Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - Dominick Harris - NLI Signed 11/13/19

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Are they any good? Besides having silly sideline dads. Cole Anthony’s dad is a jerk, too. But the kid’s got game, although pretty much me-first. The NBA will love him.
    Having watched Sierra Canyon play over the past few days, they don't yet have the game to match the hype. Bronny gets maybe 4 - 5 minutes a game, fewer if the game is close. I don't recall seeing Wade play many minutes, if any at all. The hype train that surrounds them is unfortunate, especially for the kids on Sierra Canyon that are legit NBA prospects such as Brandon Boston (KY commit), Ziaire Williams (top unsigned prospect in the country), and Amari Bailey & Shy Odom (two of the top '22 recruits).

Bronny could develop into a D1 prospect if he chooses to put in the work, but he's still a freshman with a lot of work to do.
    Last edited by CaliZag07; 12-31-2019 at 08:56 AM. Reason: grammar

Agent provocateur

Dom Harris with 30 last night, and game MVP In OT win over previously
    Undefeated, and 2nd ranked team in the US, Sierra Canyon.
    Suggs plays against Sierra Canyon on ESPN 3 on Saturday, JANUARY 4th.
    Some great highlights and interview with Harris below at the links.

https://twitter.com/dreamvisionball/...535798784?s=21

https://twitter.com/dominickharri2/s...992658432?s=21

https://twitter.com/dominickharri2/s...581742080?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by CaliZag07 View Post
    Having watched Sierra Canyon play over the past few days, they don't yet have the game to match the hype. Bronny gets maybe 4 - 5 minutes a game, fewer if the game is close. I don't recall seeing Wade play many minutes, if any at all. The hype train that surrounds them is unfortunate, especially for the kids on Sierra Canyon that are legit NBA prospects such as Brandon Boston (KY commit), Ziaire Williams (top unsigned prospect in the country), and Amari Bailey & Shy Odom (two of the top '22 recruits).

Bronny could develop into a D1 prospect if he chooses to put in the work, but he's still a freshman with a lot of work to do.
    With the talent on Sierra Canyon, it's not surprising he's not playing that much as a freshman. I don't know what he will become, but I have read elsewhere that work ethic or feeling entitled are not issues with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    With the talent on Sierra Canyon, it's not surprising he's not playing that much as a freshman. I don't know what he will become, but I have read elsewhere that work ethic or feeling entitled are not issues with him.
    Agreed. It would be hard for almost any freshman to get minutes on that team. Bronny seems like a solid prospect with good athleticism, high motor, and a good shot. Probably a 4 star type player who is solid on a D1 team.

Thanks for finding that Zagdawg. High level play for HS.

All I can say about Dominick is wow!!! May be the most athletic guard to commit to Gonzaga. I want to enjoy this season but can't wait to see these new guys coming in next year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There will be a rematch on Jan 11, aired on ESPN3 at 8pm.

https://scorestream.com/game/rancho-...canyon-2938051

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    I'm excited to see what the future holds for Dom and this program

Quote Originally Posted by ZagSwag View Post
    I'm excited to see what the future holds for Dom and this program
    Commitment is important. It will pay dividends later as skills are refined and chemistry is developed. For that reason, I’m more excited about Harris than Suggs, whatever route he “chooses” today.

Shawn Harris
    @AD_Westcliff
    ·
    22m
    Happy Birthday to DOMinate
    @DominickHarri2
    https://twitter.com/AD_Westcliff/sta...12857958596608

I’m going to check out a Rancho Christian home game this month. I live about 8 miles away. I will be sporting my Gonzaga sweatshirt. Looking forward to watching Dom play live.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I’m going to check out a Rancho Christian home game this month. I live about 8 miles away. I will be sporting my Gonzaga sweatshirt. Looking forward to watching Dom play live.
    Nice!! He is a stud and going to climb in the final rankings as he is having a huge year.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Nice!! He is a stud and going to climb in the final rankings as he is having a huge year.
    How many years will we get to enjoy Dom Harris? 2? 3?

Watched a bunch of film on him today; good to great and getting better. He is in a nice position to be huge without all the hype and lights and expectations Suggs will be drawing. Easily could be the most important part of the team his second year in, or next year even depending on what Joel does in March.

Would love to see Dominick jump up in the recruiting rankings at 247 and ESPN. I have to believe he will after these recent performances.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Would love to see Dominick jump up in the recruiting rankings at 247 and ESPN. I have to believe he will after these recent performances.
    Any idea when/how often do they update the rankings?

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    247 runs a composite ranking that is an average of ESPN, Rivals, and 247 rankings. These get updated whenever one of those 3 sites updates their rankings.

247 itself doesn't set periodic timeframes on updating their "top247" rankings, but they typically update quarterly and following completion of AAU summer circuits and high school ball. They'll make one-off updates to players that were under the radar but are now getting buzz (they did this with Kaden Perry when he received his offer from Gonzaga)

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    So to answer your question I believe rankings will be updated again following the completion of the high school season (February/March)

Quote Originally Posted by ZagSwag View Post
    So to answer your question I believe rankings will be updated again following the completion of the high school season (February/March)
    I would expect both Dom and Strawther will both make leaps. Then again Strawther moved down after his amazing Fiba showing.

'Our only goal next year is a national championship': Catching up with Gonzaga's Tricky Trio

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...0-35964d40fff1

All you need to know for Sierra Canyon, Rancho Christian basketball rematch Saturday

https://www.dailynews.com/2020/01/10...atch-saturday/