Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Corruption Charges

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Any Adidas schools in the WCC? SMC? I thought all but SMC were Nike schools.
    The indictment includes Nike and Under Armour schools as well. This is way bigger than Adidas.

Bland, a former coach at San Diego State, brought a reputation as a star recruiter to USC.

In the court papers, the FBI says that Bland met in July with a sports agent, Christian Dawkins, in a hotel room in Las Vegas to talk about signing two USC players, a rising freshman who had just committed to the school, and a rising sophomore. The players were not identified in the documents.

Bland was paid $13,000 secretly provided by the government and the meeting in the hotel room was secretly recorded on video, the charges state. Bland also arranged for meetings with family members for the purpose of paying them.

“I definitely can get the players…. And I can definitely mold the players and put them in the lap of you guys,” Bland said, according to the documents.

“…Obviously we have a couple opportunities, where we have a gold mine over here,” Bland said, according to the FBI.

Complaint against coaches in college basketball corruption probe

Jim Gatto, director of global sports marketing for Adidas Basketball, was among those arrested. He's accused of helping funnel approximately $100,000 to the family of an "All-American high school basketball player" to secure the prospect's commitment to a school that Adidas sponsors. According to documents, the prospect committed in June. The only "All-American high school basketball player" who committed to a school Adidas sponsors in June is Brian Bowen. He's now enrolled at Louisville.
    wonder how deep the iceberg

BBallGate........Just Follow The Money.

More reasons to dislike Arizona basketball, Oh Sean how do you do it? by letting your top assistance buy all your top recruits. SHAME. Don't tell us you did not know about this.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/recrui...agley-bol-zion

Louisville is effed. Quote of the indictment: "no one swings a bigger d!*k than 'Coach -2' (Louisville's coach) at 'Company 1' (Adidas)"
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

yep

The indictment says it was a commitment to UL on June 3 that was subject of bribe..it looks like Brian Bowen committed on June 3.

Brian Bowen shocked almost everybody when he committed to Louisville last week, and even Rick Pitino was surprised with the Cardinals landing the five-star small forward.

Bowen didn't include Louisville on any of his five official visits, and practically every recruiting analyst didn't have the ACC program associated with the talented wing as his decision day loomed.

"We got lucky on this one," Pitino told Terry Meiners of News Radio 840. "I had an AAU director call me and ask me if I'd be interested in a player (Bowen). I saw him against another great player from Indiana. I said 'Yeah, I'd be really interested.' They had to come in unofficially, pay for their hotel, pay for their meals. We spent zero dollars recruiting a five-star athlete who I loved when I say him play. In my 40 years of coaching this is the luckiest I've been."

Once corruption gets a foothold, it's extremely difficult to get rid of. Let's hope this is just a start to cleaning up the whole process!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Louisville is effed. Quote of the indictment: "no one swings a bigger d!*k than 'Coach -2' (Louisville's coach) at 'Company 1' (Adidas)"
    IMO, it's time to send Pitino packin'. Yet he is deified by Dickie V and other "analysts."

A bit O/T, but it chaps my hide when those lower on the totem pole take the heat for those up higher. Not just in college sports, you see it in the military and federal government, too.

The military has been suffering through a rash of general officers abusing their positions of authority.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    More sanctions to follow for Pacific?
    I said it time and time again, we never should have allowed Pacific back into the WCC...this is all their fault!

didn't make sense why Arizona was not playing in PK80......now it does

Data collection and mining, combined with Artificial Intelligence will be able to identify statically improbable events....so it will be more and more difficult to cheat in the future...all you will have to do is ask Alexa....

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    They were losing Nike recruits to Adidas. Nike doesn't tolerate that.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

for those that use face of book.....entire news conference .....LINK

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    Once corruption gets a foothold, it's extremely difficult to get rid of. Let's hope this is just a start to cleaning up the whole process!
    Yeah!!! We need to Drain the Swamp!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Sure like Sean Miller & Arizona. Hope none of this rubs off on him.

:[
    Give me a break! He will say he didn’t know...but he knows what’s going on in and around his program. Dirty!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    This has nothing to do with that. You can only have two teams from each conference and Phil Knight has deep connections to Oregon and Stanford. Knight went to business school at Stanford and just last year donated $400 Million to a scholarship fund. His connections simply left Arizona as the odd one out or they would have been included for sure.

from comment on CBS sports page

If the NCAA was running this investigation they would have suspended assistants at Florida Gulf Coast, Niagara, Phoenix University and North Dakota State University School of Art and Fishing to show how tough they are.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Tony Bland was at SDSU....'nuff said. The magician behind Fisher's "success."
    Interesting... it seemed odd how well Fisher was doing down there. I thought it had to be more than just the weather.

I must say, this has been a pretty entertaining thread, thus far.
    But we don't play nobody.

"Auburn suspends Chuck Person without pay over bribery scandal"

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...ibery-scandal/

First I've heard about any of this. Disappointing to say the least.

I am just completely shocked that USC, Arizona and Louisville are involved in this stuff... wonder if this helps explain a little of our struggle to get highly ranked us players to our program or our o-fer on guards from the state of California.

Also a good lesson for people to remember...when a program is suddenly blowing up in recruiting and landing tons of top kids when they haven't done it in the past, there is usually something fishy going on.

"USC hires former FBI director Freeh to investigate, Tony Bland placed on leave"

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...aced-on-leave/

I don't like the sound of the name "Book" Richardson......