489-6073
    willtheengraver@gmail.com

My wife reminded me

25% off everything in inventory! Our annual anniversary sale.
    Last edited by willandi; 12-07-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    A Shameless plug here!

If you are looking for unique, handmade jewelry, including some Zag gear, I expect to be open the 23rd until at least 5, and probably later, and can be open on the 24th for those that prefer last minute shopping. Let me know you're coming, and I'll be there.

Will Bockemuehl
    Bockemuehl Jewelers 220 E Wellesley, ste 106
    Spokane, WA 99207
    509-489-6073
    willtheengraver@gmail.com

My wife reminded me

25% off everything in inventory! Our annual anniversary sale.
    I wanted to let everyone local, especially those that procrastinate, that I will be open Sat until 5 (later by arrangement) and Sunday (Christmas Eve) from 10-3(ish).

I still have 8 pairs of handmade Zags earrings in Sterling Silver, and 1 pair left in 14K yellow gold.
    @ hand made Sterling Zags necklaces and 1 in 14K yellow and 2 hand engraved Zags belt buckles for military web style belt (comes with the aforementioned belt).

I also have a pair of Eagles earrings, 2 pairs of WSU, 3 of UW and 2 pair of Whitworth, all hand made in Sterling Silver.

Everything in the store is 25% off the marked price. It's our annual anniversary sale.

For those out of the area, I can mail, but it won't be there by the 25th. Message me and I will send pics, if interested.

Hope to see you, Will
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Went with gift cards from amazon for the family members who will be here on the 25th. Otherwise, I send wreaths to my out-of-town gift recipients, via a Cub Scout fund raising project.

Need to get to some specific stores today or tomorrow for my daughter's stocking. Used to give her cash. Learned my lesson. Gift cards to places she frequents ( Safeway, Starbucks, Ulta ) seems to do better than the green stuff

Another gift recipient received a Southwest gift card. . .

Ho ho ho indeed.

Am on vacation until the morning of January 3rd. Happy Christmas to all and safe travels over the rivers and through the woods. . .such a different vibe for me this year. Peace.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

I'm done, if I haven't bought it by now, I'm not buying it. I am now readying the house as a plan B for Christmas day.

My aunt sucks. She has not graced us with her presence since last Christmas. On Easter she sent her some and husband to my parents house because she wanted a day off. In the nearly 20 years my parents have hosted, she has never lifted a finger to help prepare or clean up after dinner, so what the break was from, IDK. She couldn't be bothered to go to the funeral of her best friend's daughter in the Fall even though we tried to contact her as did one of her old classmates. My mom told her after Thanksgiving that if they were planning to come for Christmas to say something soon. She waited until this morning and asked what her husband should bring (so I take that to mean, she's probably not going to come again). I told my Mom I can have my grandfather and parents over here like we did for Thanksgiving, frankly I'd like a do over since I didn't feel good that day. I'm just done with how absolutely self centered she is, she doesn't work, her housekeeping is awful considering the boys are in school all day, and before she defriended me on Facebook (thank God!) all she ever did was follow stupid celebrity news. I'm sorry, spending a holiday cooking for and cleaning up after people who don't bother to stay in touch isn't how I want to spend the day, and I don't want my boys seeing kids almost 20 years older than them being lazy lumps. And on top of it all, my boys are coming down with a cold or virus, I'd rather they be home to rest if they want, but if we don't go, then my Mom just ends up cooking and cleaning up after everyone which is really unfair and she doesn't need that stress.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Looking at the layout of the calendar, it's looking like late Saturday Night the 23rd is going to work out well for we to start & finish my shopping this year.
    Actually gonna' go for it tonight. Wish me luck!!
    "but I did not shoot the deputy...."

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Actually gonna' go for it tonight. Wish me luck!!
    Good luck. I think I'm going to go to Target tonight, I'm scared. I don't even go there regularly because it's crazy. I want to look at vacuums, I would wait until after the holiday but it's on sale.
    I think with all the remodeling my parents have done a vacuum that's not older than me would be a nice just because present for my mom.

On to Valentine’s Day bump.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-