Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other games

Boy, if you look at what UW has done so far, there is no way you could've predicted tonight's game result. College basketball is something else. I mean, UW was having trouble beating low majors. Kansas has basically been thrashing everyone.

Florida has all the makings of the traditional Gonzaga non-league quality loss or quality win. The opponent gets "figured out" and then just falls apart after playing GU. Argh........See SDSU last season. They were a preseason top 25 team

BYU 7-2 and playing defense .....

And winning on the road. Beating Utah St. and Utah Valley on the road is nothing to sneeze at.

Illinois St. 68
    BYU 80

San Diego 65
    New Mexico St. 60 (Big win on the road for the Toreros)

CS Fullerton 76
    Portland 66

Portland St. 94
    LMU 85

Pacific 67
    UC Davis 71

SIU Edwardsville 82
    IUPUI 81

UC Irvine 59
    Utah St. 62
    It's like talking to a fence post.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Boy, if you look at what UW has done so far, there is no way you could've predicted tonight's game result. College basketball is something else. I mean, UW was having trouble beating low majors. Kansas has basically been thrashing everyone.
    KenPom had KU favored by 22.
    It's like talking to a fence post.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    If you could've...would've bet the house on Washington +21.5

We know the UW has talent. We recruited some of their kids. Looked to me like their new coach has changed everything. Defense and offense. At their place, expect a contested game.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    We know the UW has talent. We recruited some of their kids. Looked to me like their new coach has changed everything. Defense and offense. At their place, expect a contested game.
    Dawgs w an opportunity to get that program exorcised of Romar in a hurry if they follow up this Kansas win with a win vs Zags. They’d likely make their debut in the polls at #15 or so and gain lots of recruiting momentum in one week. Hopkins sounded very cool, down to earth and much more likable than Boeheim during his SportsCenter interview.
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”