Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Dominick Harris

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Mark Few does have a bit of the Mona Lisa in him....
    Is that an eyebrow joke?!

I’m calling the ACLU facial hair division.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Is that an eyebrow joke?!

I’m calling the ACLU facial hair division.
    An inscrutable joke.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Based on what I've observed, most of the posters here have more hoops knowledge than James Naismath and John Wooden, combined.
    John Wooden should be grateful I was not alive and coaching when he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the game last night...30 points in 59-57 loss on the road...

Domininick has high motor. Rebounds Blocks passes...shoots deep...made 3 to tie score at 57

plays tough inside and above the rim...big hops

played wing in Zone defense

https://twitter.com/ELAELITE

Thank you for sharing Zagceo ----- would he be an asset for the Zags in a few years as he continues to develop?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Thank you for sharing Zagceo ----- would he be an asset for the Zags in a few years as he continues to develop?
    Harris will be a top 50 recruit if not higher.

Riiiight. SDSU campus ain't Newport. Pick is Bruins or Trojans. Daniels should save the airfare.
    Ahem

First Zag player since God knows when to have come from my hometown as a kid. Very excited. Remember: he's 2020. A long time until he adorns a GU uniform.

He's only going to get better. Good get.

He's only going to get better. Good get.
    He's already number 51. My guess is he'll be ourt highest ranked recruit ever when all is said and done. That's of curse unless we land Jordan Brown.

I would recommend everyone reread this entire thread.
    "but I did not shoot the deputy...."

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I would recommend everyone reread this entire thread.
    I wouldn't. It's bad enough seeing opposing fans bash Spokane but to see it from our own fans makes me sad.

I’m just happy to be here This was quite cool news. I was hoping we had a shot at Harris. I’m really looking forward to seeing him fill up the stat sheet here.

We are possibly going to have a lot of length in the backcourt soon, which is fantastic.

I won't give a breakdown of his footage, as it's already pretty obvious that this thread needs to stay about the news of him committing.

Having said that, he's got a chance to be a Top 50, maybe Top 30 player. Just a sophomore. A lot of room to grow physically, mentally/emotionally, and from a skills perspective. If he progresses the same way Anton Watson has, then everyone should be very happy about getting a commit this early.

He's 6'3" 170 as a sophomore. Sounds like he could be a Zack Norvell-size combo guard. And with the versatility that this offense is going to need, along with the needs that make the motion and face-up/dribble drive attack possible. It's going to be much less of a headache to have two guys who have good size, adequate handles, but can also play off the ball and score. Given that it's the Mark Few offense, there will probably always be a "true point"-type player from a mentality perspective. But...I like the idea of having more Zack Norvell's to play alongside wings like Corey and Rui.

Things are a'changin', folks. Some remnant of the old school will always be there, but GU is gonna look more like 'Cuse or UNC going forward, than previous iterations. In terms of makeup and talent.

Oh, and can we drop any of the "but muh recruits!" with respect to Coach Daniels? This was a huge get. If he ends up being higher than 37th, then he's the highest recruit we've seen. Coach Daniels has been vital to the success of this program since he arrived. Hopefully, this is the crack in the dam that breaks things open.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    I won't give a breakdown of his footage, as it's already pretty obvious that this thread needs to stay about the news of him committing.

Having said that, he's got a chance to be a Top 50, maybe Top 30 player. Just a sophomore. A lot of room to grow physically, mentally/emotionally, and from a skills perspective. If he progresses the same way Anton Watson has, then everyone should be very happy about getting a commit this early.

He's 6'3" 170 as a sophomore. Sounds like he could be a Zack Norvell-size combo guard. And with the versatility that this offense is going to need, along with the needs that make the motion and face-up/dribble drive attack possible. It's going to be much less of a headache to have two guys who have good size, adequate handles, but can also play off the ball and score. Given that it's the Mark Few offense, there will probably always be a "true point"-type player from a mentality perspective. But...I like the idea of having more Zack Norvell's to play alongside wings like Corey and Rui.

Things are a'changin', folks. Some remnant of the old school will always be there, but GU is gonna look more like 'Cuse or UNC going forward, than previous iterations. In terms of makeup and talent.

