Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonzaga vs Howard Post Game thoughts and analysis

Quote Originally Posted by billbow47 View Post
    Agreed...his follow thru drifts left.
    he really lacks touch...he'd probably be better off shooting jump hooks from the foul line...only half kidding btw

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I wonder why more poor FT shooters don't try the Ric Barry method. It doesn't look as great, but if J3 could shoot 75-80% instead of 50%, it might make a difference to his future in professional basketball.
    Two games in and yes, he needs to do something...looking at PK's stroke and JW3 - it is night and day. PK had a smooth stroke but for some reason the ball didn't go down for him...I don't see JW3's numbers getting any better unless he changes his form...starting with his legs...but if he used RB's underhanded approach, I would think his numbers would go up substantially!

I was at the game last night so I didn't hear the local TV commentary until I watched the replay this afternoon. Dan remarked that J3 worked really hard on his free throws all summer and that he was much improved from last year. It appears that he might just be starting the year in a bit of a slump. Here's hoping.

Noticed his "soft shots" are way better than his bullets. He goes back to his old ways.

Maybe an "on floor coach" walks up to him and whispers "soft" just before he starts shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    Loved Jesse Wade's aggressive shooting. 3/6 3pts not bad in 12 min.

I want to see him on the floor more.

But IMO, his defense needs some work before we can consider him a viable backup PG. Yes, I understand he's only 14 min into his playing career and has been sidelined by injury. Just an area I'm hoping to see improvement in over the coming weeks. Coach Few will most likely tighten his rotation down to 8 by conference play. And right now I've got Wade at #10 (weird his # is 10). After the starters first off the bench = Rui, Larsen, Norvell, Jones and then Wade.
    I honestly think its more than his defense that keeps him off the floor. Right now Jesse is a short 2 guard. You can tell he doesnt handle the ball well enough to be a 1... which would cause problems against the upper echelon teams. I just dont see him being the backup 1 this year and that is hard for me to admit. I love watching the kid play. Needs to continue to improve his handles.

I don't think we've seen enough to know that. Jesse , if he gets over his TWO years off AND his should injury, he'll be among the best kids we've had. 26 ppg and POY in Utah. Yes, he's got the goods. Ballhandling is very good Has he had any errant passes or TO's in his whole 12-14 minutes on the court? His knowledge of the game is extensive. He'll be fine if his shoulder is. When that happens is unknown.

Who's minutes is he going to take Doc ?

Points in the paint:
    Howard 19
    Gonzaga 50

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by billbow47 View Post
    Agreed...his follow thru drifts left.
    not an expert here,
    but his free throws have never had the arc I see in players who shoot in the 70's and 80's percentages,
    they are low and straight, and we all know from physics a higher arc than that is necessary for maximum opportunity for the ball to find the angle