Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killian Tillie getting a little hype

Default Killian Tillie getting a little hype

Dick Vitale lists Tillie as a 3rd team all-American, wow.

http://www.espn.com/espn/dickvitale/...lid-gold-teams

Kinda insane. I’m afraid Dickie V just goes with what was last on his mind and that was the NC game. Hoping Tils will make it real, however.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Dick Vitale lists Tillie as a 3rd team all-American, wow.

http://www.espn.com/espn/dickvitale/...lid-gold-teams
    And Landale as a 2nd team all-American, wow.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quite a stretch on KT for THIS season, IMO.

IF he's that good, look out!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Tillie, Rui, Williams3, Larsen (with good wheels) are all very very good. J3 should be there ahead of Tillie. It's not the front court we should worry about. When Tillie is thought of this highly, it's not for nuthin'.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Kinda insane. I’m afraid Dickie V just goes with what was last on his mind and that was the NC game. Hoping Tils will make it real, however.
    "as a huge Collins fan, as most here know, i continue to feel Tillie has as much or more pro upside than Zach...... "

This is a quote from you on a thread I started about Tillie back in May. So, what's on YOUR mind now?

I've been of the opinion that Tillie is going to be a star. I've thought so from the beginning and continue to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    "as a huge Collins fan, as most here know, i continue to feel Tillie has as much or more pro upside than Zach...... "

This is a quote from you on a thread I started about Tillie back in May. So, what's on YOUR mind now?

I've been of the opinion that Tillie is going to be a star. I've thought so from the beginning and continue to believe it.
    Still feel that way. But Zach exploded from the gate. Tils will need more time but I remain convinced he will have a terrific pro career. Injuries, of course, always loom. Put another way, Zach was a meteor, a phenom. Tils will build out and be a lotto after his jr year, at the latest.

Thanks for the homage.
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 10-24-2017 at 04:28 PM.

I saw Tillie a week ago today at the Hemmingson Center and I asked him how his ankle was as he was held out of action at Kraziness. He gave me a thumbs up and responded very good!

If not Tillie someone else, and most likely higher than 3rd team. I've believed from the beginning that this will be a very good team. Glad Vitale agrees. I would not be surprised at all if Tillie makes 3rd team AA. Not at all. nor would I be surrprised if JW3 or Hachimura do. Someone for sure will make at least 3rd team.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Of all the players on this year’s team, I think Tillie will outperform experctations more than anyone (since there seems to be so much discussion and hype surrounding other players). Two bits.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Still feel that way. But Zach exploded from the gate. Tils will need more time but I remain convinced he will have a terrific pro career. Injuries, of course, always loom. Put another way, Zach was a meteor, a phenom. Tils will build out and be a lotto after his jr year, at the latest.

Thanks for the homage.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

It is kinda nice that Dickie V has Jazz to correct him!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Collins would have been a low pick this year until the South Carolina game. That one game boosted him over the top. We knew he was a good player and likely NBA bound..............but a lottery pick? He suddenly became the apple of the NBA's eye post SC game. I'm glad he's in PDX. Deserved it. I hope he tears up the league.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Collins would have been a low pick this year until the South Carolina game. That one game boosted him over the top. We knew he was a good player and likely NBA bound..............but a lottery pick? He suddenly became the apple of the NBA's eye post SC game. I'm glad he's in PDX. Deserved it. I hope he tears up the league.
    He's barely played up to this point, but that's somewhat due to illness. We'll know in the next couple months if he made a mistake by leaving too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    He's barely played up to this point, but that's somewhat due to illness. We'll know in the next couple months if he made a mistake by leaving too early.
    next couple months??? don't think so...won't know until two-three years down the line to see if he ever develops or not. not playing this year won't invalidate his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It is kinda nice that Dickie V has Jazz to correct him!
    Im with Jazz on this one too, Dickie V is senile. One of my least favorite "analysts" around. That being said, i would love to see Tillie show up and have a monster Sophomore year, he certainly showed us all in flashes what he was capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    next couple months??? don't think so...won't know until two-three years down the line to see if he ever develops or not. not playing this year won't invalidate his decision.
    How many millions will it take to validate his decision?

Had he stayed, and blown a knee, he might never been able to go. He is making $3MIL+ this year. I would forego college for a $9-10 MIL. Not even a question. It really has nothing to do with his development. It was a prudent decision.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Cool Tillie's a good'n, but...

...J3 should be on that list before Tillie.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Had he stayed, and blown a knee, he might never been able to go. He is making $3MIL+ this year. I would forego college for a $9-10 MIL. Not even a question. It really has nothing to do with his development. It was a prudent decision.
    No doubt in my mind this is correct. I wish I could make a "multi million dollar mistake"! The risk/opportunity cost is crazy, take the money and ball!

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    Huh? This doesn't make any sense at all. Are you suggesting that Collins' decision to go to NBA was only wise if, after two to three years of playing in the NBA, he develops enough to be a good NBA player vs the alternative of staying at GU to develop his basketball skills as an unpaid college athlete playing against WCC teams? I would have loved to see him return to Gonzaga but anyone who claims it wasn't the right decision is completely selfish. The kid is making millions. Staying at GU for another year wasn't going to equate to a longer NBA career. He's getting paid NOW and will develop or not while he's cashing his paychecks

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Neil Olshey talking about Zach

Before with Dame and CJ you said there have been moments that resonated with you when you said, “That’s my guy.” Did you have that moment with Zach?

I did. I was laughing...Bill Branch and I went to the game with the University of Portland and he trailed a break, banged down a three, and then he caught the ball on the left block, got double-teamed, threw a behind-the-back, no-look pass to Tillie, and I said to Bill, “OK, Bill, we can go home, we’re done. He’s a top-ten pick.” And we knew right then. You just realize he’s a tough competitor.
    https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/6/2...llins-swanigan

you're taking my quote out of context...it was in reply to mal and i was focusing on his development, not the decision in general. some guys are able to develop in the league while others get lost in the mix and would have been better off preparing for the grind in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Huh? This doesn't make any sense at all. Are you suggesting that Collins' decision to go to NBA was only wise if, after two to three years of playing in the NBA, he develops enough to be a good NBA player vs the alternative of staying at GU to develop his basketball skills as an unpaid college athlete playing against WCC teams? I would have loved to see him return to Gonzaga but anyone who claims it wasn't the right decision is completely selfish. The kid is making millions. Staying at GU for another year wasn't going to equate to a longer NBA career. He's getting paid NOW and will develop or not while he's cashing his paychecks
    see my other reply...taking quote out of context. i should have been clear, but only referring to decision from a development perspective...not monetary.

all the replies to my offhand statement has caused me to derail the thread, so i'm bringing it back to tillie...
    at this point, i would deem it a successful season if he can just get through it without injury. that may be what is holding him back the most.

20$ Million validates any decision like that. In my mind, who care if he doesn't play 1 minute this year. He did what he thought best. good for him, but I will miss him.