Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corey Kispert injury

Default Corey Kispert injury

Deserves its own thread for updates.

Goes without saying, Corey is incredibly important to our team's success this season. Our only 'glue guy'. A legit small fwd who can rebound, pass, shoot, and demand defensive attention all over the court. He consistently makes the extra pass, the tough play, and crashes the boards with the big guys, while playing ball with the small guys.

Unfortunately, Kispert hurt his knee at the end of the 1st half, jumped and landed awkwardly.

He walked to bench with a noticeable limp and wincing in pain.

Since then, he went the lockerroom, did not start 2nd half, and is no longer on the team bench. I find his absence of note.

I've said this team is 1 injury away from being woefully thin. BTW, Corey has logged the 3rd most minutes of any player on our team thus far (only behind Silas & Josh).

We are praying for you Corey .

The fact he’s not even on the bench for 2nd half really worries me. If a minor injury isn’t the norm for the player to just sit out the 2nd half and cheer on his teammates from the bench?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    The fact he’s not even on the bench for 2nd half really worries me. If a minor injury isn’t the norm for the player to just sit out the 2nd half and cheer on his teammates?
    this.

We've had guys over the years twist an ankle, tweak a knee, etc, yet they ALWAYS return to the bench and cheer on the team.

Definitely a concern.

Maybe training staff felt something with the knee test, or he's in more pain than we realize? Only time will tell....really a shame...

It was off a pointless alley oop pass attempt which was off the mark. Tried to adjust to the pass and seemed to tweaked something.

All signs at this moment don't look good...He is the PERFECT player to face Creighton and Villanova whom are both undersized compared to last season.

We need this kid healthy, playing, developing, and helping this team. I don't feel this unique squad can absorb losing ANY current starters to injury. All so important in so many ways, moreso individually than previous years, imo

There is no way to read "not coming out" for the second half as positive in any way at all. I tried. Tried to make it about just starting the icing, wrap, etc. earlier b/c of a game in 48 hours, makes no sense.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    There is no way to read "not coming out" for the second half as positive in any way at all. I tried. Tried to make it about just starting the icing, wrap, etc. earlier b/c of a game in 48 hours, makes no sense.
    no beating around the bush about how awkward it appeared on TV. I cringed BEFORE Corey did. It just didn't look smooth or right at all. He appeared to stop, jump, and twist at the same time.

Don't want to fear the worst, but this isn't a good sign whatsoever.

If Corey goes down, I can only imagine if someone else did...this season goes from uphill promise, to unfair real quick.

Must be optimistic.

This season would certainly lose some luster if we lost Kispert. My favorite player right now.

Just didn't look good.

Looks like he just came back to the bench at 2:22 left.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Back on bench...no L shoe and got up gingerly

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    Back on bench...no L shoe and got up gingerly
    Hudson/Morrison said looked like ankle

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    no beating around the bush about how awkward it appeared on TV. I cringed BEFORE Corey did. It just didn't look smooth or right at all. He appeared to stop, jump, and twist at the same time.

Don't want to fear the worst, but this isn't a good sign whatsoever.

If Corey goes down, I can only imagine if someone else did...this season goes from uphill promise, to unfair real quick.

Must be optimistic.

This season would certainly lose some luster if we lost Kispert. My favorite player right now.

Just didn't look good.
    I didn't see it and now have no intention of reviewing it. Just really hope for the kid. It's his and our worst nightmare, if it's a tear.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Hoping it’s not serious and they were just working on his knee in the trainer’s room. This injury could really affect the success of the season with so many unproven players. Rui looks like he could step in, but man the bench looks that much bleaker after...

limping pretty clearly in the handshake line, pain

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Hoping it’s not serious and they were just working on his knee in the trainer’s room. This injury could really affect the success of the season with so many unproven players. Rui looks like he could step in, but man the bench looks that much bleaker after...
    who said knee?

Kispert in the end-game huddle at center court. That's a good sign!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Kispert's toughness alone would be a devastating loss.

He brings much needed grit, fluid play, and heart. A true glue-guy as a freshman big guard, wing, foward.

A do-it-all player we desperately need at his position. Confident, hard nosed, and makes the right play at the right time, and receives major mins as a result.

He's logged:

46 of 50 mins vs Florida. His 15 pts vs Gators were instrumental and came at the perfect time.

38 of 40 mins vs Texas.

Scored 10 pts in 18 mins vs Ohio St.

Then again, he brings so much more than points. He is one of the most trusted by the staff of any player not named Perkins.

Whether ankle or knee, most likely out vs Creighton, and maybe Villanova. Not sure we can pull it off without him.

So so important to this year's team.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    limping pretty clearly in the handshake line, pain
    definitely in pain. Probably xrays and further imaging tomorrow.

I would guess doubtful, at best, vs Creighton.

Damn.

I'd argue only J3 and Perkins are more important on the court than Kispert. He is a big reason we are very fluid passing team. Runs through Kispert.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

I'm going with Morrison observation until more credible info.......ankle and didn't look that bad to him (Morrison)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I'm going with Morrison observation until more credible info.......ankle and didn't look that bad to him (Morrison)
    thanks for the word, hope that's it, no doubt he'd be missed

Brian Michelson said Kispert rolled his ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    thanks for the word, hope that's it, no doubt he'd be missed
    Brian M just confirmed on radio....rolled it pretty good

thanks again, damn

Wrap it up and rub some dirt on it...........Corey's solution. Tough kid.....he'll be ready.

From Twitter

Tony Black‏Verified account @KREMTony

Kispert says he came down wrong on his ankle on a lob in the first half. Says he expects to play Friday.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Said it before, that can be anything from "stiff" in 48 hours to 6 months in a boot.

Most frustrating thing when I did it w/ 3rd degree was there was a negative feedback loop in recovery. It was always weaker and thus would tend to "roll" doing silling things, stepping off a curb weirdly is one I vividly remember.

He will have the best of the best advising him, hope he listens better than me.
    Mark Twain.

Couldn't be that bad no ice while on bench no elevation either

Some treatment and I wager he starts Friday
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few