Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Corruption Charges

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I don't like the sound of the name "Book" Richardson......
    OK Dano!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    IMO, it's time to send Pitino packin'. Yet he is deified by Dickie V and other "analysts."

A bit O/T, but it chaps my hide when those lower on the totem pole take the heat for those up higher. Not just in college sports, you see it in the military and federal government, too.

The military has been suffering through a rash of general officers abusing their positions of authority.
    Barely been able to work today with all the energy ive been putting into talking down all these Louisville fans off the ledge. Its a dark day here in Kentucky. Lots of fans very angry and calling for Pitinos head on a spike now, lol.

Jazz's love of Slick Ricky Pitino and his L'Ville program has only increased

It is worth reminding people that Bruce Pearl coaches at Auburn. He doesn't exactly have a clean record with the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Barely been able to work today with all the energy ive been putting into talking down all these Louisville fans off the ledge. Its a dark day here in Kentucky. Lots of fans very angry and calling for Pitinos head on a spike now, lol.
    Maybe they could get some hookers...wait. Tried that and it was bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    It's worth reminding people that Bruce Pearl coaches at Auburn. We know about his misdeeds while at Tennessee.
    I think Auburn's reaction will be the same as Miami's; "Thank God it's not the football program!"
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    "Auburn suspends Chuck Person without pay over bribery scandal"

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...ibery-scandal/
    I really like Bruce Pearl, but after his problems @ Tennessee, he may not get any "benefit of the doubt" here.

Edit: Posted this while on page #2. CDC mentioned the same in the post above.
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Just tweak that idea a little, will. Louisville can send some hookers to the NCAA offices. I'm sure all will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    As in Robert Parrish to Centenary??? Ok, that was a few years ago...
    Haha no, but there are a few others I would be highly suspicious of right now... Also on the same note was anyone else surprised that the unnamed school in Kentucky...was not Kentucky?

"FBI brings Armageddon to college basketball, and it's just the tip of the iceberg"

https://sports.yahoo.com/fbi-brings-...184524346.html

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Just tweak that idea a little, will. Louisville can send some hookers to the NCAA offices. I'm sure all will be well.
    LMAO So true. Think Emmert could handle that?

Quote Originally Posted by btzag View Post
    Haha no, but there are a few others I would be highly suspicious of right now... Also on the same note was anyone else surprised that the unnamed school in Kentucky...was not Kentucky?
    A little bit. True

So I suppose the NCAA now comes down hard on................the Hilltopper's? Condolences to our old friend 83.

LMAO So true. Think Emmert could handle that?
    Slick Ricky Pitino will say that he has been "extorted."

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    So I suppose the NCAA now comes down hard on................the Hilltopper's? Condolences to our old friend 83.
    You know what's funny about UK....apparently their men's team has a very high Academic Progress Report (APR) rating. But that's just kids promising to Calipari that they will stick out the 2nd semester to complete their ball room dancing and meditation classes.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I think Auburn's reaction will be the same as Miami's; "Thank God it's not the football program!"
    Auburns just thrilled to called "elite basketball program"

A quote from the Wetzel article:

Our investigation is ongoing,” FBI assistant director Bill Sweeney warned. “And we are currently conducting interviews.”

“If you yourself engaged in these activities, I’d encourage you to call us,” said Kim, the Acting U.S. Attorney. “I think it’s better than us calling you.”

Dana O'Neil‏Verified account @DanaONeilWriter 17m17 minutes ago

Arizona statement says Book Richardson suspended immediately and "relieved of all duties.''

I swear a sportswriter is going to do a typo and call him Bookie Richardson.

Nice one! Hilarious thread

It was obvious and inevitable that it is Louisville.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress 9m9 minutes ago
    Replying to @DraftExpress
    The director of Nassir Little's AAU team is currently in jail, and there's a decent chance Little is among those named in FBI/DOJ complaint.

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress 12m12 minutes ago
    Two NCAA coaches involved in the recruitment of Nassir Little told me they had backed off this week as it became clear he was Arizona-bound.

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress 12m12 minutes ago
    Now the question is will they try to get back into the mix with the top-10 recruit? Will he ever be deemed eligible by the NCAA after today?

I doubt this is widespread.....maybe 10 paces. One thing though, We aren't even getting a whiff of scandal and won't. Zona and USC should be quaking in their booties. In some ways, I'm wondering if UW will be cited. Romar got the best kids to come to a loser program. Especially this last thing with the Missouri bound kids.....Some of this HAS to involved hiring Dad's to be sure the kids come. When big money's in the loop, it seems bad things happen. Crazy salaries and who knows what's given to parents on the side from "uninvolved" boosters. Makes me wonder.

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 4m4 minutes ago

Arizona has postponed its men's basketball media day -- which was set for tomorrow. Probably a smart idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 4m4 minutes ago

Arizona has postponed its men's basketball media day -- which was set for tomorrow. Probably a smart idea.
    Come on Sean Miller! What do YOU have to hide. I’m sure you new NOTHING about what was going on with your assistants