Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Corey Kispert injury

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Couldn't be that bad no ice while on bench no elevation either

Some treatment and I wager he starts Friday
    yep

he's getting an mri.?..he's icing his knee down.?..he's doing stretching exercises.?..any number of reasons and the sooner the dx or treatment the better....

On replay, it looked like he rolled it inward, rather than the classic sprain.

Not sure if this is good or bad.

Hope he's ready to go, yet given his response post-game, I'd say he's out for a game 48 hrs from now.

But here's to hoping (wishing, praying)!
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Confirming what has already been posted. Michaelson said ankle on post game radio. Morrison said he'd been there done that. Could be ready by Friday or maybe not. Of course this was pre the Meehan tweet re Kispert. In any event Morrison felt Hachimura and/or Norvell would fill the slot more than adequately. Speaking of Norvell Hudson and Morrison noted Norvell got a quite a bit of time at the point this evening which Morrison felt was very important as the season moves along.

CK had operation on right foot in Feb.....this is left ankle at least

According to Twitter, he's feeling fine and expects to play full speed on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by LeightonZag View Post
    According to Twitter, he's feeling fine and expects to play full speed on Friday.
    Goes to show how tough he is...its evident with how he plays, what he says, and how he carries himself.

Tough kid.

Nothing will hold him back, so taking his hopeful words with a grain of salt.

He's so tough and spirited, he could be hurt, yet not letting himself even entertain the thought/idea.

We'll know more come Friday.

Hope he's good to go. Creighton is good.

My guess it swells overnight. I wouldn’t bet on him playing Creighton, even if he feels ok now. Good that it’s the ankle and not the knee.

Even if he says he's ready to go, only use him in an emergency Friday against Creighton, and rest him until Villanova on Tuesday. I think we handle Creighton without him, but need him Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    Even if he says he's ready to go, only use him in an emergency Friday against Creighton, and rest him until Villanova on Tuesday. I think we handle Creighton without him, but need him Tuesday.
    Don't sleep on Creighton though. They got ranked to old fashioned way.

If the ankle is structurally sound on physical exam and imaging, and he is able to jump and cut on the ankle, he should be totally fine to play. Assuming everything is structurally sound, the ability to play would be based on Kispert's subjective stability and pain level.

Sprained ankles are more prone to future sprains, but that would be the case a year from now, too (and then some). A metanalysis on Pubmed1 concluded the following: After 1 year of follow-up, a high percentage of patients still experienced pain and subjective instability, while within a period of 3 years, as much as 34% of the patients reported at least 1 re-sprain. From 36% up to 85% of the patients reported full recovery within a period of 3 years.

In other words, if you want to make sure he's healthy, you might have to sit him out until he's a senior.

-----

1What is the clinical course of acute ankle sprains? A systematic literature review. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18374692

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    If the ankle is structurally sound on physical exam and imaging, and he is able to jump and cut on the ankle, he should be totally fine to play. Assuming everything is structurally sound, the ability to play would be based on Kispert's subjective stability and pain level.

Sprained ankles are more prone to future sprains, but that would be the case a year from now, too (and then some). A metanalysis on Pubmed1 concluded the following: After 1 year of follow-up, a high percentage of patients still experienced pain and subjective instability, while within a period of 3 years, as much as 34% of the patients reported at least 1 re-sprain. From 36% up to 85% of the patients reported full recovery within a period of 3 years.

In other words, if you want to make sure he's healthy, you might have to sit him out until he's a senior.

-----

1What is the clinical course of acute ankle sprains? A systematic literature review. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18374692
    What's it say about pain and instability 40 years later......
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Norvell and Rui appear ready ....

It sucks to be in these situations, but let's be honest. It's going to be harder to beat Nova at MSG than it will be to beat Creighton at K2. That's not to say that beating Creighton at K2 won't be challenging.....with or without Corey.

