Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: GAME THREAD: Texas v ZAGS - 11/26/17

We played will in OT because we actually PLAYED - the way they play best. Holdup ball, except in limited circumstances, just does not work most times for GU.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    Yes. Plenty. I try not to quote them for validation later
    When someone says that it was wrong and abhorrent, that usually isn't the definition of validation. But I do think that Josh really struggles with pressure, do you not agree?

Phew
    GO ZAGS!!!

Be lucky to get the ball across half court against Villanova

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    When someone says that it was wrong and abhorrent, that usually isn't the definition of validation. But I do think that Josh really struggles with pressure, do you not agree?
    I agree. No issue with the sentiment, his press breaking and the whole teams ability to handle pressure was awful.. Just though it didn't bear worth repeating the prior comment...seemed like your following sentence implied "I was mean but not wrong." Huge difference between bball iq and intelligence. The latter should be off limits especially talking about kids. But that's my opinion. We were all frustrated in sure. No hard feelings.

Goodman really pushing the Rui and Fewie narrative, asked Perk about it, lol

Btw, Josh is a stand up dude, saying that the pass was 100%n his fault. Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    I agree. No issue with the sentiment, his press breaking and the whole teams ability to handle pressure was awful.. Just though it didn't bear worth repeating the prior comment...seemed like your following sentence implied "I was mean but not wrong." Huge difference between bball iq and intelligence. The latter should be off limits especially talking about kids. But that's my opinion. We were all frustrated in sure. No hard feelings.
    We shouldn't talk that way about anyone, it was wrong of me and I let me emotions get the best of me. Go Zags! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Be lucky to get the ball across half court against Villanova
    I bet we beat them by at least 8

Zags played fine until told to take their foot off the gas, sure looked like that at least.

I do not wish we had Nigel or Zach back and certainly don't enjoy playing that game, seems silly to me

Josh screwed up in the slow down Few O, along with numerous others, but his turnover will define this game for many but not me, and he recovered. Happy for Silas to get the big plays that eluded him vs. UF

FINAL STATS: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=193310

17 Assists, 24 Turnovers. 13 - 21 from the FT line. Outrebounded by 2.

Held Texas to 39% from the field. If there are "ugly" Wins, this one qualifies.

Safe travels home, Zags. The fans in Portland were terrific.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek