Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - Dominick Harris - Verbal Commit

eric sondheimer

Verified account

@latsondheimer
    6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Rancho Christian finishes third in Fairfax tourney with 82-71 win over Taft. Dominick Harris 21 points. Isaiah Mobley 17. Dom Winbush is a nice addition for Taft.

I predicted upon his graduation that Jeremy Pargo would be one of the GREAT ambassadors for Gonzaga basketball and the university itself. This is not the first photo I have seen with Jeremy and a future Zag (not sure what to make of those pants or shorts!):

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I predicted upon his graduation that Jeremy Pargo would be one of the GREAT ambassadors for Gonzaga basketball and the university itself. This is not the first photo I have seen with Jeremy and a future Zag (not sure what to make of those pants or shorts!):
    Watching Dom's athleticism really reminds me of Pargo, what a great mentor for him to have in the process. Jeremy was so instrumental in Zach Norvell's recruitment as well, no chance he would be at Gonzaga without the Pargo connection.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I would recommend everyone reread this entire thread.
    There is plenty of room on the bandwagon!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Good to see that the National Prep Review is taking notice of him (and the McDonald's AA icon on their twitter account). I love how some poster says he's not a point guard, and then Dominick responds with "PG." Dominick's games keeps evolving as he plays around better and better players.

Dom and his dad are putting on a masterclass in marketing. Getting it all out there and getting noticed by all of the key players while showing off his dedication and commitment. I honestly could see their work on social media pushing Harris up 20-30 spots in the recruiting rankings and placing him in McD's territory. Seriously impressed with everything they have done over the summer on and off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Dom and his dad are putting on a masterclass in marketing. Getting it all out there and getting noticed by all of the key players while showing off his dedication and commitment. I honestly could see their work on social media pushing Harris up 20-30 spots in the recruiting rankings and placing him in McD's territory. Seriously impressed with everything they have done over the summer on and off the court.
    That’s the way it’s done these days. Great job, dad. The anti-Ball strategy, which is just blowhard.

honestly could see their work on social media pushing Harris up 20-30 spots in the recruiting rankings and placing him in McD's territory.
    Well that and his play of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Clearly ain’t working so far. Not only is he not top 20 in class but he’s barely top 20 pg. Not sure what these “recruiting experts” are seeing or in this case not seeing. Kid is top 50 at absolute worst.

https://twitter.com/hoopreview/statu...871354368?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    ... yes i know GU seems to lose stars after signing but this kid seems just too good.
    Does this have statistical backing...or is it just a "no one respects us" feeling?
    I would never be a sellout............unless of course I got a boat load of money to do it

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Gonzaga assistant Donny Daniels will be in NY this week to watch 2020 superstar-commit Dominick Harris, per source. Newest member of Rancho Christian’s powerhouse hoops squad.

What’s going on in New York?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Gonzaga assistant Donny Daniels will be in NY this week to watch 2020 superstar-commit Dominick Harris, per source. Newest member of Rancho Christian’s powerhouse hoops squad.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    What’s going on in New York?
    big Adidas tourney
    He plays with Dream Vision out of SoCal

A member of the staff seems to be at almost every big event that Dom Harris plays at. More so than most Gonzaga recruits. I know the family is 100% committed to GU despite Harris' move to Temecula, but it's almost as if the staff wants to send a message to other high major programs, "Hands off."

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Clearly ain’t working so far. Not only is he not top 20 in class but he’s barely top 20 pg. Not sure what these “recruiting experts” are seeing or in this case not seeing. Kid is top 50 at absolute worst.

https://twitter.com/hoopreview/statu...871354368?s=21
    He's currently a 4 star, #60 and 4th ranked combo guard in the entire country.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dominick-Harris-46048026

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    He's currently a 4 star, #60 and 4th ranked combo guard in the entire country.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dominick-Harris-46048026
    Yet I linked an article from Rivals in which he’s ranked 94th overall and 20th pg.

60th is still too low and he’s a pg despite what some people think.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    A member of the staff seems to be at almost every big event that Dom Harris plays at. More so than most Gonzaga recruits. I know the family is 100% committed to GU despite Harris' move to Temecula, but it's almost as if the staff wants to send a message to other high major programs, "Hands off."
    I think it is two fold, one "hands off", but second his team is stacked and if we are in good with him what is that showing to his peers. I think you will see this trend of being at his events continue.

Gonzaga Guru

@GonzagaGuru
    10h10 hours ago
    More
    Highlights of @DreamVisionBall 16U's 63-60 win today over @teamhardenaau featuring 21 points from Gonzaga commit Dominick Harris @DominickHarri2 & 16 points from 2020 Zags recruit Isaiah Cottrell @bigfella702

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjpj...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I think it is two fold, one "hands off", but second his team is stacked and if we are in good with him what is that showing to his peers. I think you will see this trend of being at his events continue.
    That is an excellent point that I had not considered. If someone from the staff is at every single one of his games his other teammates are eventually going to immediately associate them with Gonzaga and we will at least be in their mind when it comes to recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    That is an excellent point that I had not considered. If someone from the staff is at every single one of his games his other teammates are eventually going to immediately associate them with Gonzaga and we will at least be in their mind when it comes to recruiting
    Cottrell would be a nice addition to the class of 2020. With Harris in his ear and our staff at the games there could be a good chance of him following Harris. Of course I would love the Mobley brothers to come with Harris, but with there dad coaching at USC and the oldest committing there already doubt Evan will look anywhere but there.

What if...the NBA eliminates its one and done rule in the next year or so?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    What if...the NBA eliminates its one and done rule in the next year or so?
    Not supposed to happen until 2021 or 2022
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

looks like 2021 would be earliest

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...m-silver-says/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Whew....