Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Villanova - Predictions/What you hope to see

Default GU vs Villanova - Predictions/What you hope to see

As I will be attending said game, results may be delayed somewhat. Depends on whether we decide to stay for Cuse/UConn game and the LIRR... but will hope to have standings done by 9 PST.

That out of the way... Zags are a missed free throw, IMHO, away from a perfect season as I honestly think they could have beat Duke... What are you guys hoping to see, thoughts on the game... and of course predictions.

I like these threads because people NOT predicting still participate which is the intent of these threads. We've had some good conversations leading up to these games... lets keep it going and don't be shy if you aren't predicting a score. I'll sift through it all for the predictions.

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

80-74, good,guys!

82 -76 Zags

84-76 Zags

85 80 Zags
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Gonzaga 85-78
    Last edited by bartruff1; 12-02-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Can someone tell me what exactly Nova has done to be ranked 4th? They haven't beaten anyone really good, unless you count UNI as "really good". They have no one over 6'9 on their roster. They are severely over rated by many pundits and some on this board. Here's their schedule thus far:

AR SEASON
    vs CLMB W75-60
    vs NICH W113-77
    vs LAF W104-57
    vs WKU W66-58
    vs TENN W85-76
    vs UNI W64-50
    vs PENN W90-62

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Can someone tell me what exactly Nova has done to be ranked 4th? They haven't beaten anyone really good, unless you count UNI as "really good". They have no one over 6'9 on their roster. They are severely over rated by many pundits and some on this board. Here's their schedule thus far:

AR SEASON
    vs CLMB W75-60
    vs NICH W113-77
    vs LAF W104-57
    vs WKU W66-58
    vs TENN W85-76
    vs UNI W64-50
    vs PENN W90-62
    dude, do you only look at box scores to judge players and teams?

Have you seen Villanova?

We have not faced a team with their versatility. I agree they aren't amazing in one area, yet that is what makes them great. They do everything well. They score, shoot, defend, out smart, and out play you. Balanced, well coached, athletic, experienced, and not many weaknesses.

They are as electric as Florida, yet much better defense.

They are as long as Texas, yet more disciplined.

They shoot as well as Creighton, yet better bigs.

They are athletic as Ohio St, yet more experienced.

Nova brings all the strengths and none of the weaknesses of teams we've faced.

IF we play like we did tonight in 2nd half -- intensity, sharing the ball, defense, hitting shots, not forcing things -- then yes, we have a great shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post

sometimes I wonder if you watch these guys play.

Have you seen Villanova?

We have not faced a team with their versatility. I agree they aren't amazing in one area, yet that is what makes them great. They do everything well. They score, shoot, defend, out smart, and out play you. Balanced, well coached, athletic, experienced, and not many weaknesses.

IF we play like we did tonight in 2nd half -- intensity, sharing the ball, defense, hitting shots, not forcing things -- then yes, we have a great shot.

I think we should just bag the trip

I feel like we're playing with house money... Hope we go in loose and have some fun. I still think this may be one of the few L's this team absorbs this season:

Nova 80
    GU 70

My prediction: coming out party for Mr. Larsen. He's about the only one of the newcomers yet to not have a signature game.

I also expect Villanova to be Rui-nated.

Villanova plays at St Johns tomorrow ..could be a trap game..highly doubtful

84 nova
    78 Zags

Villy 85

Zags 78

If at home? We win. Its not. We still fight.
    Love the zags for life

Zags are the highest ranked opponent on their schedule. They'll be fired up. Great game.

92-91 Villanova in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post

Have you seen Villanova?

Villanova absolutely looks the part of a Final Four team. They are a more consistent team than we have been up to this point. TeamRankings.com gives us a 43% chance to win this one. That seems about right.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-ba...gs/projections
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by azzagfan View Post
    Zags are the highest ranked opponent on their schedule. They'll be fired up. Great game.

92-91 Villanova in OT.
    I'm half tempted to think it'll be an overtime game too. I sure hope not though - hard on the heart! So, just can't muster up an overtime score. I think the Zags are going to win (wishful gut feeling) and the score will be ....

Zags 90, Villanova 80

My mindset on this score is that the Zags will be playing pretty tough D and be really fired up for this game - especially J3 and Tillie. This Zag bunch is pretty driven and certainly not shy about who/where they play. I also feel Perks has a chip on his jaw and Silas is becoming our stealth Ninja. Anywho .... that's my Zag Koolaid tainted prediction
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Nova plays crushing D. Double the ball often. Premium on ball handling this game. They are UVa-smart. And Wright is a terrific coach. Their fan base will be noisy. Scored 3 great tix from UConn staff.......2d game is actually the feature, with 2 legacy BE teams; however, both are a bit off this year. Back in the day, the UConn fan base at MSG was a sight to behold. “You——-Konn,” as loud as can be.

Zags 87 -82 1OT
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Wildcats 84
    Bulldogs 77

Hope we see the quality of play @ MSG that allowed the Zags to beat down UNC on 11.22.2006 and not the struggles had versus the Blue Devils a month later. . .

I think they'll be competitive but I think Nova's guards are better than our guards. I also expect to see the Zags complaining to the zebras about calls and no-calls. . .if the refs are calling it tight, they need to adapt to it and not get in early foul trouble.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-04-2017 at 05:06 AM.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Wearing a face mask in a pandemic isn't a political choice. It's an IQ test.

Zags - 83
    Vill - 81

Kispert changes that 43% chance to a 50% in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Villanova plays at St Johns tomorrow ..could be a trap game..highly doubtful

84 nova
    78 Zags
    Is St John’s homecourt still MSG? EDIT: Never mind, Villanova playing St. Joseph’s not St. John’s

Top “ what I hope to see” item = Silas Melson returning to the scene of his 1st NCAA field goal attempt and make ( a straightaway 3 pointer he drilled shortly after checking in for the injured Perkins.. yes, the broken jaw game) and continuing his hot shooting and overall fantastic play.

I also hope to see Zags hit the court w same intensity level as 2nd half vs Creighton from the get go. Agree w earlier post re: Larsen is only new rotation player without a signature game...well, he and Jones. I think both are capable of one.

More Alpha Tillie too please!!
    Last edited by GonzagasaurusFlex; 12-02-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Old theme- Gonzaga not getting much respect from some posters on this Villanova fan forum:

https://247sports.com/college/villan...zaga-110725058

From Nov. 18:

Hands down the worst team of the Mark Few era and in the last 20 years. Just not a lot to work with here. Pretty surprising he didn’t have a stronger class coming in knowing so much talent was exiting the program. Nova will put the hammer to these guys at MSG. Ignore the ridiculous # next to their name. This team wouldn’t finish in the top 5 of the Big East.

Zags win 89-75

Go!! Zags!!!

Default GU vs Villanova - Predictions/What you hope to see

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Old theme- Gonzaga not getting much respect from some posters on this Villanova fan forum:

https://247sports.com/college/villan...zaga-110725058

From Nov. 18:
    And then came PK80...

But Villanova is flat-out good.