But if GU beats Nova, that will be one of the top 3-4 non-con wins that any team gets. And I don't know if GU can beat Nova without Corey.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    It sucks to be in these situations, but let's be honest. It's going to be harder to beat Nova at MSG than it will be to beat Creighton at K2. That's not to say that beating Creighton at K2 won't be challenging.....with or without Corey.

But if GU beats Nova, that will be one of the top 3-4 non-con wins that any team gets. And I don't know if GU can beat Nova without Corey.
    First, I'm betting Cory plays Friday & Tuesday and does OK. Second, the Zags are improving quite quickly and playing with a lot of confidence. I really liked what I saw last night with Norvell, Hachimura, Wade and Larsen - those 4 are looking more and more comfy on the floor with each game. I don't mean to at all belittle Cory's value to the team but I think we'll do OK with either Rui or Zach taking up some of Cory's time - even against Villanova. I'd like to not see Cory taking chances on further injuring his ankle by putting in too much time on Friday. Cory is one driven player and I figure he might re-injure his foot via his customary 110% drive/efforts.

-----

Thank you for laying out the medical reality underneath my personal experience.

Mine was far worse than Kispert's, but I can easily see how everything above is absolutely true, even if he says he's fine and plays.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Love the humor play. Slip on a Mueller ATF 2 ankle brace and get back in the game CK!

I'm not sure whether Kispert will play or not play against Creighton and Villanova. But I agree with what one of our posters said about what Adam Morrison said, that he thinks Kispert could play, but if he doesn't that the Zags will be fine with Rui and Norvell filling in for him. If Kispert can't play I think that Norvell would play the 2 and Melson would move over to the 3. Melson often played the 3 last year and played great. I think Rui is certainly improving a lot, and I think he's ready to take on more minutes at the 3. I was impressed with Norvell last night but still have reservations about saying he's ready to contribute against teams like Creighton and Villanove. I think he would play well at home in K2 because he's comfortable there. However, playing in Madison Garden is quite different. My guess would be that Jones will play more than Norvell in Madison Square Garden.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I'm not sure whether Kispert will play or not play against Creighton and Villanova. But I agree with what one of our posters said about what Adam Morrison said, that he thinks Kispert could play, but if he doesn't that the Zags will be fine with Rui and Norvell filling in for him. If Kispert can't play I think that Norvell would play the 2 and Melson would move over to the 3. Melson often played the 3 last year and played great. I think Rui is certainly improving a lot, and I think he's ready to take on more minutes at the 3. I was impressed with Norvell last night but still have reservations about saying he's ready to contribute against teams like Creighton and Villanove. I think he would play well at home in K2 because he's comfortable there. However, playing in Madison Garden is quite different. My guess would be that Jones will play more than Norvell in Madison Square Garden.
    I think they leave Melson at the 2 and put Rui in if CK can't go Friday.

I see Perks, Melson and Norvell Jr at the 2 guard spots, Tillie, J3 and Larsen at the two Big spots and CK, Rui and JJ primarliy ate the 3 but able to slide into the 4 for some sets (and short time at the 2).
    It's not funny.

I think some announcer is going to call him Krispert by mistake. A lot easier mistake to make than calling Pargo "Prego."

How many noticed this? he's got two bad ankles

Corey audio interview first top left.....LINK

It started Friday when he rolled his right ankle against Florida in the PK80 in Portland.
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...d-game-with-l/

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    What's it say about pain and instability 40 years later......
    it says to see what my ankles are lol

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post

See this is where I think the CK hype may be a little much. I love his passion, heart and talent, but he has been utterly atrocious on defense and his 3 point shooting hasn't been anywhere close to what it was hyped to be. Again, I flat out love the guy, but he has his flaws too. ZN and Rui will be more than capable of picking up the slack.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    See this is where I think the CK hype may be a little much. I love his passion, heart and talent, but he has been utterly atrocious on defense and his 3 point shooting hasn't been anywhere close to what it was hyped to be. Again, I flat out love the guy, but he has his flaws too. ZN and Rui will be more than capable of picking up the slack.
    Utterly atrocious on defense? Really? Looks more like he makes typical freshman mistake to me.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V