Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 114

Thread: What are you watching?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,231

    Default What are you watching?

    I just started watching Boardwalk Empire. I'm on episode 10 in season 1 and I'm hooked. My wife and I watch one to two episodes a night. We just finished the Wire and needed something to replace it. I'm glad Omar is in bother shows.
    Bring back the OCC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,677

    Default

    The Wire is a hard one to top.

    "Where's Wallace at? ... Where's the boy, String?"

    I've been faithfully watching Dexter for years, but the wife is a bit squeamish for that kind of genre. I went on a week-long trip a couple of months ago, and she thought she might watch an episode or two to see if she might be interested. Turns out she watched 5 full seasons before I got back.

    Outside of The Wire, probably my favorite series was Firefly. Sadly, some idiot exec at Fox cancelled the show after the first season, just when it was exploding in popularity (Interestingly, they also aired the episodes in the wrong order, confusing viewers about the overall story). Technically, it's sci-fi, but it's actually more of a space western drama. Really great characters and stories. If you haven't seen it, it's well worth it (as well as the feature movie Serenity, which follows up on the initial series). Definitely in my book.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    The Wire is a hard one to top.

    "Where's Wallace at? ... Where's the boy, String?"

    I've been faithfully watching Dexter for years, but the wife is a bit squeamish for that kind of genre. I went on a week-long trip a couple of months ago, and she thought she might watch an episode or two to see if she might be interested. Turns out she watched 5 full seasons before I got back.

    Outside of The Wire, probably my favorite series was Firefly. Sadly, some idiot exec at Fox cancelled the show after the first season, just when it was exploding in popularity (Interestingly, they also aired the episodes in the wrong order, confusing viewers about the overall story). Technically, it's sci-fi, but it's actually more of a space western drama. Really great characters and stories. If you haven't seen it, it's well worth it (as well as the feature movie Serenity, which follows up on the initial series). Definitely in my book.
    Thanks for the recommendation on Firefly. I will have to check to see if it's on netflix.

    The Wire is one of my favorite shows. I kind of want to watch it again.
    Bring back the OCC

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,743

    Default

    The Wire was great. We cut HBO so I never finished Boardwalk.

    We just started Low Winter Sun, which seems pretty good.

    I really like the Netflix original House of Cards.
    Go Zags!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    The Wire was great. We cut HBO so I never finished Boardwalk.

    We just started Low Winter Sun, which seems pretty good.

    I really like the Netflix original House of Cards.
    I agree House of Cards was good. I hope there will be a second season. Low Winter Sun sounds interesting from what I just read on the internets. I'll have to suggest that one to my wife.
    Bring back the OCC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation on Firefly. I will have to check to see if it's on netflix.

    The Wire is one of my favorite shows. I kind of want to watch it again.
    Firefly is on Netflix!!!!!! Worth the time to watch.
    "None of you have to go....but we are the only help they have."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    59,323

    Default

    Good thread.

    When I get a chance will definitely check some of these shows.

    The last mini series that we actually got hooked on was "WEEDS", we would watch like several episodes per day and after we watched the whole thing, we would watch over and over from the beginning.


    __________________

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,197

    Default

    I am starting to get my wife into Arrested Development.
    "None of you have to go....but we are the only help they have."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    The Wire is a hard one to top.

    "Where's Wallace at? ... Where's the boy, String?"
    You're my new best friend because... I... LOVE... THE WIRE. DeAngelo was my favorite character, so I always think of that specific scene whenever I think of the show.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofZagineer View Post
    I am starting to get my wife into Arrested Development.
    Tremendous decision. I actually have a poster of Gob Bluth up in my office -- and I'm talking about my work office, not some home office where no one else will see it.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,231

    Default

    Top Gear USA on the History Channel is awesome. It has me laughing the entire time and they do some really cool stunts. The episode I'm watching right now they had to make rugged convertibles in Alaska. My wife is sitting next to me laughing as hard as me.

    Bring back the OCC

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,122

    Default

    House of Cards and Boardwalk Empire are both solid, though I'm way behind on BE. About to watch the season premiere for Sons of Anarchy.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,231

    Default

    It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

    It wouldn't be fall without it.
    Bring back the OCC

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tacoma WA
    Posts
    10,752

    Default

    The Blacklist. Spader is awesome just like he was in Pretty in Pink.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

    Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

    No Foo for You!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UberZagFan View Post
    The Blacklist. Spader is awesome just like he was in Pretty in Pink.
    I agree best new show on tv.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,631

    Default

    Hitler's Children

    Great documentary of 1st and 2nd generation children of very high level Nazis like Goering, Hess, Himmler, etc.

    Can be found on Netflix.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,231

    Default

    How to train your dragon

    This probably one of my favorite kids movies
    Bring back the OCC

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,338

    Default

    Iron Bowl.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    45,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
    Iron Bowl.
    yup

    WTF was the Michigan coach thinking ?? Tie the damn game and take your chances in OT. Sheesh, , ,


    Basketball Web Sites Listing

    "The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    45,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Hitler's Children

    Great documentary of 1st and 2nd generation children of very high level Nazis like Goering, Hess, Himmler, etc.

    Can be found on Netflix.
    Perfect Halloween flick


    Basketball Web Sites Listing

    "The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    45,412

    Default

    The Iron Bowl is living up to the hype !!

    WOW, what a finish.

    Maybe Nick Saban will shut the eff up about his "process." His system apparently doesn't include special teams. . .


    Basketball Web Sites Listing

    "The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,231

    Default

    Season 2 house of cards came out today!
    Bring back the OCC

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Season 2 house of cards came out today!
    Curious if you watched Firefly.

    Wife & I binged on Breaking Bad -- start to finish. It was very good.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Curious if you watched Firefly.

    Wife & I binged on Breaking Bad -- start to finish. It was very good.
    My wife and I just did that too. Netflix didn't have all of the last season so we paid $2.99 an episode on AppleTV to watch the last 8 episodes. I keep meaning to watch Firefly. Thank you for reminding me. My brother is really into that show too.
    Bring back the OCC

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,231

    Default

    True detective
    Bring back the OCC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •