View Poll Results: GUnit of the Game - Utah State - 11. 18. 2017 ?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tllie

81 72.97%
  • Melson

21 18.92%
  • Perkins

0 0%
  • Kispert

4 3.60%
  • Norvell, Jr

0 0%
  • The Ruinator

0 0%
  • Larsen

5 4.50%
  • OTHER ( AND WHY. . .)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUnit of the Game - Utah State - 11. 18. 2017 ?

Default GUnit of the Game - Utah State - 11. 18. 2017 ?

STATS LINK: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=191697

Zags "D" buckled down in the second half. Utah State gave them a tough game. Good prep for PK80 ? That's a debate for another thread, I think.

Larsen channeled his inner Ivan Drago. Tillie is shooting 69% from the field YTD. . .Zags with 14 Assists, 3 TO's

Final Score: 79 -66

The toast to tonight's player of the game goes to. . .?
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-19-2017 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Tillie stats correction

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

A true friend of the realm!

Tillie Tillie!

That's a one or two possession game without Tillie.

Good game by Larsen, too - when he was in
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Got to go with Tillie.

Kispert sure seemed to be in the middle of a lot!

Larsen's 4 blocks made his 2 points seem to be more!
    It's not funny.

Tillie, but key clutch basket by Melson and great minutes from Larsen
    GO ZAGS!!!

It was hard for me not to vote for Silas, but I had to go for Tillie, cuz you know, it's the right thing to do!

Because of his stats Tillie was the easy choice, but i went for grandpa Melson, he was a rock when things were a little shaky and played nearly error free tonight.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Tillie though agree other choices good, like Silas and Larsen
    would add Jones as well, he got the early run 2nd half for his first half D imo, and the Zags D was not good first half tho Jones showed he can impact that end of the floor and helped change what was happening

I went with Tillie from the box score since I couldn't watch the game. I had to follow on ESPN. If anyone can post a replay it would be greatly appreciated.

Den store dansker!

The last ten minutes he seemed to be part of several big plays.
    "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    It was hard for me not to vote for Silas, but I had to go for Tillie, cuz you know, it's the right thing to do!
    Me Too....but it was very close....

Only 3 TO in the game...1 in the second half...

Melson hit some big shots when the team needed them. Larsen sparked the big run that finally buried the Aggies. Tillie played well for the whole game. The stat line shows the shooting impact and rebounding, but he also had a big impact defensively. He forced some key turnovers that won't show up in the box score, because they weren't technically "steals." Tillie gets my vote.

The EASY choice would be Tillie...but I’m going against the grain here. This game was uncomfortably close for way too long until one man child came in and domained both ends of the floor for like 5 straight possessions. It was something along the lines of block, bucket, block, assist, rebound. Seemed like he got the crowd going about as loud as I’d heard them all night.

Going Larsen!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

It's interesting so far the player of the game is usually one player running away with the voting. Last year there were always two and sometimes three players who were in the run for player of the game. Tonight it's Tillie who runs away with it. Tillie is establishing himself as our best player so far this year. And that is no surprise really.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Felt both Silas and Tillie provided the consistent presence and leadership throughout the game.

They were clutch, gritty, and performed when necessary or called upon. Silas picked his moments and so did Tillie. Active on both sides of the court.

Tille could have been tougher in traffic and to loose balls, and Silas could have been more aggressive with the ball.

This team desperately misses a player to drive and score in the lane, or finish. Perkins is making plays but pretty sub par around the rim and in the lane. Not trustworthy to score whatsoever, but can usually find the open man. I love his game, but not a good finisher like NWG. Maybe Silas can step up, or Norvell can play better defense and smarter with the ball.

Larsen had an incredible 5 min run off the bench. Blocked numerous shots, put fear in the opposition, and moved the damn ball. Our ball movement was lacking at times tonight. WAYYYY too much one on one ball. Good things happened when we worked it around. Larsen helped that cause and provided a much needed toughness which was lacking.

We are very fortunate USU was missing, not one, but two of their best players. Their leading scoring guard was out, and biggest player (6'11", 245 lbs) as well.

Our 3pt defense was solid during the 2-3 zone, and closing out, but sucked on help or weak side. Embarrassingly open looks nearly all game, save for a 6 min stretch.

JIII forced it all night. On both sides of the floor, was a black hole on offense and a bit sloppy on defense. He drew some good fouls, but played a selfish game in many ways. Really took our offense out of sync with this random dribbling and lack of passing. Bailed out several times. Did not play like a Senior leader at all.

Norvell is such a luxury and weapon, but he doesn't value possessions. On either side of the court. Lazy defender, and doesn't seem to value his attempts as much as he should. Has a beautiful stroke, and seems to be our best penetrator, but picks his moments when he has no help or teammates around.

Perkins seems to get tired logging so many consecutive minutes. Effects his game and handles. Wish we had a backup for him, but do not without Wade. Where was he tonight? Shoulder move again? No word.

Kispert is just an awesome, all around player. Can get burnt on defense, but love the fire and tenacity all around the court. He makes the right play 90% of the time. His shot was off, but his dribble drive and post game was working. Strong player. Needs to be more aggressive with his strength, touch, and mid range. Loves the 3, but seems to be one of the top finishers on this team. I'd like to see some more screens set for him.

Based on some of the rebounding and defensive woes, or inconsistent defense/toughness, I'd be pumped if this young team could win (2) games next week.

Rui needs to come to play. He was easily pushed around and out played on the court. By guys much smaller than him. Needs to get mean streak, and just GO. He gave some good hustle, but rarely makes the right play/decision. He did have one nice possession where he posted up strong, and tried hard for rebounds, but doesn't box out.

Voted for Tillie, second choice was Larsen ... when he came in at the 10 minute mark the Zags were up 3 and when he left with about 5 minutes to go the Zags were up by 20. His blocked shots and defensive presence altering shots had a lot to do with the Zag 17-0 run in that five minute span.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Tillie was a beast, but Silas kept us in the game late in that first half.

I wanted to go with Larsen, bit Tillie was the man tonight.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Could’ve went with Tillie but picked Melson instead. He’s been fantastic this season. His defense in the 2nd half tonight was ridiculous. He’s continuously made the right play on offense all season so far.

Tillie is so often in the right place at the right time - on both offense and defense. Always around the ball - great rebounder and has been shooting fantastic. Throw at least one block in there and he has to be the one tonight. Melson was pretty clutch in spots and it was great seeing Larsen have a good run at the end...

Tillie was consistently effective on both ends of the court throughout the the game.

I liked the Frosh response after the first shock. They shook it off well.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Could’ve went with Tillie but picked Melson instead. He’s been fantastic this season. His defense in the 2nd half tonight was ridiculous. He’s continuously made the right play on offense all season so far.
    Melson is Mr. Reliable.
    Parlez-vous français?

Can't argue against either Tillie or Melson.
    I went with Melson because he was the rock. He is becoming the leader, always making key plays that don't necessarily show up on the box score.
    Tillie was great, too.

Need more Larson. He clearly changed the game when he came in.

Vote Tillie but the team should get it...only 3 turnovers!!!
    Go Zags!!!

Tillie jumps out as the obvious answer. I went with Melson, he seems to be taking over this team, leads by example on defense, and whenever we needed a big bucket to keep it w/in single digits Melson was always the answer. No real wrong answers tonight. That being said, as others have mentioned I lost a lot of confidence in this team tonight (not because they played horribly) but the inexperience showed....

This next week should answer a lot of doubts and questions!!! Either way, I'm looking forward to see what we do against Ohio State!!!! Go Zags!
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood