Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Dominick Harris

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Wade, Ravet, Harris......a disturbing trend.

Dec/2017: The Pacifica Christian/Orange County varsity basketball team lost Saturday's neutral tournament game against Bishop's (La Jolla, CA) by a score of 74-35. FWIW, I think Bishop's, the best HS in SD, plays 3 man basketball. Sarcasm alert. Still, we'd have to fight off Abilene Christian and Denver.
    You're never happy unless you're unhappy so you will be ecstatic when Liam Loyd gets a scholarship; hours and hours of endless Debbie Downer posting for you ahead, you'll be in heaven. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You're never happy unless you're unhappy so you will be ecstatic when Liam Loyd gets a scholarship; hours and hours of endless Debbie Downer posting for you ahead, you'll be in heaven. LOL
    Just the facts, Spy. Just the facts. BTW, what does young Liam have to do with yet another undersized, targeted PG recruit putting up numbers against D level HS kids? And, I am sure GU offers tuition remission for employees so he won't need a scholly.

Harris would be a wonderful get, yet feel we are wasting our time with him. Coach Few was just interviewed as addressing how the Final 4 run has increased their recruiting net, yet also wasting more time with recruits wasting our time. Listing us just to list us or gain recognition. Not saying this is the case here, but just an example.

I love that we're on him early, as he continues to grow and dominate his fellow competition (has scored 40 & 50 pts several times), but he's a So Cal kid with So Cal roots.

I have a feeling he's sitting, waiting, wishing for USC, UCLA, Stanford, even SDSU to express some serious mutual interest.

We've shown a big-time interest in this kid, Coach Few himself, Daniels a couple wks ago during SDSU game, now Lloyd in person. You never know, and we are laying heavy groundwork, but also shining a light on him.

Just a matter of time before one of his hometown schools offer him. Just tough to pull a life-long beach goer to Spokane. Its been done, but since Austin Daye. And Daye lived a bit inland in Irvine, this kid lives in New Port Beach!

No coincidence his schools of interest are: Cal, Gonzaga, UCLA, USC, Stanford, SDSU, and nearly every So Cal school

Thus far, Harris has UNOFFICIALLY visited: Cal, SDSU (right after we lost to them & it was his 2nd visit), UCLA (a second visit), USD, USC, LMU, & Pepperdine.

Recruiting trail: https://247sports.com/Player/Dominic...TimelineEvents

I hope I eat crow, yet this kid ain't leavin' Southern California by the time 2020 rolls around.

Just the facts, Spy. Just the facts. BTW, what does young Liam have to do with yet another undersized, targeted PG recruit putting up numbers against D level HS kids? And, I am sure GU offers tuition remission for employees so he won't need a scholly.
    What "facts"? That we have shown interest in smaller point guards? Why is that disturbing? There's an old saying it's not the size of the bulldog in the fight but the size of the fight in the bulldog. I've got a pretty good feeling that Liam Lloyd will eventually wind up being a Zag.

Wade, Ravet, Harris......a disturbing trend.

Dec/2017: The Pacifica Christian/Orange County varsity basketball team lost Saturday's neutral tournament game against Bishop's (La Jolla, CA) by a score of 74-35. FWIW, I think Bishop's, the best HS in SD, plays 3 man basketball. Sarcasm alert. Still, we'd have to fight off Abilene Christian and Denver.
    I am unclear as to what the basis of comparison is other than that they are all guards.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I think he is saying they are not 5 star top 20 ranked players so why are we even wasting resources recruiting them.

well, at least the kid has already visited...and spokane is definitely out of the way for them to make an unofficial on their own dime. plus, the dad tweets zags fairly often...lot of time to go on this one, but seems like a decent chance...

Hope Whitworth will have some room to squeeze the Zags in on their schedule.

Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I am unclear as to what the basis of comparison is other than that they are all guards.

Small guards racking up telephone numbers against the high school version of the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    I think he is saying they are not 5 star top 20 ranked players so why are we even wasting resources recruiting them.
    Exaggerated for effect, ZD, but you are on the right track. Post NC game, we are advancing in the opposite direction.

Small guards racking up telephone numbers against the high school version of the WCC.
    harris is 6'3 with very long arms...he's no midget...don't know about the rest

I think Harris has a chance to be the highest rated guard we've ever recruited out of high school. Whatever problems you might find with Wade and Ravet's games, I don't see how Harris fits the same mold. He is a legit 6'3, long armed, and is already throwing down through the legs dunks as a sophomore. Nabbing a good player out of SoCal is a tall task, but Donny Daniels and Tommy Lloyd have both been in to visit him, so you know the interest level is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    I think Harris has a chance to be the highest rated guard we've ever recruited out of high school. Whatever problems you might find with Wade and Ravet's games, I don't see how Harris fits the same mold. He is a legit 6'3, long armed, and is already throwing down through the legs dunks as a sophomore. Nabbing a good player out of SoCal is a tall task, but Donny Daniels and Tommy Lloyd have both been in to visit him, so you know the interest level is high.
    Maybe. All I’m saying is if his team scored 35 points losing to Bishop’s down here, he can’t be much. Perhaps he was out.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    harris is 6'3 with very long arms...he's no midget...don't know about the rest
    And he is a high school sophomore. He has considerable more growth to come.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Maybe. All I’m saying is if his team scored 35 points losing to Bishop’s down here, he can’t be much. Perhaps he was out.
    So you are saying you know nothing about the game that was played or even if the player in question participated. But based on that the sophomore in question "can't be much". That is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    So you are saying you know nothing about the game that was played or even if the player in question participated. But based on that the sophomore in question "can't be much". That is awesome.
    Exactly. This is a fan board not the Library of Congress, Van.

Imagine what you could do it you took 10% of the negativity and focused on something positive.......

Exactly. This is a fan board not the Library of Congress, Van.
    So your fan status and participation on the fan board equates to telling the future and proffering your baseless opinions as facts. I guess if your not running kids down your not a true fan Maybe some day the rest of us will learn how to be a true fan like you.

So your fan status and participation on the fan board equates to telling the future and proffering your baseless opinions as facts. I guess if your not running kids down your not a true fan Maybe some day the rest of us will learn how to be a true fan like you.
    kinda like what most do here with every recruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Imagine what you could do it you took 10% of the negativity and focused on something positive.......
    That’s my day job. This is fun.

You’re exhausting, Van.

You’re exhausting, Van.
    Says the kettle to the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    What "facts"? That we have shown interest in smaller point guards? Why is that disturbing? There's an old saying it's not the size of the bulldog in the fight but the size of the fight in the bulldog. I've got a pretty good feeling that Liam Lloyd will eventually wind up being a Zag.
    Let's hope Liam Lloyd grows before the Zags take him on. He is a gunner with the occasional slash to the hoop if it is given. But he is soft on D, avoids contact and needs to mature a lot (yelling and blaming teammates when he messes up is not a good attribute). Do not get me wrong LL has a good basketball build and has the ability to be a deep 3 threat and has shown some hops, but as of now put a guy with similar skills and LL is pretty much a non-factor.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

Shawn Harris, M.A. Retweeted

West Coast Elite

@wceua
    6m6 minutes ago
    More
    2020 Dominick Harris will take an unofficial visit to Gonzaga University January 27th! Dom is one of the premier scoring guards in the country! #WCE #ALLIN

Inside The Kennel‏
    @InsideTheKennel
    Follow Follow @InsideTheKennel
    More
    Can confirm that Gonzaga will have one of their top 2020 prospects on campus for the game against USF. @DominickHarri2 will be making his second trip to Spokane.