• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Yeah, think we got a great one.
    Agreed. I think he's gonna be better than the recruit that shall not be named, when all is said and done.

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Despite being down big at the half, Cole Anderson showed Top sophomore guards Dominick Harris (Gonzaga Commit) & Nimari Burnett that he wasn't going down eas...

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

He's gonna be a good one, but his shot is even lower than Ravets. At the 21 second mark, his 3 point shot was from his belly button. lol

Comment

• maynard g krebs
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
          He's gonna be a good one, but his shot is even lower than Ravets. At the 21 second mark, his 3 point shot was from his belly button. lol
          No. The pass is low. He catches it at his waist, but shoots from in front of his face. Granted, it is a low release. But Jeremiah Dominguez' release was lower, and he made 7 3's v the Zags. If he can create space and get it off quickly that can compensate for a low release point.

Comment

• cggonzaga
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
            No. The pass is low. He catches it at his waist, but shoots from in front of his face. Granted, it is a low release. But Jeremiah Dominguez' release was lower, and he made 7 3's v the Zags. If he can create space and get it off quickly that can compensate for a low release point.
            Plus he still has 2 year’s left in high school. The release will improve. It already has in the past year.

Comment

• Zagceo
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
              Plus he still has 2 year’s left in high school. The release will improve. It already has in the past year.
              yep....went to one game this season and his shot has improved since that game IMO from latest videos

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                Banned
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                I agree, it's just the lowest release point I have seen. But he makes 'em.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

Dominick Harris

I follow Dominick and his dad on Twitter, both are great follows. Today his dad posted him training and it's a great post. He followed it up by talking about the GU boards and the skepticism on here. Those of you who are skeptics remember that recruits and their families read these boards. Keep your opinions positive, as our culture here at GU is a family culture. Don't be the drunk grumpy uncle and be negative about everything, if you don't like a recruit it happens, but keep it to yourself. Get off your high horse and trust the process, trust Few, Tommy, Donny, etc that they are bringing in guys that work hard and fit our system. Honestly, no one really cares who you want or don't want, we all just want a winning program. Please look at this tweet and remember your voice can be heard both positively and negatively.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Here is the feedback-- the negative comments on the recruits and commits does not go unnoticed by friends and family.

Shawn Harris, M.A.

@ELAELITE
                    Following Following @ELAELITE
                    More
                    I coach, but I’m gonna make this rare statement as a dad,and I won’t touch this topic again.The skepticism on the GU Forum isn’t sexy. Blue Bloods after us before we made our decision to commit. Embrace us, the tough journey takes a village..we need❤️ & support from Zag Nation.

Matt

@Matteo_Miguel
                    12m12 minutes ago
                    More
                    Replying to @ELAELITE
                    As an alum, I read the boards but don’t participate on there. I’ll tell you that the real fans are very positive and more than excited to have your son and family as a part of the team. That board isn’t worth reading. The real culture is defined by Mark, Donny, and Tommy.

1 reply 1 retweet 2 likes
                    Reply 1 Retweet 1 Like 2 Direct message

Shawn Harris, M.A.

@ELAELITE
                    8m8 minutes ago
                    More
                    Agreed..One of my other sons told me about it.. I didn’t even know it existed until then..
                    nonetheless I appreciate you ..and we are working hard to get ready & my family is super excited to join the Zag Family

1 reply 0 retweets 1 like
                    Reply 1 Retweet Like 1 Direct message

Matt

@Matteo_Miguel
                    5m5 minutes ago
                    More
                    Us So Cal Zags gotta stick together! Keep preaching the message and we count our blessings that your family is apart of the Zag family.

1 reply 1 retweet 1 like
                    Reply 1 Retweet 1 Like 1 Direct message

Shawn Harris, M.A.

@ELAELITE
                    3m3 minutes ago
                    More
                    ✊��Respect

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like
                    Reply Retweet Like 1 Direct message
                    End of conversation

Jesse Glaves

@jglaves
                    1m1 minute ago
                    More
                    Replying to @ELAELITE
                    I see it, the coaching staff sees it, you see it, don’t listen to a bunch of couch potatos. Keep putting in that work, they’ll be biting their tongues by the time he shows in Spokane.

0 replies 1 retweet 1 like
                    Reply Retweet 1 Like 1 Direct message

Tyson Beggs

@Tyson_Beggs
                    10m10 minutes ago
                    More
                    Replying to @ELAELITE
                    I am on the boards and have nothing but praises to sing about your son. There are others that I wonder if they are even fans on there. Stay positive about GU, as GU and Dom are a great fit for each other. Trust the real GU culture, not those running their mouth behind a computer!

