Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMC/New Mexico State Aggies

Default SMC/New Mexico State Aggies

Coming on now on the.w

Please delete when over.

Thanks, will

It is New Mexico State University, not the Lobos.
    Last edited by CDC84; 11-13-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Landale doing Landale things, 2 fouls in 7 minutes against more athletic players. Off to the bench he goes. See you in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    Landale doing Landale things, 2 fouls in 7 minutes against more athletic players. Off to the bench he goes. See you in the 2nd half.
    Agreed. I think the athletic Zags will fare well.

Coach Randy gambling, bringing Landale back in when he felt the game slipping

SMC unimpressive in their first game. Unimpressive so far. It’s a long season but...

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    Coach Randy gambling, bringing Landale back in when he felt the game slipping
    As landale goes so goes SMC
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

The O/U on the Zag vs SMC games might be 220 points.
    Pointing out that GU blows big leads is a bannable offense

Why does the Gael mascot look like Delly w/o the mouthpiece?

Decent crowd for a game not involving a Gonzaga.

We can beat them. Sensing a split. BUT it's a long way till mid Jan. We have better talent but our team needs to be developed. Once you get past Hermanson and Landale, they look pretty average.

SMC looked good. Not frightening, but very good. Naar had a great night, Hermanson was very steady and productive. Lansdale played a good post and Neal did well.

That being said, NMSU didn't really play a great defensive game, and, aside from being hot from 3 in the first half, wasn't really able to maintain an offensive presence. I think the Zags defense is a few steps up, as is their offense.

I did almost blow beer out my nose when the announcers said the rest of the WCC was trying to keep up with Saint Mary's.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    We can beat them. Sensing a split. BUT it's a long way till mid Jan. We have better talent but our team needs to be developed. Once you get past Hermanson and Landale, they look pretty average.
    naar looked much better than last year, more like his soph year, so i think the playing through injury last season excuse is legit...but zags will be able to put melson on him if they want as smc lacks an athletic 2.

Here's how it is in my opinion: Shut down their PG and everything falls into place. Melson can do that.

Here's how it is in my opinion: Shut down their PG and everything falls into place. Melson can do that.
    Agree!

Some funny comments tonight on the this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    it's actually their second game...won first one easily.
    Yes, the second “unimpressive” in my post referenced the first half of today’s game. The first “unimpressive” related to their game against a door stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    Some funny comments tonight on the this thread.
    Early planning Don. All of us respect SMC. As things go though, we plan to win..as do your guys.

Early planning Don. All of us respect SMC. As things go though, we plan to win..as do your guys.
    You got my respect. However, most of the comments this year about the Gaels are uninformed, in my subjective opinion.

Question:

1) why was our first game a "patty cake" and GU's wasn't? Yet, multiple posts keep referring to it as such.
    2) The Gaels played very well tonight against a very decent team that also happened to shoot lights out in the 1st half.
    3)The Gaels have depth, more depth than the Zags, IMHO. You aren't going to be able to shut down one of our guys (Naar as an example) and expect to get a win.
    4) The Gaels have guys that might drop 20 on you and you'll be saying, "where did that guy come from?"

You may sweep us, but I might bet a taco or two that you won't.

5) all in good fun guys.

6) Love your enthusiasm and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    You got my respect. However, most of the comments this year about the Gaels are uninformed, in my subjective opinion.

Question:

1) why was our first game a "patty cake" and GU's wasn't? Yet, multiple posts keep referring to it as such.
    I DON'T SEE ANYONE SAYING TEXAS SOUTHERN WAS A WORLD-BEATER

2) The Gaels played very well tonight against a very decent team that also happened to shoot lights out in the 1st half.
    SURE, BUT THE 1ST HALF DEFENSE ALSO LEFT A LITTLE TO BE DESIRED

3)The Gaels have depth, more depth than the Zags, IMHO. You aren't going to be able to shut down one of our guys (Naar as an example) and expect to get a win.
    I THINK IT'S REASONABLE TO SAY THAT NAAR IS THE LINCHPIN AND SHUTTING HIM DOWN MAKES EVERYTHING ELSE MUCH EASIER

4) The Gaels have guys that might drop 20 on you and you'll be saying, "where did that guy come from?"
    HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET, OTHER THAN LANDALE, HERMANSON, AND NAAR...
    EDITED TO ADD: FORGOT ABOUT GRAD TRANSFER NEAL, BUT NOT EXACTLY "WHERE DID HE COME FROM MATERIAL"

You may sweep us, but I might bet a taco or two that you won't.

I DON'T THINK ZAGS WILL SWEEP THIS YEAR EITHER, BUT IT'S EARLY...

5) all in good fun guys.
    6) Love your enthusiasm and energy.
    agree on #6...smc needs more...go over to your board every once in a while...seems to be mostly the same few people.
    Last edited by WallaWallaZag; 11-13-2017 at 10:30 PM.

TX Southern was a 23 win team last year and made the NCAA tournament. Mike Davis says he thinks this year's team is the best one he's had. Yes better than last year's team. Hardly a pushover. Zags beat them with no trouble last week.
    Surely this year's series with SMC will be a contested one.

You're the man Don.

Thanks for your comments. My blind spot isn't for the Gaels.

(it's for BYU.....)
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..."

Default ??? that wasn't the same New Mexico State team ...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    SMC unimpressive in their first game. Unimpressive so far. It’s a long season but...
    ??? that wasn't the same New Mexico State team .....that was 28-6 last year and made the NCAA tournament was it?
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

TX Southern was a 23 win team last year and made the NCAA tournament. Mike Davis says he thinks this year's team is the best one he's had. Yes better than last year's team. Hardly a pushover. Zags beat them with no trouble last week.
    Surely this year's series with SMC will be a contested one.
    Acknowledged.

And St.Francis (PA) was picked to win the Northeast Conference title this year by the coaches. How does anyone know who the cupcakes really are (within reason) when scheduled. St.Francis (PA) was not a pushover for much of the game. They lost to USF tonight but not sure what that says about anything. I guess I am surprised.

I really can't see any WCC team (on paper) giving the Gaels or the Zags a major struggle this year unless they are able to shoot 60+ pct for much of the way.

Wow, as deep as we're not, their bench contribution was pretty underwhelming, according to the box score anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZagFan View Post
    ??? that wasn't the same New Mexico State team .....that was 28-6 last year and made the NCAA tournament was it?
    I don't know, but I'm sure Bennett shook the new coach's hand longer than he does with Few...