Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Corruption Charges

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    “Indefinitely” is a weasel word. Boy Scout Alford will continue to take the temperature of public opinion and mete out as little punishment as the market will bear. Don’t be beguiled, it could be as little as 5-10 games. They should be bounced. UC Sam Gilbert U never had a moral center, and that includes Saint John the Wooden. Plus they’re in the amoral capital of the world. The fact this occurred in China was a godsend to these thieves. They skate on any legal charge and actually were met w some empathy by P12 commissioner Scott and others. Had this happened in Chicago or NYC, they’d be toast.
    Oh, no argument on this point. I just expected them to announce a game or two suspension and call it a day.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

I was thinking along those lines Bogo. Should let 'em play now, suspend them for Conference games.

The best way to get a kid's attention is to have his/her teammates pissed at him/her.
    But we don't play nobody.

They'd probably end up being out longer if a booster had purchased the items for them.

Footage of the shoplifting released.........

https://twitter.com/HoopMixOnly/stat...02195578527746

Default Get real with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Wait a minute jazz...Duke suspended Grayson Allen indefinitely after trying to tackle a player on the court. Allen missed a total of one game...so then the definition of indefinitely must be "one!" Right?

Also, Josh was suspended for the balance of the season and also had to earn his way back on the team and he "only" took shrooms not expensive sunglasses...it will be curious to see if they are kept out of any conference or games against ranked opponents.
    ...to claim Grayson Allen tried to "tackle" a player on the court is pretty harsh....what he did was wrong but was only worthy of a 1 game suspension...any more would have been overkill. What these players did was terrible on an "international" level and should have a much harsher punishment. Suspend them 5-10 games in my book and the best solution would be to suspend them for the year (make it a red-shirt)...not sure if these players were of the quality to be "1 and done" ...

I also wonder if the Josh and the "shrooms" thing happened today would the punishment be as harsh...seems like our country has loosened up a bit with pot being legal in so many states and the stigma with doing what he did might be less...
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZagFan View Post
    ...to claim Grayson Allen tried to "tackle" a player on the court is pretty harsh....what he did was wrong but was only worthy of a 1 game suspension...any more would have been overkill. What these players did was terrible on an "international" level and should have a much harsher punishment. Suspend them 5-10 games in my book and the best solution would be to suspend them for the year (make it a red-shirt)...not sure if these players were of the quality to be "1 and done" ...

I also wonder if the Josh and the "shrooms" thing happened today would the punishment be as harsh...seems like our country has loosened up a bit with pot being legal in so many states and the stigma with doing what he did might be less...
    Associated Press article dated 21 Dec 2016, "...Allen sat at his locker, his head hanging and voice barely registering much louder than a whisper. He couldn't explain to a crowd of reporters huddled around him why he had "TRIPPED" an opponent during a game for the THIRD time in a year." The incident in question came against Virginia Tech, where Duke lost. After this incident, Coach K suspended him indefinitely and that actually meant a "one game suspension!" You say one game was enough, well after the 3rd incident just one game...that is what BYU handed out a one game suspension to Emery for punching a player. We all thought that was simply not enough but...

Allen had three incidents in one year and most thought it would have been two-three games but wound up only a single game...

My point was the word "indefinite" and the different meaning that words has with other coaches.

Also, Josh was suspended indefinitely by Coach Few right before a conference game for using a banned substance. Josh had to "prove" to to his teammates as well as the staff that he was a changed man...I believe if that incident would have occurred "today," Coach Few would have as stringent a penalty as he instituted back then. The difference is that GU isn't just another school but has "character" and totally believes in the student-athlete and teaching that person skills to help them be successful in their lives.

IMO if GU was playing in China and three of GU's players had been caught "stealing" I have little doubt Coach Few and GU would at the very least, suspend them for the year or just asked them to find another school.

You will go insane trying to compare the morality of GU and the HC vs what occurs at so many CBB and CFB programs around the country. Just be thankful next Thursday and all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Associated Press article dated 21 Dec 2016, "...Allen sat at his locker, his head hanging and voice barely registering much louder than a whisper. He couldn't explain to a crowd of reporters huddled around him why he had "TRIPPED" an opponent during a game for the THIRD time in a year." The incident in question came against Virginia Tech, where Duke lost. After this incident, Coach K suspended him indefinitely and that actually meant a "one game suspension!" You say one game was enough, well after the 3rd incident just one game...that is what BYU handed out a one game suspension to Emery for punching a player. We all thought that was simply not enough but...

Allen had three incidents in one year and most thought it would have been two-three games but wound up only a single game...

My point was the word "indefinite" and the different meaning that words has with other coaches.

Also, Josh was suspended indefinitely by Coach Few right before a conference game for using a banned substance. Josh had to "prove" to to his teammates as well as the staff that he was a changed man...I believe if that incident would have occurred "today," Coach Few would have as stringent a penalty as he instituted back then. The difference is that GU isn't just another school but has "character" and totally believes in the student-athlete and teaching that person skills to help them be successful in their lives.

IMO if GU was playing in China and three of GU's players had been caught "stealing" I have little doubt Coach Few and GU would at the very least, suspend them for the year or just asked them to find another school.
    Given that UCLA had such a close game that went to overtime, they will be reinstated shortly I imagine. Alford doesn’t have a history of discipline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawild...972e1f6de.html

Emanuel “Book” Richardson pleaded not guilty Wednesday in a New York City federal court to charges of bribery, soliciting bribes and various acts of fraud while recruiting players to the Arizona Wildcats.
    If convicted, Richardson — Sean Miller’s longest-tenured assistant coach — could face up to 60 years in prison and pay up to $1.5 million in fines. Richardson is one of four prominent college basketball coaches implicated in the federal case.
    "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

FBI claims Michigan man is at center of massive college basketball corruption scandal

"If they were going to send a message and go get an agent, they probably should have gone and gotten an agent," Haney said. "Not a runner. Not a 24-year-old kid who lives with his mom and dad, who doesn't even have a college degree."

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Haney said the FBI is charging Dawkins to make an example of a small fish in an ocean of corruption.
    Arresting him is the quickest way to get him to talk about the big fish.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Holy cow, doesn't anybody proofread anymore? The article reads like it was written by a bot.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Yahoo! Sports is reporting some behavior issues on the part of an undercover agent may jeopardize the corruption investigtion as it plods along:

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-hoo...232134624.html

But in the micro, a case predicated on some pretzel legal logic got a little more twisted this week. The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday morning that an FBI agent involved in the case in an undercover capacity is under criminal investigation for misappropriating money for drinking, gambling and eating. Ultimately, the Journal reported, it could compromise the FBI agent’s ability to serve as a witness for the prosecution.

Suddenly, a case that’s shrouded the entire college basketball season and sport now carries a shroud of its own.

To the fresh-faced young assistant U.S. Attorneys tasked with prosecuting this case, this is the equivalent of a stiff jab to their Yale chins.

“This is a bad development for the prosecution,” said a person with direct knowledge of the case. “The general public and sports fans were promised a bill of goods by the prosecutors. It’s pretty clear early on in this case, they’re not the white knights they said they were.”

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas