• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

World Series - Game 2: Astros 7 Dodgers 6 in 11....now on to game 6

That was a heck of a baseball game last night. What was it......6 home runs after the 9th inning? Series is now 1-1 as it heads to Houston.

However, the game displayed one of the things that I do not like about MLB baseball in its current incarnation: too much micromanagement by managers. See Dave Roberts (but he's not alone as a skipper).
    Last edited by CDC84; 10-30-2017, 07:42 AM.
  • webspinnre
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Really this postseason has been highly enjoyable, and the first two games of the WS have been excellent. Here's hoping for a full 7 games!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
      That was a heck of a baseball game last night. What was it......6 home runs after the 9th inning? Series is now 1-1 as it heads to Houston.

However, the game displayed one of the things that I do not like about MLB baseball in its current incarnation: too much micromanagement by managers. See Dave Roberts (but he's not alone as a skipper).
      Everything Dave has done in the playoffs has turned to gold. Until last night. Heartbreaker!
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

The balls were flying out of Dodger Stadium last night. It has been very unusually hot in L.A. for this time of year. While it's not AT&T Park in SF, I wouldn't call Dodger Stadium a launching pad. It is hardly Coors Field.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Last night's game 5 was beyond description. With the Dodgers up 4-0 and Kershaw cooking, I was certain Houston was done.

It still needs to go 7 games, but this may end being the best World Series since the 1991 series between the Braves and Twins which my grandpa said was the greatest postseason championship game or series in his entire lifetime.

Comment

• willandi
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
            Last night's game 5 was beyond description. With the Dodgers up 4-0 and Kershaw cooking, I was certain Houston was done.

It still needs to go 7 games, but this may end being the best World Series since the 1991 series between the Braves and Twins which my grandpa said was the greatest postseason championship game or series in his entire lifetime.
            Heck of a game!

The wife and I are pulling for Houston. No real reason, but it seems to vindicate their domination of the Mariners.

At least Houston won one slugfest yesterday! I was glad that the Seahawks were able to pull one out, especially at the last minute, and the 'Stros did the same thing.

I don't know if they can perform in L.A. They didn't in game 1, but were able to in game 2. Which game will Verlander pitched, and can Kershaw make it back for game 7? Those are the 2 questions burning a hole in my (baseball) brain this morning.
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
              • Feb 2007

So... I've had this nagging cough that I can't shake... so I took a couple nyquil last night. Usually doesn't make me the least bit drowsy. I then sat down to watch the rest of the game after The Walking Dead. Next thing you know it is 2 AM.... and was too tired to look up what happened. Saw final this AM
              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• bartruff1
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2010

I pretty much hate anything Texas (except the F1 race, the Minter T Birds, Carol Shelby, Jim Hall and his Chaparral Can Am cars and probably a few other things like the river walk and the Capitol , the Bushes ....).... and now.... after the Houston 1st baseman's gestures .......well it is Dodger Blue for me...

Comment

• webspinnre
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I don't have any rooting interest in the series except for good games, and boy has it delivered.

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I'm a Dodger fan.

I'm pissed.
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• bartruff1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
                      I don't have any rooting interest in the series except for good games, and boy has it delivered.
                      Come on Web....everyone has a rooting interest in everything....if you see a dog fight you pick one of the dogs....

Comment

• webspinnre
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                        Come on Web....everyone has a rooting interest in everything....if you see a dog fight you pick one of the dogs....
                        Yeah, I'm pretty weird like that. With sports I very often end up rooting for an exciting game as opposed to a particular team, if my teams aren't involved. My wife was born in Houston and went to some Astros games when she was little, so she's pulling for them. I'd be happy for her if they win, but I also have a number of friends who are Dodgers fans. Last night it was great to see it just go back and forth.

Comment

• bartruff1
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
                          Yeah, I'm pretty weird like that. With sports I very often end up rooting for an exciting game as opposed to a particular team, if my teams aren't involved. My wife was born in Houston and went to some Astros games when she was little, so she's pulling for them. I'd be happy for her if they win, but I also have a number of friends who are Dodgers fans. Last night it was great to see it just go back and forth.
                          Happy wife....happy life...

Comment

• CDC84
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Verlander tonight.....Houston has a real chance to make this a 7 game series.

Comment

Working...
                            X