Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pitino fired!

Anyone have a membership to 247sports?

There's a trending Sean Miller house raiding thread on the Wildcats board but I don't have access.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Programs are influenced tremendously by Alumni (big donors) ....if Sean has deniability with no evidence after 2 years of FBI sting....some Alumni and Administrators will defend Miller...will it be enough is the question.

"Loss of Institutional control" would fit Miller ...how bout Roy Williams?
    Roy is as dirty as anybody. Haven't believed anything from that snake in years.

As for Miller, he had recruited alongside Kentucky and Duke levels ever since he walked into the Arizona job, even though he has struggled to produce on court results at that level. I wonder how... Just remember the blueprint laid out by Pitino with his other scandal; no clue, assistants on the loose, etc. It's like listening to steroid era baseball players state that they had no clue how the substance got in their body, translation total bs.

Romar....might just be interim coach....if any of this is true....

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Anyone have a membership to 247sports?

There's a trending Sean Miller house raiding thread on the Wildcats board but I don't have access.
    You will have the financially vested folks claiming it didn't happen I'm sure but don't fall for it.

On another note keep a very close eye on the Kansas program and their landing of Cliff Alexander and Andrew Wiggins. This FBI investigation is going to get really ugly with the financial paper trail Nike/Adidas and other stupidly tracked.

MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

MCMM,

Not sure how long you've used your tag line, but a variation of one of my all time favorite lines.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    My recollection is that basketballzag is somewhat famous for having a pipeline to inside info. I'm inclined to believe what he/she says...

I did search unsuccessfully for reports about Miller's home/office being searched but found nothing.

I may be a dummy (likely am) but I like Sean Miller and feel he's been a friend to the Gonzaga program, so hard news of him being found to be dirty would make me sad ....
    +1. I was really looking forward to Gonzaga and Arizona resuming their home and home series after a mini break this season and next season due to both teams being in the Maui Invitational.

GU schedulers need to get on the phone with UCLA to get another home and home going. I know Alford said that he wanted to do another home and home with GU.

I doubt Miller cared about $10 K or higher when he's already got a package worth $5 million. Who in their right mind would tinker with his position or package for a mere $100 K or so? BUT it's hard to believe he knew NOTHING about his assistants with new cars, houses, swimming pool and the usual adornments of wealthy. Something simply doesn't add up. It may be this junk isn't illegal ( ie no laws broken) but unethical as heck.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawild...4d605dc57.html

Cant believe it took this long for them to really release any statement or for the AD/Prez to voice their support. Really makes you wonder what all was going on behind the scenes.

Default Statement

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawild...4d605dc57.html

Cant believe it took this long for them to really release any statement or for the AD/Prez to voice their support. Really makes you wonder what all was going on behind the scenes.

Probably wanted to make darn sure that they looked for all of the landmines before they issued a statement of support.

Report: Rick Pitino took in 98 percent of the cash from Louisville's current Adidas deal

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...nt-adidas-deal

Slick Rick is leaving a very rich man.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Report: Rick Pitino took in 98 percent of the cash from Louisville's current Adidas deal

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...nt-adidas-deal

Slick Rick is leaving a very rich man.
    And in a year or two, all will be forgotten and he'll be a hero. Money makes short memories. He'll be playing golf with OJ.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    And in a year or two, all will be forgotten and he'll be a hero. Money makes short memories. He'll be playing golf with OJ.
    Could be golfing with OJ in 10-20, with time off for good behavior!

If some of the assistants charged are facing lengthy prison time, I would expect them to roll over. If Pitino got 98% of the Adidas money, I surely would tell all to avoid prison.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Could be golfing with OJ in 10-20, with time off for good behavior!

If some of the assistants charged are facing lengthy prison time, I would expect them to roll over. If Pitino got 98% of the Adidas money, I surely would tell all to avoid prison.
    After reading the article, I believe what Pitino got from Adidas was legit though egregious. The headline is misleading.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

It is official now, Louisville Athletic Association votes to terminate Pitino's contract.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...nd-to-believe/
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    It is official now, Louisville Athletic Association votes to terminate Pitino's contract.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...nd-to-believe/
    http://www.businessinsider.com/louis...candal-2017-10

The Plot thickens, apparently Pitino texted Gatto after the FBI report came out, but there were also deleted messages. The attorney tried to claim the date on the text was the date the message was copied.

My take on this whole scandal.....

First of all, good god was it time for Pitino to be caught and dealt with! On the other hand, this whole scandal, I fear, will spread so far and wide that the NCAA will just ignore the whole thing. For it to have teeth, we all need a Felony conviction by the Feds for people to really take notice. Yes there will be more firings but why? We know that without the actual legal stuff, the NCAA and that bumbling idiot Mark Emmert will do absolutely nothing about all this because they don't have any rules to deal with any of it. So Arizona may vacate wins or something like that, what have they actually won? and they cheat!

the whole thing makes me sick!

Whatever happened to Seannie Miller being on the brink?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Whatever happened to Seannie Miller being on the brink?
    The FBI works at its own pace. I have seen where they raid computers and IT equipment and then bring charges over a year later. The charges are pretty iron clad when they bring them.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

When Pitino gets inducted into the Swarmy Weasel Hall of Fame, do you think he will wear his all white suit?

Quote Originally Posted by jbslicer View Post
    When Pitino gets inducted into the Swarmy Weasel Hall of Fame, do you think he will wear his all white suit?
    He'll probably be wearing his "Lawsuit".
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.