Thread: My Submission for Post of the Year

Default My Submission for Post of the Year

"Let's hope the committee was watching tonight."

Found at:

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=18813085

Now that's a knowledgeable fan.

"I'd like to buy a clue, Vanna."
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..."

It seems the student section enjoyed bullying the little kid a bit too much. Keeping it classy...

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=18812898

That has to be the most screwed up and unusable board format on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    That has to be the most screwed up and unusable board format on the internet.
    What were you expecting, this is BYU.

Upon reflection, do you think maybe that was a tongue-in-cheek statement?

I'm not really sure.
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..."

At least people admonished the person making the ill-informed statement. It was funny, though

Can we be positive it wasn't snark? Like he was making fun of the people always talking big at the beginning of the year and then the outrage and excuses come flying.

I don't like Rose bc I can't countenance a team that is coached to play that dirty, and I wonder if there's been talk about expectations not being met in these tiny gyms.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Can we be positive it wasn't snark? Like he was making fun of the people always talking big at the beginning of the year and then the outrage and excuses come flying.

I don't like Rose bc I can't countenance a team that is coached to play that dirty, and I wonder if there's been talk about expectations not being met in these tiny gyms.
    Dixie,

It's your choice not to like Coach Rose but from what I have seen, HE doesn't coach his players to play "dirty" but some of his players have taken cheep shots. I remember a cheap shot taken by Harris taken against the Wake Forest Center, where he used a high elbow to clear some space...I also remember Kofusi(?) the football player trying to dismember one of our bigs (can't remember who) but I believe that was just a any lack of basketball skill of the BYU player.

"IF" Coach Few thought an opponent's coach was pushing their players to play dirty, I would think he would say something to or about the other coach, especially if there was an injury. Just my opinion...