• Mar 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
          Zags checking in ...

Think Mr. Harris is a priority?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Wade, Ravet, Harris......a disturbing trend.

Dec/2017: The Pacifica Christian/Orange County varsity basketball team lost Saturday's neutral tournament game against Bishop's (La Jolla, CA) by a score of 74-35. FWIW, I think Bishop's, the best HS in SD, plays 3 man basketball. Sarcasm alert. Still, we'd have to fight off Abilene Christian and Denver.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
              Banned
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post

Dec/2017: The Pacifica Christian/Orange County varsity basketball team lost Saturday's neutral tournament game against Bishop's (La Jolla, CA) by a score of 74-35. FWIW, I think Bishop's, the best HS in SD, plays 3 man basketball. Sarcasm alert. Still, we'd have to fight off Abilene Christian and Denver.
              You're never happy unless you're unhappy so you will be ecstatic when Liam Loyd gets a scholarship; hours and hours of endless Debbie Downer posting for you ahead, you'll be in heaven. LOL

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                You're never happy unless you're unhappy so you will be ecstatic when Liam Loyd gets a scholarship; hours and hours of endless Debbie Downer posting for you ahead, you'll be in heaven. LOL
                Just the facts, Spy. Just the facts. BTW, what does young Liam have to do with yet another undersized, targeted PG recruit putting up numbers against D level HS kids? And, I am sure GU offers tuition remission for employees so he won't need a scholly.

Comment

• Goshzagit
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2007

Harris would be a wonderful get, yet feel we are wasting our time with him. Coach Few was just interviewed as addressing how the Final 4 run has increased their recruiting net, yet also wasting more time with recruits wasting our time. Listing us just to list us or gain recognition. Not saying this is the case here, but just an example.

I love that we're on him early, as he continues to grow and dominate his fellow competition (has scored 40 & 50 pts several times), but he's a So Cal kid with So Cal roots.

I have a feeling he's sitting, waiting, wishing for USC, UCLA, Stanford, even SDSU to express some serious mutual interest.

We've shown a big-time interest in this kid, Coach Few himself, Daniels a couple wks ago during SDSU game, now Lloyd in person. You never know, and we are laying heavy groundwork, but also shining a light on him.

Just a matter of time before one of his hometown schools offer him. Just tough to pull a life-long beach goer to Spokane. Its been done, but since Austin Daye. And Daye lived a bit inland in Irvine, this kid lives in New Port Beach!

No coincidence his schools of interest are: Cal, Gonzaga, UCLA, USC, Stanford, SDSU, and nearly every So Cal school

Thus far, Harris has UNOFFICIALLY visited: Cal, SDSU (right after we lost to them & it was his 2nd visit), UCLA (a second visit), USD, USC, LMU, & Pepperdine.

Recruiting trail: https://247sports.com/Player/Dominic...TimelineEvents

I hope I eat crow, yet this kid ain't leavin' Southern California by the time 2020 rolls around.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

Just the facts, Spy. Just the facts. BTW, what does young Liam have to do with yet another undersized, targeted PG recruit putting up numbers against D level HS kids? And, I am sure GU offers tuition remission for employees so he won't need a scholly.
                    What "facts"? That we have shown interest in smaller point guards? Why is that disturbing? There's an old saying it's not the size of the bulldog in the fight but the size of the fight in the bulldog. I've got a pretty good feeling that Liam Lloyd will eventually wind up being a Zag.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                      • Feb 2007

I am unclear as to what the basis of comparison is other than that they are all guards.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
                      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Zagdawg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I think he is saying they are not 5 star top 20 ranked players so why are we even wasting resources recruiting them.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

well, at least the kid has already visited...and spokane is definitely out of the way for them to make an unofficial on their own dime. plus, the dad tweets zags fairly often...lot of time to go on this one, but seems like a decent chance...

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Hope Whitworth will have some room to squeeze the Zags in on their schedule.

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                              I am unclear as to what the basis of comparison is other than that they are all guards.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
                              Small guards racking up telephone numbers against the high school version of the WCC.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                                I think he is saying they are not 5 star top 20 ranked players so why are we even wasting resources recruiting them.
                                Exaggerated for effect, ZD, but you are on the right track. Post NC game, we are advancing in the opposite direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X