Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 576

Thread: 2020 - Dominick Harris - Verbal Commit

  1. #551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Why does Harris only have a #48 composite ranking at 247sports?

    https://247sports.com/player/dominick-harris-46048026/

    He is a top 30 player. I realize their 2020 rankings have not been updated of late. I realize he only played part of the season at Rancho Christian. But he had games where he was simply better than the Mobleys.
    ...but he also had games where he completely disappeared. the consistency wasn't quite there and so if an evaluator caught the wrong game...

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,087

    Default

    Well he's got time to make up ground. Hopefully being fully adjusted to his new surroundings will cause him to rise to the next level.

    Then again, I don't understand these recruiting analysts at times. The people who put Jordan Brown in their top 20 and placed him on the Burger Boy team? Gonzaga stopped recruiting him because he simply wasn't good enough. His papa thought he was all world. Then he goes to Nevada and hardly plays because he is simply not good enough. And now his nutty dad is considering Kentucky? That kid needs to go to a place like Belmont. An elite non-BCS school that wins every year and develops players amazingly well. He needs a redshirt year. Not saying there isn't some potential there, but he shouldn't be considering any school that is better than Nevada was last season. This is the end of the Division 1 line for Brown. The next step is D-2 or NAIA.

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,936

    Default

    48th best player in the country my a..

    https://twitter.com/wr5ght/status/11...706164738?s=21

  4. #554
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,936

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    Scott Burgess


    @scottybscout
    28m28 minutes ago
    More
    Pangos All-American Camp: Friday Standouts! @evan_mobley7 @terrenceclarke_ @BucketsBradley @moses_moody3 @TerrenFrank @DominickHarri2 @djfromveg @Pp_doesit @ScottBarnes561 @JonathanKuming6 @Jaygup23 @kyreewalker1 @isilv3 & more! https://www.prephoops.com/2019/06/pa...day-standouts/ … @PangosAACamp @trigonis30


    https://twitter.com/MattyK31/status/1134668401928953857

  6. #556
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    https://twitter.com/Dr_ShawnHarris/s...11293834825728

    Scott Burgess


    @scottybscout
    11h11 hours ago
    More
    Rancho Christian (CA) 2020 PG Dominick Harris has been outstanding again! Changes gears. Creative with ball. Deep range on shot. Works well in P/R. #Gonzaga commit #PangosAACamp

    Scott Burgess


    @scottybscout
    9h9 hours ago
    More
    Pangos Camp: Saturday Night Standouts! @DominickHarri2 @evan_mobley7 @zion_harmon @moses_moody3 @MwaniWilkinson @MadyGSissoko @kyreewalker1 @hassan_diarra11 @moussacisse224 @Pp_doesit @Jaygup23 @ariidavis_ @Micawber_e https://www.prephoops.com/2019/06/pa...ght-standouts/ … @PangosAACamp @trigonis30

  7. #557

    Default

    Awsome!!!

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Dr_ShawnH...697921/photo/1

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #558
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Awsome!!!

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Dr_ShawnH...697921/photo/1

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    worth noting, he shared the pg role and led his team in assists while playing next to daishen nix-- for those of you who overreacted to him taking on more of an SG role for his HS team this year, here's your anodyne.

  9. #559
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    worth noting, he shared the pg role and led his team in assists while playing next to daishen nix-- for those of you who overreacted to him taking on more of an SG role for his HS team this year, here's your anodyne.
    My recollection (which could be wrong) was that he was a PG when he was first recruited, and stayed a PG here in the eyes of the message board... until he wasn't.

  10. #560
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    My recollection (which could be wrong) was that he was a PG when he was first recruited, and stayed a PG here in the eyes of the message board... until he wasn't.
    that's about the long and short of it. everything said pg and combo guard, then someone noticed he wasn't playing pg on his new HS team, and rather than looking into WHY that might be (he joined an established team with a multi-year varsity starting pg with less positional versatility than Dom), they skipped directly to: "well, if he can't earn the starting pg job in high school, he must not be one". took on a life of it's own from there. not really a surprise given this board's pg-vs-not-pg debate history.

    though, if there's anything that's 100% reliable about the internet, it's that people will jump to bad conclusions based on insufficient data. it's kinda what we do, myself included.

