Apples are red,
    Oughta be fun.
    Zags in the Garden,
    Beat 'Nova by one.

-------

Zags - 74
    Wildcats - 73

:]
    Last edited by Kiddwell; 12-02-2017 at 07:42 PM. Reason: A brief visit to Tweak City.
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Living in their backyard for over 20 years, I know Nova. This year's team is not their best, they are good but not Duke good.
    Zags have size advantage, and are playing well. We are one made free throw from elite. Like coach said, this team can play with any team right now. I really like our chances, and maybe a game for all the ages at MSG. I Look forward for Norvell to shoot the lights out, and Tille to post his double double.
    Zags 82
    Nova 77

Zags - 84
    Cats - 81
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Zags 93
    Cats 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zags 88 -- NOVA 80

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Old theme- Gonzaga not getting much respect from some posters on this Villanova fan forum:

https://247sports.com/college/villan...zaga-110725058

From Nov. 18:
    Where do they think Creighton will finish? Zags beat them pretty handily.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Nova with a STATEMENT.

Cats - 83
    Dogs- 69

Prediction? Villanova will be favored by 5.5.
    What I hope to see? Zags 80 - Nova 76.

Keep good care of the basketball. Minimize TO's, and expect a pro-Nova crowd. If they do that, the Zags will have a chance. If they don't, it'll probably be a 16 pt. win for the Wildcats. Hopefully Kispert gets well. I know Norvell was great Friday, but he's a defensive liability right now. GU needs all hands on deck.

Zags 77
    Nova 86

Hate to say it.

A win or super competitive loss.

Zags 79 Nova 74.....Zags don't need a go to guy, we have 7 of them. Probe for Nova's weakness and exploit.

Zags 77 - Nova 82.

Our three-point defense hasn’t been consistent enough to stop a great shooting team from going on a run or two. If Kispert, Norvell, and Rui do a better job of defending the three-point line, the Zags will win.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

82 - 80. Zags of course !

Nova 82-74. No answer for Brunson and DiVincenzo, bad matchups for Zags.

Defense will tell the story. Our bigs should excell. Close game.

nova 80
    zags 76

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    dude, do you only look at box scores to judge players and teams?

Have you seen Villanova?

We have not faced a team with their versatility. I agree they aren't amazing in one area, yet that is what makes them great. They do everything well. They score, shoot, defend, out smart, and out play you. Balanced, well coached, athletic, experienced, and not many weaknesses.

They are as electric as Florida, yet much better defense.

They are as long as Texas, yet more disciplined.

They shoot as well as Creighton, yet better bigs.

They are athletic as Ohio St, yet more experienced.

Nova brings all the strengths and none of the weaknesses of teams we've faced.

IF we play like we did tonight in 2nd half -- intensity, sharing the ball, defense, hitting shots, not forcing things -- then yes, we have a great shot.
    So it is another eye test. GU is being taken to task for 4 bad minutes against Texas. What has Villanova done this year to justify their lofty ranking? Keep in mind that it is easy to look good when you are playing inferior competition. We will be by far, the best team Villanova plays in their OOC schedule. GU has already played one top 10 team and 3 top 25 teams and looked very good doing it for the most part.

Is Villanova good, obviously. Are they well coached, most certainly. Are they effectively playing a home game 3 time zones away from the GU campus, yes.

As with any quality team, if you do not play excellent defense, do not shoot well, get into foul trouble or have unavailable or injured players, the game can swing dramatically.

If we have everybody available, with the game played in NY at MSG I would expect Villanova to be a slight favorite. If GU plays offense and defense for 4 quarters they way they did in the 2nd half against Creighton, Villanova will get surprised. I don't think Few or Wright will let the game get out of hand.

The winning team will win by less than 10 points and it could be either team, not accounting for any hack a shack at the end of the game.

ZagDad

Before this season started I was positive that GU would lose this game. We didn't seem to have a chance. However, after the Florida, Texas, and Creighton games I think that we can play with anybody. I'm still not convinced that we'll win this one because it's in MSG, but I'm not going to pick GU to lose to anyone this season.
    GU 77
    Nova 75

In their grill defense can win this if we take care of the ball. We've got the horsepower. Zags 91 Villians 87
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    In their grill defense can win this if we take care of the ball. We've got the horsepower. Zags 91 Villians 87
    holy smokes my friend Griz Zag.....in grill defense and score near the 90's wow sounds like a shootout to me...hope you and family doing well
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I want a redemptive start for Perkins at MSG; which would will really set the tone of the game. I am very glad the Creighton game produced 3 players with personal highs. Not only can that affect a scouting report, but will provide confidence. I hope to see Norvell continue to grow within the system and stay aggressive with drives to the hoop. Williams is due in a big way too. I know this will be a tough matchup but the homer in me has it:
    Zags 85
    Vills 82

Dogs 88
    Cats 81

Barnburner... will be a fun game to watch. Will be interesting to see who the Cuse and UConn fans root for.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Gonzaga 87, villain-ova 84

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Dogs 88
    Cats 81

Barnburner... will be a fun game to watch. Will be interesting to see who the Cuse and UConn fans root for.
    Also interested to see if Rui draws a sizable contingent of Japanese Zag fans. There will be a bigger than usual group of Japanese media I bet.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1