• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 75Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

GU by 3.

Is there any sort of Alumni event prior to the Husky game? I checked the Alumni Association web site and could not find anything.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• hoopaddict
      Bulldog Fan
      • Mar 2008

I can’t see the game in the high 80’s or 90’s so let’s go 81-75. Winner will be the team that keeps there top two players out of foul trouble. Oh, and of course the team that keeps their turnovers under a dozen.

Comment

• vandalzag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

This board is the HQ for overreaction. Based on most posts this team needs to book a place in the CBI. One game for either team does not make a season. UW is still the same team that was boat raced by VTech, and struggled with the likes of Eastern and Seattle U. Granted this is not the Romar let it roll version of the Huskies, but they did not beat Kansas as much as Kansas crapped the bed. Zags are not in a funk, they played a terrible first half against Nova.

Zags 79 Mutss 65

Comment

• CanadZag
          Bulldog Fan
          • Oct 2007

Don't see how the boys aren't up for this game in a big way.

Zags 82
          Huskies 71

Comment

• hegotit!
            Kennel Club Material
            • Feb 2007

GU 86
            UW 68

Comment

• gu03alum
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Anyone know the line for this game? I can't seem to find it.
              Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Baseline
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2011

Gu 84
                UW 79

I watched the KU/UW game and was impressed by their point guard. Fast and drives very well.
                "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• 23dpg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Zags 76
                  UW 61
                  Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Mantua
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Perimeter defense remains a concern.
                    Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• raise the zag
                      Zag for Life
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
                      Perimeter defense remains a concern.
                      agreed. an under-mentioned issue this season.

In EVERY single game we give up the easy dribble-drive. Fortunate Tillie, Larsen, and sometimes J3 have bailed us out.

any team with a decent guard has burnt us in the paint, often leading to foul trouble for our bigs. Its kind of cause and effect.

Its also the reason we've zone so frequently this season, the coaches recognize the shortcomings.

I think Zags will be ready for this one. I predicted a 9 pt loss to Nova. Zags win this one by 6.

Our guys intensity will show up, makes a huge difference.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post

In EVERY single game we give up the easy dribble-drive. Fortunate Tillie, Larsen, and sometimes J3 have bailed us out.

any team with a decent guard has burnt us in the paint, often leading to foul trouble for our bigs. Its kind of cause and effect.

Its also the reason we've zone so frequently this season, the coaches recognize the shortcomings.

I think Zags will be ready for this one. I predicted a 9 pt loss to Nova. Zags win this one by 6.

Our guys intensity will show up, makes a huge difference.
                        The dribble defense philosophy had to take a major philosophy change from last year where gambling and mistakes were covered up by karnowski and we funneled players to him

Can't do that this year and we are adjusting
                        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• DZ
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post

Our guys intensity will show up, makes a huge difference
                          The single most disappointing thing about the Nova game was the lack of urgency or intensity from the very beginning. Didn't seem to want to play. I hope to see the huge difference it makes.
                          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

• raise the zag
                            Zag for Life
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                            The single most disappointing thing about the Nova game was the lack of urgency or intensity from the very beginning. Didn't seem to want to play. I hope to see the huge difference it makes.
                            I'm not certain the guys thought they could win, or were simply intimidated by the venue, city, etc?

they just weren't ready to play. Not just one guy, either. Happens to every team.

I saw Melson hustling, Norvell after the early TO's, and of course Larsen. The rest weren't really playing hard at all. They made a play here and there, but even their expressions, body language, etc was off.

Maybe too used to the coziness of the Kennel, which Portland was very pro-Gonzaga, close to home, etc.

Something was off.

Again, yes Nova is an awesome team, but not THAT awesome. We were off our game and we were exposed as a result.

Playing team ball, how we played in scrimmage, exhibition, first few games is where and how these team needs to play. Share the ball, quick passes, all average 9 or 10 ppg.

If they get back to basics, value every possession, play with intensity (as we've seen), they can play with ANYONE, including Nova.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                              The dribble defense philosophy had to take a major philosophy change from last year where gambling and mistakes were covered up by karnowski and we funneled players to him

Can't do that this year and we are adjusting
                              was it really gambling and mistakes? those could also be covered, yes, but the D philosophy and execution seemed more like tactical acumen done by design knowing there was rim protection

Comment

• Zagceo
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                                was it really gambling and mistakes? those could also be covered, yes, but the D philosophy and execution seemed more like tactical acumen done by design knowing there was rim protection

could gambling and mistakes allow Zags to have a top rated defense at the end of last year? doubtful

Comment

Working...
                                X