Thread: A Safe Place You Can Note Things You're Not Thankful For

Default A Safe Place You Can Note Things You're Not Thankful For

There will be lots of thanks given in any number of venues and scenarios today.

I thought it might be a public service to open a crack in the fabric of the universe, where you can note stuff you are NOT thankful for.

- That our game tonight starts at 11:00 p.m. local time for me!!!!!!
    - That we seem to have an especially tough first round opponent!!!
    - That my wife's family seems to have a tradition of eating Thanksgiving LUNCH - seriously, they eat their meal around noon. We always ate at about 3:30 or so.
    - That my brother-in law took the golf clubs that I had stored in the garage, thus not allowing me to play my little par 3 course I've set up.
    - That our guests started arriving at about 9:00 a.m., and the TV is tuned to the dam parade!

- And I am especially not thankful for the officiating that occurred on April 3rd which IMO kept the national championship away that was rightfully ours.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

We do an early dinner so we can have second dinner which only consists of desserts.

I'm not thankful for getting sick last night and then spending the night worrying that I have something contagious. It's most likely just baby related heartburn and such, but I'm regretting that I'm hosting in an hour and a half... I can wear pajamas right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    We do an early dinner so we can have second dinner which only consists of desserts.

I'm not thankful for getting sick last night and then spending the night worrying that I have something contagious. It's most likely just baby related heartburn and such, but I'm regretting that I'm hosting in an hour and a half... I can wear pajamas right?
    You are currently bio-engineering a human being from scratch, I think you get to wear whatever makes you comfortable.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Green bean casserole. Keep that crap outta my house.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Anything Christmas (movies, advertising, etc.) before Thanksgiving.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Yes, several radio stations have been playing Christmas music the past week or more. Not that I'd keep any of it on because I'm so opposed to Christmas suffocating Thanksgiving, but I swear every time I flip past those channels it's the worst of the worst. As if George Michael's "This Christmas" doesn't make me cringe, Taylor Swift had to do a cover of it...and I heard them both already.