  11. #561
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    "Gonzaga is going nowhere. After Mark Few celebrated arguably the best recruiting class in school history, more help is on the way. Already, the Zags boast two top-60 junior commitments that look more than ready to contribute as freshmen. Dominick Harris is a savvy combo guard that wields a very fluid and easy jumper. Along with him is Julian Strawther, the perfect plug and play forward that can check a variety of boxes. The WCC will remain a league that everyone will have to go through Gonzaga if they want to sit atop of the conference’s pecking order for the foreseeable future."

    https://californiapreps.rivals.com/n...-top-takeaways

  12. #562
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    "Gonzaga is going nowhere. After Mark Few celebrated arguably the best recruiting class in school history, more help is on the way. Already, the Zags boast two top-60 junior commitments that look more than ready to contribute as freshmen. Dominick Harris is a savvy combo guard that wields a very fluid and easy jumper. Along with him is Julian Strawther, the perfect plug and play forward that can check a variety of boxes. The WCC will remain a league that everyone will have to go through Gonzaga if they want to sit atop of the conference’s pecking order for the foreseeable future."

    https://californiapreps.rivals.com/n...-top-takeaways
    That first sentence could have been better written IMO. Perhaps "Gonzaga is set to dominate the WCC for years to come."

  13. #563
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    This was posted before-- but it is nice to look at again to see what a driven and amazing young man (and his family) that is joining the Zag family.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=895p...ature=youtu.be

  14. #564
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    This was posted before-- but it is nice to look at again to see what a driven and amazing young man (and his family) that is joining the Zag family.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=895p...ature=youtu.be
    His H.S is only 8 miles away from me. I really need to go see one of his games next season.

  15. #565
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    His H.S is only 8 miles away from me. I really need to go see one of his games next season.
    - yeah........and report back to us on his game and development.

  16. #566
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    2019 NBPA TOP 100 CAMP ROSTER

    Harris

    Dominick

    Rancho Christian High School

    Point Guard

    2020


    https://hoopseen.com/news/event/2019...00-camp-roster

  17. #567
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - yeah........and report back to us on his game and development.
    Sorry, we can't reimburse for mileage or tickets.

  18. #568
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Sorry, we can't reimburse for mileage or tickets.
    Darn it.

  19. #569
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Sorry, we can't reimburse for mileage or tickets.

    I thought woohoo "took care" of these types of things.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

  20. #570
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    Pat Lawless


    @PatLawless_
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    Here @Top100Camp at the University of Virginia. ‘20 Mady Sissoko, ‘20 Dominick Harris, ‘20 Henry Coleman, ‘20 Hassan Diarra, ‘20 Tari Eason are some of the standouts thus far.

  21. #571
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    NBPA Top 100: Keon Johnson, Daishen Nix shine on day one

    Dominick Harris, CG, 2020:
    Harris has always been one of the most versatile guards in his class and he has increasingly shown that on a national level over the last few months. The four-star combo guard has good size and length, plus ball skills and quickness to go with a projectable frame. He can score with his jumper or going to the basket, while he has the handle and vision to create for others.
    Recruiting: Harris is committed to Gonzaga

    https://247sports.com/college/basket...ris-132829682/

  22. #572
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    I love seeing the continued references to him as a combo guard.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  23. #573
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,553

    Default

    Congrats Dominick.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

  24. #574
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Congrats Dominick.
    Harris still ranked outside Top 50 for 2020.

    Watching him at Pangos & this week, he is evidently and obviously one of the 50 best players in his class, if not much higher.

    Ranked wayyyy too low. And that's a compliment to him and his talent.

  25. #575
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    762

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •