Thread: GU vs Villanova - Predictions/What you hope to see

Hybrid View

Default GU vs Villanova - Predictions/What you hope to see

As I will be attending said game, results may be delayed somewhat. Depends on whether we decide to stay for Cuse/UConn game and the LIRR... but will hope to have standings done by 9 PST.

That out of the way... Zags are a missed free throw, IMHO, away from a perfect season as I honestly think they could have beat Duke... What are you guys hoping to see, thoughts on the game... and of course predictions.

I like these threads because people NOT predicting still participate which is the intent of these threads. We've had some good conversations leading up to these games... lets keep it going and don't be shy if you aren't predicting a score. I'll sift through it all for the predictions.

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

80-74, good,guys!

82 -76 Zags

84-76 Zags

85 80 Zags
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Gonzaga 85-78
    Last edited by bartruff1; 12-02-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Can someone tell me what exactly Nova has done to be ranked 4th? They haven't beaten anyone really good, unless you count UNI as "really good". They have no one over 6'9 on their roster. They are severely over rated by many pundits and some on this board. Here's their schedule thus far:

AR SEASON
    vs CLMB W75-60
    vs NICH W113-77
    vs LAF W104-57
    vs WKU W66-58
    vs TENN W85-76
    vs UNI W64-50
    vs PENN W90-62

Zags 93
    Cats 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zags 88 -- NOVA 80

Gonzaga 87, villain-ova 84

Zags 84
    Nova 76

I would like to see a better game from JW3, Josh to make solid decisions and Rui,Silas and Tillie continue to be aggressive in looking for their shot and making a difference all over the court.

Nova REALLY depends on Bridges and Brunson, so I want to see some foul pressure placed on them. With these two off the court, Nova has really struggled.
    “The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.”

The blueprint against the Zags seems to be to double Josh early and double JWIII late to disrupt the O and get easy turnovers. Will the Zags be able to fix it in time?

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    The blueprint against the Zags seems to be to double Josh early and double JWIII late to disrupt the O and get easy turnovers. Will the Zags be able to fix it in time?
    Let's hope so. That "blueprint" led to three other Zags scoring 20+ each. Now that our newcomers have 5+ games under their feet, they're doing a much better job at recognizing the situation, and where and when to attack.

Villanova's a different breed of cat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    "fix it"? We lost one game in double ot to the #5 team in the land.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Considering that J3 had several turnovers when doubled, it is a bit of a concern. However, it looked like it was corrected in the second half of the Creighton game.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I don't see us winning this game if Perkins and JWIII go 6 for 16 with 9 turnovers like they did against Creighton. Villanova is 2nd & 6th in KenPom's adjusted O and D. Creighton is 19th and 74th.

hope to see continued growing confidence in their collective and individual abilities to compete successfully on both ends in all aspects, and if accomplished whatever results that brings