Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Corruption Charges

Default Corruption Charges

"There will be a press conference today at noon to announce charges of fraud and corruption in college basketball. Federal criminal charges have been brought against ten people, including four college basketball coaches, as well as managers, financial advisors, and representatives of a major international sportswear company. The press conference will be livestreamed on Facebook @USAOSDNY."

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...nce-advisory-2

Andy Katz Retweeted
    Tom Winter‏Verified account @Tom_Winter 30m30 minutes ago
    More
    BREAKING NEWS / NBC: The FBI has arrested several NCAA asst. basketball coaches in a corruption scheme. Presser @ 12n with U.S. Attorney

BREAKING MORE: Emanuel Richardson of Arizona is also a coach who has been charged in the corruption scheme according to court docs.

BREAKING: Lamont Evans of Oklahoma State and Chuck Person of Auburn University are two of the coaches charged in corruption scheme.

MORE: The fourth coach charged in the scheme announced by the U.S. Attorney's office is Tony Bland of USC

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Jim Gatto, one of the Adidas' head basketball honchos, being arrested is huge news. Could mean some big names in college are about to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    "There will be a press conference today at noon to announce charges of fraud and corruption in college basketball. Federal criminal charges have been brought against ten people, including four college basketball coaches, as well as managers, financial advisors, and representatives of a major international sportswear company. The press conference will be livestreamed on Facebook @USAOSDNY."

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...nce-advisory-2

Andy Katz Retweeted
    Tom Winter‏Verified account @Tom_Winter 30m30 minutes ago
    More
    BREAKING NEWS / NBC: The FBI has arrested several NCAA asst. basketball coaches in a corruption scheme. Presser @ 12n with U.S. Attorney

BREAKING MORE: Emanuel Richardson of Arizona is also a coach who has been charged in the corruption scheme according to court docs.

BREAKING: Lamont Evans of Oklahoma State and Chuck Person of Auburn University are two of the coaches charged in corruption scheme.

MORE: The fourth coach charged in the scheme announced by the U.S. Attorney's office is Tony Bland of USC

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Jim Gatto, one of the Adidas' head basketball honchos, being arrested is huge news. Could mean some big names in college are about to drop.
    More sanctions to follow for Pacific?

"Four college basketball assistant coaches have been named in an alleged corruption scandal, according to documents released by the U.S. District Attorney in New York on Tuesday morning.

Arizona’s Book Richardson, USC’s Tony Bland, Auburn’s Chuck Person and Oklahoma State’s Lamont Evans were the four coaches charged with fraud and corruption.

Managers, financial advisers and representatives of a major international sportswear company are also involved in the investigation. Jim Gatto, an executive with Adidas, was arrested, as was Christian Dawkins, a former NBA agent who was fired from ASM Sports after he used a player’s credit card to run up $42,000 of charges on Uber.

A press conference will be held at noon to discuss the charges."

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...ption-scandal/

University of Louisville appears linked to federal fraud probe of college basketball

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36454113/u...ege-basketball

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    HAHAHA...Funny! Also possibly true. However, I think they will find a different WCC team this time.

It would seem that any recruits that are trying to decide between the Zags and USC or Arizona, might do well to not pick the one likely to get sanctions.
    It's not funny.

Tony Bland was at SDSU....'nuff said. The magician behind Fisher's "success."

Arizonas Book Richardson

"Richardson’s East Coast ties have been instrumental in securing players such as Lamont ‘Momo’ Jones, Parrom, Hollis-Jefferson and Alkins. His work has made UA a national threat when on the recruiting circuit and he is viewed as a highly respected recruiter among some the best in the nation."

"Talent like NBA first-round picks Derrick Williams, Aaron Gordon, Stanley Johnson and Hollis-Jefferson were all engaged with Richardson during the recruiting process."

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/artic...cruiting-trail

Seannie? Seacatfan? Hellloooooo?????

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    That's good.

"According to court documents, Evans, Richardson and Bland all allegedly received benefits from Dawkins and Sood to influence student-athletes to retain their services."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...aud-corruption

University of Louisville appears linked to federal fraud probe of college basketball

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36454113/u...ege-basketball
    "The schools were not named, though one was described as “a public research university located in Kentucky” with approximately 22,640 students. The other school was described as “a private research university located in Florida” with approximately 16,000 students."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d3556b01de28

Looks like Larranaga was getting some help at Miami, too.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

At last, the chickens are coming home to roost

Unhappy

Arizonas Book Richardson

"Richardson’s East Coast ties have been instrumental in securing players such as Lamont ‘Momo’ Jones, Parrom, Hollis-Jefferson and Alkins. His work has made UA a national threat when on the recruiting circuit and he is viewed as a highly respected recruiter among some the best in the nation."

"Talent like NBA first-round picks Derrick Williams, Aaron Gordon, Stanley Johnson and Hollis-Jefferson were all engaged with Richardson during the recruiting process."

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/artic...cruiting-trail
    Sure like Sean Miller & Arizona. Hope none of this rubs off on him.

:[
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Sure like Sean Miller & Arizona. Hope none of this rubs off on him.

:[
    How can it not?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    How can it not?
    Exactly what I was typing in response too Jazz. Head coaches get paid the big bucks to be accountable for their program. The Rick Pitino " I didn't know about it" defense is not legit...you're paid to know about it
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

What a blessing to have a coaching staff that does things the right way...I have every confidence this stuff just doesn't happen at GU.

Ooo! It looks like there were meetings "surreptitiously videotaped by the FBI". I hope that gets out so we can all see.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

So - what are the odds that Taeshon Cherry (USC) and Brandon Williams (UoA) re-open their recruiting? Seems like there's going to have to be some sort of punishment for the programs...

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Ooo! It looks like there were meetings "surreptitiously videotaped by the FBI". I hope that gets out so we can all see.
    Abscam, Jerry! Abscam!

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    So - what are the odds that Taeshon Cherry (USC) and Brandon Williams (UoA) re-open their recruiting? Seems like there's going to have to be some sort of punishment for the programs...
    Now you are going way too far. These jerks will be sacrificed and the rest will be swept under the rug outside the ADs' offices. Check out Jay Bilas' whitewash statement now on ESPN: "It won't affect recruitment....."

Any Adidas schools in the WCC? SMC? I thought all but SMC were Nike schools.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I am interested in seeing how Arizona (Nike) and South Carolina (Under Armor) are linked.
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Agreed. Very odd.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I wonder if they were the same meetings with Mayor Berry snorting Coke with hookers?
    It's not funny.

The charges are are for accepting bribes to steer students to agents and advisers of the apparel company.

Authorities say that Person agreed to accept $50,000 in bribes from a cooperating witness for the government in exchange for using his position at Auburn to steer student-athletes to retain the services of an agent. https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...n-fraud-scheme

Link to affidavit. Look at page 2.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...98756/download
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time