Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Never too early: next years potential starting lineup

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,529

    Default Never too early: next years potential starting lineup

    PG: Perk
    SG: ZN
    SF: Kispert
    PF: Clarke
    C: The Great Dane

    That starting 5 is SICK!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    You couldnt be more correct ....it’s ridiculous to start talking about next year’s line up

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    You couldnt be more correct ....it’s ridiculous to start talking about next year’s line up
    I get it, we laid an egg tonight. It's a long season, and we're 1/4 through it. Great learning experience for all. Watch some film, get back to practice, get semester finals out of the way.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    You couldnt be more correct ....it’s ridiculous to start talking about next year’s line up
    Um.............that's fine that you disagree with me starting the thread, but you're post is the opposite of what my op said. lol

  5. #5

    Default

    You need to chill

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    You need to chill
    Your post was very informative. Do you have a newsletter that I can subscribe to?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,916

    Default

    Wee early when we haven't figured this year's edition out. Solo on!!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Your post was very informative. Do you have a newsletter that I can subscribe to?
    Sure, it’s called reality. After reading what you have posted for years, I highly recommend you take a gander.

  9. #9

    Default

    I love how posters on this board act like they're players on the team only needing to focus on THIS season and not looking ahead towards future games... The point of a message board is to discuss topics that pertain to your favorite team rather they're this season, next season or seasons years down the road.

    The OP's topic for this thread makes for good convo rather you can handle thinking of multiple seasons or not.

    To the OP's topic unless we get a grad transfer that forces the issue I agree with your backcourt starting lineup... As far as the bigs that freshman Euro we have coming in could shake things up. Clarke isn't known for his offense and the Euro is suppose to be know for his scoring ability so their could be good competition there as far as starting.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,950

    Default

    That lineup does nothing for me......it's weaker than now.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    That lineup does nothing for me......it's weaker than now.
    JP, ZN and CK are all lights out 3 point shooters, Larsen will be dominant and Clarke was a beast pf in the MWC.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    JP, ZN and CK are all lights out 3 point shooters, Larsen will be dominant and Clarke was a beast pf in the MWC.
    What lights you talking about? Xmas ones? Clarke is better than Tils or even JW? Please.........

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    What lights you talking about? Xmas ones? Clarke is better than Tils or even JW? Please.........
    You don't think JP,CK and ZN are very good 3 point shooters? Plus, unlike the vast majority of years the latter two are wiling slashers to the basket which creates free-throw opportunities. I never said Clarke was better than either of those two so I don't know where you got that from. But he was the best player in the Mountain West last year as a sophomore.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jchocolate99 View Post
    I love how posters on this board act like they're players on the team only needing to focus on THIS season and not looking ahead towards future games... The point of a message board is to discuss topics that pertain to your favorite team rather they're this season, next season or seasons years down the road.

    The OP's topic for this thread makes for good convo rather you can handle thinking of multiple seasons or not.

    To the OP's topic unless we get a grad transfer that forces the issue I agree with your backcourt starting lineup... As far as the bigs that freshman Euro we have coming in could shake things up. Clarke isn't known for his offense and the Euro is suppose to be know for his scoring ability so their could be good competition there as far as starting.
    Good post, thanks man. Yeah, it's funny, no one forces anyone to post in a thread, yet they complain about the content of the thread in which they chose to post in.

  15. #15

    Default

    I guess this assumes that Tillie either goes pro this year or comes off the bench. I don’t see either happening.

  16. #16

    Default

    Plus o think I remember a similar post last year projecting this years lineup as :

    Goss
    Perkins
    Melson/Norvell
    Tillie
    Collins


    ... a lot can change in a year.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I guess this assumes that Tillie either goes pro this year or comes off the bench. I don’t see either happening.
    Yes, I assume Killie goes pro. Hope, for selfish reasons he stays.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Plus o think I remember a similar post last year projecting this years lineup as :

    Goss
    Perkins
    Melson/Norvell
    Tillie
    Collins


    ... a lot can change in a year.
    Sigh........

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,529

    Default

    Just in case people forget hoe good Brandon Clarke is:

    SPOKANE, Wash. -- Brandon Clarke, who led San Jose State in scoring last season, is transferring to Gonzaga.

    Clarke, a 6-foot-8 forward, will sit out this season and then have two years of eligibility remaining.

    Clarke was named first team All-Mountain West Conference last season after averaging 17.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game for the Spartans.

    He led the conference in shooting at 59.2 percent, and added 2.57 blocked shots per game.

    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...nzaga-bulldogs

    Here's his game log:

    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...brandon-clarke

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pendleton Oregon
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    I find it hard to contemplate a starting lineup without Tile. One minute he is NBA bound and the next he isn't starting. Who knows what Rui will look like by years end. Will Kispert's ankle ever be solid for long-term play? Will wade's 3 point shooting demand way more time.
    I think I will wait for next year, fun to dream, but very hard to be meaningful.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baseline View Post
    but very hard to be meaningful.
    And since when has that stopped me?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    And since when has that stopped me?
    I'm just trying to enjoy the journey, next year will arrive in due time.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'm just trying to enjoy the journey, next year will arrive in due time.
    This.
    Love the zags for life

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,653

    Default

    I also agree that I want to enjoy the journey this year. I think we will end up making a super run. Then it will depend on how Tillie and Rui do. Many think that Tillie will go, but I think that Rui is still going to be to raw (or that is what I am hoping). I also totally disagree with Jaz. We will be stronger and let me show you why.

    Point guard: Perkins, Ayayi, Wade
    Shooting guards: Norvell, Foster - backups to point
    Wing: Kispert, Rui, Jones
    Power forward: Clark, Petrusev (Rui as a backup)
    Center: Larsen, (back up power forwards).

    We would be athletic and tall at all positions. We would have shooters and be a year older at all positions . Ayayi and Clark would have a year seeing how they can work into this team. I find it hard to believe that Jaz thinks we would be weaker. Maybe he can explain that to me. This is also assuming we have no more pick up players before next year.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,313

    Default

    I fantasize all the time when I go to bed...it helps me fall asleep...

    I wonder why Wade isn't playing. Is he still injured, because he is getting garbage time so it seems that physically, he can play? From what I have seen of him so far this season, he has a keen eye and sees the entire floor and knows the offence but appears to be a half-step behind on defence. As we well know, being able to adjust on the defensive side of the ball is the telling part of playing at the D-1 level of basketball. BUT is that the reason he isn't playing and giving Josh a little rest or is it, he just doesn't have the skills to play at this level? Please understand, I am in no way stating he isn't capable but if he is, then why is he just getting garbage time at the end of the game?

    Josh has shown he has the ability to knock down threes but because he has to handle the ball all the time, it makes it really difficult to get shots. I have always believed it is so much easier to find your shot, when you don't have the ball. I would love to have David Stockton playing this season as that would sure put the onus on the "D" to have to put more emphasis on Josh without the ball...JMHO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •