Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Dominick Harris

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    ... yes i know GU seems to lose stars after signing but this kid seems just too good.
    Does this have statistical backing...or is it just a "no one respects us" feeling?
    I would never be a sellout............unless of course I got a boat load of money to do it

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Gonzaga assistant Donny Daniels will be in NY this week to watch 2020 superstar-commit Dominick Harris, per source. Newest member of Rancho Christian’s powerhouse hoops squad.

What’s going on in New York?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Gonzaga assistant Donny Daniels will be in NY this week to watch 2020 superstar-commit Dominick Harris, per source. Newest member of Rancho Christian’s powerhouse hoops squad.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    What’s going on in New York?
    big Adidas tourney
    He plays with Dream Vision out of SoCal

A member of the staff seems to be at almost every big event that Dom Harris plays at. More so than most Gonzaga recruits. I know the family is 100% committed to GU despite Harris' move to Temecula, but it's almost as if the staff wants to send a message to other high major programs, "Hands off."

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Clearly ain’t working so far. Not only is he not top 20 in class but he’s barely top 20 pg. Not sure what these “recruiting experts” are seeing or in this case not seeing. Kid is top 50 at absolute worst.

https://twitter.com/hoopreview/statu...871354368?s=21
    He's currently a 4 star, #60 and 4th ranked combo guard in the entire country.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dominick-Harris-46048026

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    He's currently a 4 star, #60 and 4th ranked combo guard in the entire country.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dominick-Harris-46048026
    Yet I linked an article from Rivals in which he’s ranked 94th overall and 20th pg.

60th is still too low and he’s a pg despite what some people think.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    A member of the staff seems to be at almost every big event that Dom Harris plays at. More so than most Gonzaga recruits. I know the family is 100% committed to GU despite Harris' move to Temecula, but it's almost as if the staff wants to send a message to other high major programs, "Hands off."
    I think it is two fold, one "hands off", but second his team is stacked and if we are in good with him what is that showing to his peers. I think you will see this trend of being at his events continue.

Gonzaga Guru

@GonzagaGuru
    10h10 hours ago
    More
    Highlights of @DreamVisionBall 16U's 63-60 win today over @teamhardenaau featuring 21 points from Gonzaga commit Dominick Harris @DominickHarri2 & 16 points from 2020 Zags recruit Isaiah Cottrell @bigfella702

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjpj...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I think it is two fold, one "hands off", but second his team is stacked and if we are in good with him what is that showing to his peers. I think you will see this trend of being at his events continue.
    That is an excellent point that I had not considered. If someone from the staff is at every single one of his games his other teammates are eventually going to immediately associate them with Gonzaga and we will at least be in their mind when it comes to recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    That is an excellent point that I had not considered. If someone from the staff is at every single one of his games his other teammates are eventually going to immediately associate them with Gonzaga and we will at least be in their mind when it comes to recruiting
    Cottrell would be a nice addition to the class of 2020. With Harris in his ear and our staff at the games there could be a good chance of him following Harris. Of course I would love the Mobley brothers to come with Harris, but with there dad coaching at USC and the oldest committing there already doubt Evan will look anywhere but there.

What if...the NBA eliminates its one and done rule in the next year or so?

Not supposed to happen until 2021 or 2022
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

looks like 2021 would be earliest

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...m-silver-says/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Whew....

I love Dom Harris and he has a ton of talent, but he and his family value education which was a big draw to Gonzaga, so he is showing up no matter what the NBA decides and when they decide it.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I love Dom Harris and he has a ton of talent, but he and his family value education which was a big draw to Gonzaga, so he is showing up no matter what the NBA decides and when they decide it.
    Agreed. Also, generally only top 5-10 prospects consider the jump. People don’t realize how hard it is to make it in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Agreed. Also, generally only top 5-10 prospects consider the jump. People don’t realize how hard it is to make it in the league.
    At most. But rational thinking is not universal.

At most. But rational thinking is not universal.
    Very true.

Inside The Kennel

@InsideTheKennel
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Another set of games and another strong performance from @DominickHarri2. He dropped 23 in front of Donny Daniels in a 1 point loss

Not to take anything away from the kid, but if he is a potential burger kid he really should not be playing 16U. Most top 25 type rising Juniors play 17U

Umm ok. Looks like he’s playing with his 5* high school teammates. Im sure you know way more about AAU but I don’t feel like that should matter a whole lot.

when the one and done rule is taken away,
    and boys can go from high school into the NBA,
    how will this affect GU ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    when the one and done rule is taken away,
    and boys can go from high school into the NBA,
    how will this affect GU ?
    Minimally I would think, since even with our elevation in the CBB food chain, we would maybe get a recruit once in 10 years who would rather opt for the NBA out of high school than enter GU. Still, it could happen and Harris might be that type of player.

Minimally I would think, since even with our elevation in the CBB food chain, we would maybe get a recruit once in 10 years who would rather opt for the NBA out of high school
    I agree and think it could possibly help because of GU's reputation for player development. Seems more likely to hurt Duke, Kentucky etc.