Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GU vs UW - Predictions/What you hope to see

With Romar gone it will become more difficult to beat UW every year.

They should still win this year and next.

GU 87
    UW 74

Was it hard beating Nance/Russo/Bender coached teams? I know people love to hate him but Romar was by far the most successful coach UW has ever had. It went south on him the last 5 years or so, it was definitely time for a change, but he did a lot for the Huskies.

Huskies take down Kansas in Kansas City - Zags better get their heads screwed back on

Have Zags ever defeated Syracuse?

Was feeling a little more confident before watching the Kansas game this evening... I hope Few and the boys get back on track, focus, play good D, dominate the boards and it will be nice to have Kispert back for a little more firepower.

GU 82
    UW 70

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Have Zags ever defeated Syracuse?
    I can only think of two meetings in Tourney games. GU might not have ever beaten Syracuse but I don't think they've had very many opportunities.

It is hilarious to read this thread knowing that the UW just beat the #2 team in the Country in Kansas City...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    It is hilarious to read this thread knowing that the UW just beat the #2 team in the Country in Kansas City...
    not as big a win for Huskies as I thought...being a neutral site game and all :-d

That is even more hilarious...

Washington 82
    Gonzaga 76

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

If you look at how UW performed prior to the win tonight vs. Kansas tonight, the result is truly shocking. The wacky world of college basketball. As a Zag fan I would like to hope for an emotional let down after such a monster win.

86-72 Zags.

Kansas game a fluke.

Defense , defense , defense.
    Rebounding like crazy.
    TO's must be reduced. UW has a very grabby defense.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 12-07-2017 at 09:38 AM.

After watching that UW-Kansas game... Zags playing on Huskies home floor....

UW 80
    Zags 72

Really hope I am wrong and that Kansas game was UW playing above their ability.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

UW averaging 9 steals per game.....

Shameless pasting of my comment from other games thread:

Dawgs w an opportunity to get that program exorcised of Romar in a hurry if they follow up this Kansas win with a win vs Zags. They’d likely make their debut in the polls at #15 or so and gain lots of recruiting momentum in one week. Hopkins sounded very cool, down to earth and much more likable than Boeheim during his SportsCenter interview.
    When schedule came out this was a notable game with an old “rival” but it’s now much bigger than that. Zags need this away game victory to get their mojo back and build their confidence... and to b**** slap this suddenly resurgent UW program immediately!

Really hope Kispert is able to play and has a huge game.
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    UW averaging 9 steals per game.....

Shameless pasting of my comment from other games thread:

When schedule came out this was a notable game with an old “rival” but it’s now much bigger than that. Zags need this away game victory to get their mojo back and build their confidence... and to b**** slap this suddenly resurgent UW program immediately!

Really hope Kispert is able to play and has a huge game.
    With the way we took care of the ball vs Villanova and playing at UW, this game looks so much more closer than it did a week ago. UW beating KU on a neutral site says a lot about their transition from Romar...

UW is pretty high right now and this might well be the push that propels them in 2017 and GU getting slammed by Villanova brings doubt to the psyche of GU players, especially to ZN and Rui...

I think we desperately need a win vs UW...this is a watershed moment and I hope Coach Few is able to put the VU game behind us and for the players not to have any lingering thoughts about that loss. We have not lost two in a row in just about a decade...

IMO post play and free throws will be the difference in this game...

In a close one GU 84 UW 77...

We certainly need to have a better first half than we've had the last two games. That's on Perk, Silas, and J3...our leaders. They're the ones that need to set the tone from the opening tip. JP and J3 have had mediocre (or worse) games against the last two opponents. Have to get that turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Was it hard beating Nance/Russo/Bender coached teams? I know people love to hate him but Romar was by far the most successful coach UW has ever had. It went south on him the last 5 years or so, it was definitely time for a change, but he did a lot for the Huskies.
    Not against Gonzaga

Romar had a Portland, LMU-esque record against the Zags.

Kansas has one of these disasters every year. The UW win was a fluke. GU 86--UW 78

all about the turnovers...zags have been horrible. under 10 and zags win by double digits...under 15 and it will be a tight game...over 15 = loss

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    all about the turnovers...zags have been horrible. under 10 and zags win by double digits...under 15 and it will be a tight game...over 15 = loss
    Zags 13 TO against Ohio State ...14 against Florida ....24 against Texas...15 against Creighton ..Nova 19

Zags have been a TO machine lately ....and yet won 3 of 5..

Kansas had 13 against Huskies

Zags 82
    Huskies 79

Focus on rebounding and turnovers. Offense will be there

The happenings last night with the UW win against Kansas just made this matchup a little bit more interesting.

The Huskies will have quite a bit of confidence coming in, but will ultimately have a letdown and GU should win this walking away. Even without the Kansas win, UW doesn't have enough to make it a game. If GU plays like they did up until the Villanova game, it's sure notch in our cap. If we play like we did against Villanova, it will be a close game.

Prior to the Kansas game:
    - Saint Martins, W 91 - 87
    - Belmont, W 86 - 82 (currently 5-5)
    - Eastern Washington, W 79 - 69 (currently 3-5)
    - Providence, L 70 - 77 (currently 7-2)
    - Virginia Tech, L 79 - 103 (currently 8-1)
    - Seattle U, W 89 - 84 (currently 6-4)
    - UC Davis, W 77 - 70 (currently 6-2)
    - Kennesaw State, W 85 - 71 (currently 1-7)
    - Omaha, W 86 - 73 (currently 1 - 9)

GU 92
    UW 75

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Zags 89
    UW 74

Value possessions and execute. JW3 actually show up to play. Put the Nova game behind them.
    “The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.”

Zags recover their mojo.
    Zags - 85
    UW - 74