Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BYU in trouble with Mr Emery?

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    Sandusky was raping young boys and it was ignored by Penn State higher ups-----i would say that is a million times worse than kids taking sham classes at UNC
    Your right....but second place to NC...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    When their HOF Quarterback Jim McMahon was asked about Davis's suspension for having sex....he said, the honor code was a joke, that he sent his girlfriend out so often to get beer, everyone though she was a drunk....and that if it had been Jimmer.... what would those hypocrites have done ?
    I believe he also had a quote about only dating girls who don’t gossip. He’s an odd character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Your right....but second place to NC...
    Is this in regards to NCAA or moral scandals? Because I don’t know how fake classes can ever rank higher than sexual abuse of a child.
    And this is an honest question not an attack so please do not read it as such.

11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Quote Originally Posted by primal23 View Post
    Is this in regards to NCAA or moral scandals? Because I don’t know how fake classes can ever rank higher than sexual abuse of a child.
    And this is an honest question not an attack so please do not read it as such.

??? I took it as a honest question and gave a honest answer ....I agree...I never took it as a attack ....the situation at Penn State involved criminal acts against children...people were harmed...people went to jail...the University was sued....I do not know the role the NCAA played there....

At NC the NCAA could not find there were violations even though athletes were given credit for " fake classes ". IMHO they were guilty as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by primal23 View Post
    I believe he also had a quote about only dating girls who don’t gossip. He’s an odd character.

He wanted to go to Notre Dame, but they were not interested....he said he knew he made a mistake when he got caught as a freshman drinking a beer on a golf course...was there for 5 years and finally got a degree 37 years later...love the guy..

IMHO the worse scandal in NCAA history is North Carolina....yes, I know there were sex scandals, even a murder or so and some game fixing....but those violations were committed by individuals and not ignored by the University for nearly 20 years..... I will award second place to Penn State...
    I have no idea how Penn State could be 2nd worse.
    Bring back the OCC

I am talking about the NCAA....they did their job at Penn State and penalized them.... but not enough .....they didn't at NC...

IMHO both should have got the death penalty...

With that I will quit digging....

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I have no idea how Penn State could be 2nd worse.
    Perhaps had we ALL the facts on SYRACUSE's assistant Basketball Coach...... we might be able to make comparisons.....then again, Syracuse is one of those "politically correct' institutions....... just saying'

Lone Peak 3 curse from SLC Tribune: http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2017/10...us-nick-emery/
    Every year Mark Few loses guys that you never heard of before they became a Zag and replaces them with guys you never heard of before they became a Zag. Jimmy Dykes-Maui Classic 2009

Let's not forget to add Baylor into the mix...twice. One each for the basketball and football programs.

PROVO, Utah – BYU coach Dave Rose announced today that Nick Emery has withdrawn from school. He will not play for the BYU men’s basketball team during the 2017-18 season.

"I have decided to withdraw from BYU today,” Emery said. “Unfortunately, I am mentally not where I need to be in order to perform in basketball and in school this year. As it has been made known, I went through a divorce this year and it has been really difficult for me. I have confidence that I will come back stronger and better. I have every intention on coming back to BYU and representing Cougar nation on the basketball floor. I thank everyone for their love and support, especially my teammates, coaches and the BYU administration that have been an incredible support system. Go Cougs!"

https://byucougars.com/story/m-baske...draws-from-BYU

Quote Originally Posted by KStyles View Post
    PROVO, Utah – BYU coach Dave Rose announced today that Nick Emery has withdrawn from school. He will not play for the BYU men’s basketball team during the 2017-18 season.

"I have decided to withdraw from BYU today,” Emery said. “Unfortunately, I am mentally not where I need to be in order to perform in basketball and in school this year. As it has been made known, I went through a divorce this year and it has been really difficult for me. I have confidence that I will come back stronger and better. I have every intention on coming back to BYU and representing Cougar nation on the basketball floor. I thank everyone for their love and support, especially my teammates, coaches and the BYU administration that have been an incredible support system. Go Cougs!"

https://byucougars.com/story/m-baske...draws-from-BYU
    And that's their season.

Default OT: Nick Emery Withdraws from BYU

Per Jeff Goodman, among others, Emery has withdrawn from school due to personal reasons - he is reportedly going through a divorce.

https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/stat...49157402664960

I don't wish him personal animus, but it couldn't happen to a nicer group.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    And that's their season.

Maybe they'll be better off without him. . .

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I don't wish him personal animus, but it couldn't happen to a nicer group.
    C’mon Dix, that’s a bit rough. Good luck to the Emery family.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    You're probably right.

I just don't like the dirty play, not at all, and was merely referencing the team losing a star on the eve of the season.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Dang Dix, must be pretty bad for jazz to be the ethics police.

good luck to him....he's up front with his problem and I admire him for that...

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Dang Dix, must be pretty bad for jazz to be the ethics police.
    Jazz is often right on some of these things and I trust him.

I left it pretty wide open to interpretation, and should have been more clear.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by sylean View Post
    good luck to him....he's up front with his problem and I admire him for that...
    He's going through a divorce. No mention of the free car! Not quite honest. At least he wasn't drinking or having sex, so he's OK withe the moral code!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I doubt he will ever play another game for BYU. I suspect that the current investigation was going poorly for him, that he realized this season was lost, and chose to step away entirely, rather than face the continuing scrutiny.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I doubt he will ever play another game for BYU. I suspect that the current investigation was going poorly for him, that he realized this season was lost, and chose to step away entirely, rather than face the continuing scrutiny.
    Yeah, no he's done. If he does come back, it would be at UVU, or something.

They have looked pretty good so far this season....BYU TV is really first rate....imho as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Jazz is often right on some of these things and I trust him.

I left it pretty wide open to interpretation, and should have been more clear.
    It seems to me you have no love lost for the fan base but have no ill wishes for Emery.