• Show
Clear All
  • Nevada Don
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
    SMC bench vs NMSt: 65 minutes, 21 pts, 14 rb, 3 ast

GU bench vs TSU: 58 minutes, 29 pts, 17 rb, 9 ast
    And by the way, SMC doesn't have a "bench". Apparently we have "folding chairs" so perhaps that might explain our less than stellar performance from our "folding chairs."

Comment

• Nevada Don
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
      ...SMC played a good team and couldn't maintain a lead without Landale on the floor. The Zags are going to throw waves of bigs at Jock (J3, Killian, Jacob, Rui). Landale's going to foul, going to sit, and SMC is going to lose. (Still really like the Gaels, though.)

Did the Gaels bring in that 7-1 center they redshirted last year? Expected to see him play a lot, but don't remember seeing him. (Was switching back and forth between the SMC & USF games.)

:]
      The 7'1" RSF is Jock Perry. Note, most all of our future centers from Australia must be named "Jock." Jock2 played sparingly in both games. Our backup for Jock1 is junior Jordan Hunter.

I'm sure Jock1 is already scared and nervous about having to go against all the Zag Bigs. We'll try to calm him.

Comment

• Kiddwell
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nevada Don View Post
        The 7'1" RSF is Jock Perry. Note, most all of our future centers from Australia must be named "Jock." Jock2 played sparingly in both games. Our backup for Jock1 is junior Jordan Hunter.

I'm sure Jock1 is already scared and nervous about having to go against all the Zag Bigs. We'll try to calm him.
        May I suggest a double serving of Vegemite?

:]
        Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Looks like it's gonna' be a long year, ND!

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2008

I used to hate on SMC but don’t any more. I will say though that I don’t have any sympathy for them when they miss the tournament because they put all of their eggs in one basket every year. They are a good program that should make the tournament every year with an at-large bid, but they fail to show the rest of the country how good they really are by failing to play good teams in OOC portion of their schedule.

I am of the opinion that they should play a preseason tournament every year if they have a hard time finding good home-and-home opponents.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

To spare the confusion, may I also call Jordan Hunter “Jock?.”

Comment

• kitzbuel
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                The post position at SMC is now simply referred to as 'the Jock'

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
                'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                  Looks like it's gonna' be a long year, ND!

Par for the course in Moraga.

Comment

• Nevada Don
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Apr 2012

I have texted him or Tweeted him or something and have requested he change his name to Jock3. Reverting with his reply.

Comment

• Nevada Don
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Apr 2012

I used to hate on SMC but don’t any more. I will say though that I don’t have any sympathy for them when they miss the tournament because they put all of their eggs in one basket every year. They are a good program that should make the tournament every year with an at-large bid, but they fail to show the rest of the country how good they really are by failing to play good teams in OOC portion of their schedule.

I am of the opinion that they should play a preseason tournament every year if they have a hard time finding good home-and-home opponents.
                      I agree with you that the Gael scheduling sucks and the VAST Majority of Gael fans think likewise.

The Gaels have in the past and will again this year play in a Tournament. As you may recall we were barred from participating in any Tournaments (except the WCC) for a period of 2-3 years because a) some short term rogue coach gave a kid some SMC gear, etc and b) we are not named Duke or North Carolina.

SMC will play in The Wooden Legacy starting with Harvard I believe on November 23rd. I think San Diego State is in there too.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I agree with you that the Gael scheduling sucks and the VAST Majority of Gael fans think likewise.

The Gaels have in the past and will again this year play in a Tournament. As you may recall we were barred from participating in any Tournaments (except the WCC) for a period of 2-3 years because a) some short term rogue coach gave a kid some SMC gear, etc and b) we are not named Duke or North Carolina.

SMC will play in The Wooden Legacy starting with Harvard I believe on November 23rd. I think San Diego State is in there too.
                        Not the Gaels' fault that Cal appears to suck so far.

Their OOC automatically improved once they were cleared to play tournaments.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if both the Zags and Gaels go 17-1 in conference. There's a couple of teams that could spoil that, such as USF.

Comment

Working...
                        X