• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagcity
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2010

98 percent chance

IMO this team has an almost 100 chance to run the table in conference play. We don't have BYU as the last game which eliminates any last game curse let down. This team is coming of age before our eyes.
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

As long as we don't build a 16+ lead.

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
      As long as we don't build a 16+ lead.
      Yes! Texas took us to school today. Lessons Learned? Sure hope so.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
        Yes! Texas took us to school today. Lessons Learned? Sure hope so.
        Same scenario 20 years. No learning going on.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
          Banned
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          While I am inclined to agree, we made the national championship game last year. So one could argue that taking your foot off the gas pedal and playing not to lose has not adversely affected our program.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagcity View Post
            IMO this team has an almost 100 chance to run the table in conference play. We don't have BYU as the last game which eliminates any last game curse let down. This team is coming of age before our eyes.
            I agree. We are so much more talented than everyone in our conference, including St. Mary's.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
              While I am inclined to agree, we made the national championship game last year. So one could argue that taking your foot off the gas pedal and playing not to lose has not adversely affected our program.
              No just in games where we have a huge lead early agst a good team.

Comment

• FuManShoes
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I swear, under Few the Zags choke away every 20 point lead ... except the ones they don't.
                “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

These are 17-22 year old young men. Come on.
                  History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

As I mentioned in the game thread, that may be Fews only Achilles Heel, but it hasn't affected the program in the big picture.

Comment

• 2wiceright
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Dec 2007

Give me a break... Very young team and has nothing to do with any scenario for 20 years, LOL! If you watched the game it was all about this young team making an all time record in turnovers... as well as needing serious work on breaking a good press... Lots of guts and talent won it in the end. If there was no learning we would have lost this game in the past!
                      "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
                      -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Comment

• zag67
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

This team has a lot of growing to do. They played really well when they were in their comfort zone. When texas put on their press we were not prepared enough to live through it. Yes we will learn from this and in the end this is going to help us win many more games as the year goes on. Texas had great length in front of our in bounds player and we did not attack when we did get the ball in. I thought they played great in the OT and showed that they were learning as we speak.
                        Good win and on to the rest. Creighton and Villanova will show us more before we enter league.

Comment

• 75Zag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Why do people keep saying that the Creighton game means something? My eyes are not as good as they once were, but aren't they a hypothetical 35 ranking in the AP if you count "others receiving votes" in the fine print on the bottom of the page? Do they have some dominating inside players or something? Just curious.

Go Bulldogs!
                          Do not go gentle into that good night,
                          Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                          Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• ZagDad84
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2014

While many may argue that it does not adversely affect GU, I will argue that it does.

Last year not withstanding, GU needs signature wins to cover for the few times they do not win the WCC Tourney. Throwing away a certain victory against a good team and even more so against a mediocre or poor team may significantly impact our NCAA seeding and thus our overall chances to be successful in the NCAA tourney.

Today's collapse was not just taking the air out of the ball which led to GU taking poor shots when they got off a shot at all. It also involved playing very soft defense to avoid fouling (Texas made 9 out of their last 10) as well as the complete inability to handle the high pressure, full court press. Take any one of these three failures out of the equation we are not having this conversation. Combine that with JW making 50% of his foul shots, SM missing a foul shot, KT missing a foul shot all of which would have extended the lead and got a victory.

As far as running the table, I would put my money on not running the table. We did not do it last year when we went to the NC game and I don't think we will do it this year. It has little to do with who has the most talent (did BYU have more talent than GU last year?). It is just too hard to beat every team in your league 2-3 times during the year in conference and the tourney.

ZagDad

Comment

Working...
                            X