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
                    Reply Retweet Like Direct message

Hayden Deitrick

@hdeitrick
                    11m11 minutes ago
                    More
                    Replying to @ELAELITE
                    The insecurity that some fans have is something I will never understand. We played in a final four two seasons ago, we've made 20 straight NCAA Tournaments. Gonzaga IS a blue blood, and is lucky to have Dominick on board.

@BBallplayaz
                    now
                    More
                    Replying to @ELAELITE
                    Appreciate the work your son/family is putting to make sure Dominick is ready to excel at the next level and beyond. Unfortunately there are a number of "couch potato experts" who think they know basketball on the site -- ignore them like the rest of the Zag fans do. #GoZags

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Thanks Caldwell.
                      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Russell Bevan
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Feb 2007

I stopped participating On this board several years ago because I was disappointed at how many people here criticized 16 to 22-year-old young men so harshly. I realize that this type of criticism happens on virtually every schools bulletin boards, it goes hand-in-hand with expectations and a history of excellence. Almumni, fans and bandwagon jumpers have incredibly high expectations even though they have very little skin in the game other than their attachment to Gonzaga University and the team. It might be fun to list how many dollars every poster has donated instead of how many posts they’ve actually made.

As a winemaker, every year I have my wines reviewed by Robert Parker in the Wine Advocate and others, regardless of a long string of hundred points scores in multiple vintages, I still can’t help but read posts written by novices that criticize my wines on public message boards. As I grow the grapes, make the wines, put the final blends together and finally bottle the wines I take everyone of them very personally. If somebody doesn’t care for the wine it is either their lack of pallet or they did not appreciate the decisions I made somewhere along the way. Even though I realize many of these people probably live in their mothers basement and wear Spiderman underwear and only occasionally if Ever have a date, I still feel the sting.

I can only imagine what it would be like to be a 16-year-old and have somebody who never achieved any form of athletic excellence criticizing my jumpshot, my crossover dribble or how I approach the game. Sure we all have the right to criticize and voice are opinions and show off our basketball IQ’s, but, we can still show the class that Gonzaga tried to instill in us while doing so. The young ladies and men who compete on all of our teams dedicate such a huge part of their life and college experience to represent our beloved school, I would hope that even when we are criticizing them we could show them the respect that they so deeply deserve.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Russell Bevan View Post
                          I stopped participating On this board several years ago because I was disappointed at how many people here criticized 16 to 22-year-old young men so harshly. I realize that this type of criticism happens on virtually every schools bulletin boards, it goes hand-in-hand with expectations and a history of excellence. Almumni, fans and bandwagon jumpers have incredibly high expectations even though they have very little skin in the game other than their attachment to Gonzaga University and the team. It might be fun to list how many dollars every poster has donated instead of how many posts they’ve actually made.

As a winemaker, every year I have my wines reviewed by Robert Parker in the Wine Advocate and others, regardless of a long string of hundred points scores in multiple vintages, I still can’t help but read posts written by novices that criticize my wines on public message boards. As I grow the grapes, make the wines, put the final blends together and finally bottle the wines I take everyone of them very personally. If somebody doesn’t care for the wine it is either their lack of pallet or they did not appreciate the decisions I made somewhere along the way. Even though I realize many of these people probably live in their mothers basement and wear Spiderman underwear and only occasionally if Ever have a date, I still feel the sting.

I can only imagine what it would be like to be a 16-year-old and have somebody who never achieved any form of athletic excellence criticizing my jumpshot, my crossover dribble or how I approach the game. Sure we all have the right to criticize and voice are opinions and show off our basketball IQ’s, but, we can still show the class that Gonzaga tried to instill in us while doing so. The young ladies and men who compete on all of our teams dedicate such a huge part of their life and college experience to represent our beloved school, I would hope that even when we are criticizing them we could show them the respect that they so deeply deserve.
                          I love this paragraph! So true of so many posters who are novices in any field!

Comment

• CDC84
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Russell Bevan View Post

Hope life is treating you well Russell.

I saw this the other night.....it made me think of you

Episode 3 of a 3 part ESPN documentary series on Gonzaga Basketball from the 2003-2004 season.

Comment

• MDABE80
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

1. I wouldn't point fingers at each other. Just take heed.
                              2. Parents read this Board.

Honestly I didn't think we gave too much of a hard time to Brandon.......and surely not to Joe. If anything I thought it was a bit overblown to have a senior in HS calling or organizing a presser for his decision. When is the last time one of our recruits did that? As a result of the "Zag Material" thread, this was not given a favorable review. Nothing against Brandon though....surely nothing personal. So let's move on knowing some things are sensitive. Some common sense is highly regarding in my view.

Comment

• Zagceo
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2013

bump

Comment

Working...
                                X