Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - Dominick Harris - NLI Signed 11/13/19

Jack Pollon
    @pollonpreps
    ·
    4h
    Gonzaga is in So. Cal this weekend playing games: crushed San Diego on Thursday: head coach Mark Few and staff expected to be at PCC tonight watching future Zags point guard Dominick Harris from Rancho Christian

Was watching the first 1 1/2 quarters when the ESPN feed disappeared on me.

Dominick looked great against a very talented Sierra Canyon team with both Zaire Williams and Brandon Bishop (athleticism and length) top 10 talent.

Will be interesting to see who wins....(too bad I won't be able to watch it!).

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Was watching the first 1 1/2 quarters when the ESPN feed disappeared on me.

Dominick looked great against a very talented Sierra Canyon team with both Zaire Williams and Brandon Bishop (athleticism and length) top 10 talent.

Will be interesting to see who wins....(too bad I won't be able to watch it!).
    https://www.dailynews.com/2020/01/11...itational/amp/

They lost the game this time... Hard to beat a team 3 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    https://www.dailynews.com/2020/01/11...itational/amp/

They lost the game this time... Hard to beat a team 3 times in a row.
    Beating that team 2 of 3 is awfully impressive. Harris proves he belongs amongst the top players in the land.

Dom’s team played a road game the night before in San Diego, while Sierra Canyon prepared
    All week for this big rematch. Tough game for RC on a back to back with a rested, deeper, and more
    Talented SC team waiting for them.
    Sierra Canyon’s Ziaire Williams and Brandon Boston are projected as 2021 NBA lottery picks. These
    Teams should play for the So Cal Open division title in February.

I just got to gym at Rancho Christian. Girls game just started. I was told to get here early to get a seat.
    I now have a Jack Nicholson seat front and center.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I just got to gym at Rancho Christian. Girls game just started. I was told to get here early to get a seat.
    I now have a Jack Nicholson seat front and center.
    Awesome! my main request from you is to answer this Q as you watch him up close; In what ways does he translate to be a high level Div 1 player, and what are his area's of improvement that will be focused on early in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by WRHUradio View Post
    Awesome! my main request from you is to answer this Q as you watch him up close; In what ways does he translate to be a high level Div 1 player, and what are his area's of improvement that will be focused on early in his career.
    You got it.

Well...... A player sitting next to me from Orion told me Dom isn't playing tonight. He said he was sick. We shall see about that.

Dom isn't playing tonight. Not suited up.

No bueno. Hope Dom is feeling better. Was looking forward to to some pics.

It turns out Dom is getting over the flu. He was sick during the Sierra Canyon game. They are getting him well for the Hoophall Classic this weekend.
    Interesting note, Jalen Suggs committed to GU on his visit.

It turns out Dom is getting over the flu. He was sick during the Sierra Canyon game. They are getting him well for the Hoophall Classic this weekend.
    That is quite interesting - I gather that is why the recruiting sources were pretty adamant that Suggs was going to commit for a while.

Yep! He was really close to committing on his first visit to GU, hints why I said he would commit before Strawther. Jalen will be a Zag, he had over a month to get the money from overseas, they are seeking a ton of money it did not come in and he is and will be a Zag.

Yep, this is correct. The staff has known since the last visit of his commitment which explains to many on this board why we have not been chasing other PGs. Could that backfire if Suggs doesn't ever play for the Zags? Sure. With that being said, nobody in the program is overly concerned about that possibility and they certainly didn't want to upset Suggs by very actively recruiting Akinjo and other PGs.

According to his Dad, looks like Dom moved up in the rankings, low 50s but I can’t find a link?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    According to his Dad, looks like Dom moved up in the rankings, low 50s but I can’t find a link?
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...ank/class/2020

He is 54, Jalen is 5, and Julian is 59

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post

So how exactly are these rankings calculated? Are they purely subjective or are there a bunch of metrics that the rankers have access to e.g. height, vertical, arm length, speed, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    So how exactly are these rankings calculated? Are they purely subjective or are there a bunch of metrics that the rankers have access to e.g. height, vertical, arm length, speed, etc.?
    ESPN has a team of "scouts" that does the rankings based on a lot of things, including things like future potential.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post

This kid still seems way underrated. The games I’ve watched he has simply dominated the highest level of competition. Really surprised he’s not higher. Can’t wait to see him in a zag uniform next year!

A large portion of the higher rated kids are there based on their future potential, which is not realized in college for many of them. I can tell you that there are not 50 players in the 2020 class that will come in and contribute more than Harris.

there's really not a whole lot that separates the prospects from roughly #30 - #60 (some years the range maybe stretches from #25-#75) basically the high 4 stars (which includes d.harris and strawther)...for espn this year it would probably be between an 87 - 90 grade. maybe not quite a crapshoot in that range, but even the scouts would tell you there's very little difference. and every year a few 4 star guys become one and dones. so far this year it looks like #40 isaac okoro and #49 zeke nnaji have solidified themselves as first round locks and possible lottery guys if they decide to enter the draft.

I'm going to check out the final home game for Rancho Christian on Wed. I think the game is at 7 pm.

Dominick didn't miss a shot in warm ups but had an off night offensively. he played really good D with a few tie ups and a couple of steals. Dom was lightning quick in transition and not afraid to drive into traffic with the big trees tonight. Rancho won the game this evening on senior night.

Dominick didn't miss a shot in warm ups but had an off night offensively. he played really good D with a few tie ups and a couple of steals. Dom was lightning quick in transition and not afraid to drive into traffic with the big trees tonight. Rancho won the game this evening on senior night.
    Thanks zaga