Oh, and can we drop any of the "but muh recruits!" with respect to Coach Daniels? This was a huge get. If he ends up being higher than 37th, then he's the highest recruit we've seen. Coach Daniels has been vital to the success of this program since he arrived. Hopefully, this is the crack in the dam that breaks things open.
    Coach Daniels is in his 8th season at GU. The continuity within the coaching staff is a huge contributor to our success.

Perhaps we jumped the gun a bit on what last year's trip to the Final Four would mean in recruiting. With the additions of Brandon Clarke, Filip P, and now Dominick, I think it's safe to say the outlook for the Zags remains onward and upward.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Coach Daniels is in his 8th season at GU. The continuity within the coaching staff is a huge contributor to our success.

Perhaps we jumped the gun a bit on what last year's trip to the Final Four would mean in recruiting. With the additions of Brandon Clarke, Filip P, and now Dominick, I think it's safe to say the outlook for the Zags remains onward and upward.
    Right, I just remember pretty recent question of Donny Daniel's ability to recruit, and the reality is we may not have made the Final Four without Jordan Matthews, nor would we be as likely to have gotten this kid. As well, we might not have seen the big man development from a talent perspective.

Just glad we can put at least one narrative to bed.

Don't know that jazz will give up on his narrative so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Right, I just remember pretty recent question of Donny Daniel's ability to recruit, and the reality is we may not have made the Final Four without Jordan Matthews, nor would we be as likely to have gotten this kid. As well, we might not have seen the big man development from a talent perspective.

Just glad we can put at least one narrative to bed.
    +1 and then some.....it gets pretty cheesy here at times but not enough to go with all the whine!

Go!! Zags!!!

Don't know that jazz will give up on his narrative so easily.
    As surely as I obsolesced the Few32 I have dumped this narrative as well. Thanks for asking.

Come-on jazz .....break down and welcome Harris to the family. Daniels did some great recruiting -- don't you think?

A verbal commit from a 14/15 year old player that is mid way through his sophomore season is something....but it aint much. As someone that has lived this recruiting game up close and personal for over 15 years I can tell you that as this kid gets better, the big boys will swoop in a recruit him just like he was uncommitted. He still has two full summers of AAU ball to play in front of the Caliparis, Selfs, etc. All the stuff the FBI recently exposed can come into play. If this kid does end up top 50 Few and company will have their hands full keeping him committed.
    In reality a verbal with a player this young means next to nothing. One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of AAU coaches will tell these real young kids with offers to "publicly commit"to the first major school that offers because it gets the kid exposure and it effectively binds the University, but not the kid. If he blows up he can always decommit and go somewhere else, but if he doesn't progress the school is still on the hook, unless they want to publicly renege on their promise to sign the kid
    Not saying that is what this kid did, but it happens a lot. Recruiting at the highest level is dirty, dirty business

Come-on jazz .....break down and welcome Harris to the family. Daniels did some great recruiting -- don't you think?
    I thought I just did. Kudos to DD.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    A verbal commit from a 14/15 year old player that is mid way through his sophomore season is something....but it aint much. As someone that has lived this recruiting game up close and personal for over 15 years I can tell you that as this kid gets better, the big boys will swoop in a recruit him just like he was uncommitted. He still has two full summers of AAU ball to play in front of the Caliparis, Selfs, etc. All the stuff the FBI recently exposed can come into play. If this kid does end up top 50 Few and company will have their hands full keeping him committed.
    In reality a verbal with a player this young means next to nothing. One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of AAU coaches will tell these real young kids with offers to "publicly commit"to the first major school that offers because it gets the kid exposure and it effectively binds the University, but not the kid. If he blows up he can always decommit and go somewhere else, but if he doesn't progress the school is still on the hook, unless they want to publicly renege on their promise to sign the kid
    Not saying that is what this kid did, but it happens a lot. Recruiting at the highest level is dirty, dirty business
    Voice of experience, sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post

Won't argue with you at all MileHigh. Good breakdown on your part.

I get the sense however that this "particular" kid doesn't fall into that box. He & his family seem to be very strong spiritually from all the things that I've read thus far. Would seem out of character. But ultimately, only time will tell.
    "but I did not shoot the deputy...."

Newport Beach? C'mon guys, be realistic.